I won't say that it didn't pinch my heart a bit. But then it doesn't mean if they had it everyone will want it. 

I don't. Not yet.

"I am sure, whatever you have is great." I point to both of them. "But I can promise you, I would never become one of you people," I said, arrogantly.

"Don't make promises you can't keep brother." Em raised her eyebrows in a challenging way.

"They are right you know." I heard a familiar voice beside me. "You can take me for an example." Troy my best friend said. He was my college/dormmate at Harvard, and now a very successful lawyer. "I missed you so much Em," He said hugging her while smirking at Liam. 

Liam frowned tugging his wife to his side while scowling at him. "Where is your wife, Mr. Fernandes? Go hug your own wife." Em hit him in his chest asking him to stop behaving like a child.

"I will once she is done talking to Mrs. Crawford," Troy smirked. "Why Mr. Starling, are you afraid that Emerald's ex-fiancee will steal her away?" His eyebrows quirked playfully causing Liam's scowls to deepen.

"Stop teasing my husband, Troy, you weren't even my real fiancee it was just a fake engagement if you remember?" Emerald rolled her eyes.

"Wow, you wounded my feelings, my dear." Troy quipped feigning hurt.

"You guys should stop it before Liam burst." I snickered staring at now a blood-red Liam with clenched jaws, minutes away from throwing hands at Troy.

Chuckling, Troy put his hands in surrender and continued our previous topic. "Yeah, yeah, so as I was saying, take me for example, Xan. You, me, and Andrew vowed to stay single till our next life and you saw my playboy ways, right?." He reminded. Yes, I remember, he was the worst of three of us. He bedded almost the entire female population in the college including few teachers. Yes! Teachers. 

"Look at me now, Xan, I can't bear to stay away from my wife, not having her near me makes me restless. One hug or even a simple touch can make all my exhaustion go away. Trust me having someone who loves you, understands you, is the greatest blessing one can ask for." He gloats with a loving smile on his face.

Em nodded agreeing to him. "Absolutely."

"What are you guys talking about?" Andrew showed up out of nowhere, holding a piece of cheesecake. 

Where did he get that from? I didn't know they were serving cheesecake and it's my party!

"Just discussing my love life," I shrugged. 

He paused eating and looked at me questioningly. "Y-You h-have a love life?" He questioned, astonished making everyone burst out laughing. I gave them my signature stoic face definitely not enjoying what my other best friend has said. 

Just then Eva came. "Why don't you take care of your date brother? Mom has been pestering me to keep her company. I have other things to do you know?" She crossed her arms glaring at me. I look at her sheepishly. "Sorry, Eva."

Troy coughs to get her attention. "Did you forget us, Eva? I am hurt."

Her attention was now on the two new guests she didn't notice at first. Her mouth opened in O shape. "Hi, Troy." She greeted. "I haven't seen you in a long time." She was about to go for a hug when I coughed aloud. Troy put her hand in surrender while Eva glared at me. 

"Oops, I almost forgot the no hug/touch rule," Drew laughed, effectively gaining Eva's attention. 

"An-Andrew?" She shutters, the pale white face getting a tint of red. Even though I don't like it, I know she has a crush on Drew since our college days. I can't blame her, Drew is a really good looking man with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a well-built body. "Hi. Um, I didn't see you coming." She said in a soft tone, pushing her long hair strands behind her ears. I clench my teeth in anger.