the poem.🍓(jamesxalex)

-

-

part three

"okay," alex smiled, james could feel it through the phone. "never 'ave i ever gave 'ead."

james blushed. "yeah, haven't done that."

" 'ave you ever even been with another boy?" alex turned on his side, hugging his pillow.

"no," james admitted. " 'ave you?"

alex stared straight at his alarm clock. the big, red numbers telling him that it was 15 pass midnight. they had been on the phone since 7, but alex didn't mind. he loved talking to james, he loved knowing that he occupied his time.

"yes, uh, actually me an' henry tried to date." alex whispered. "an' we did some stuff, but it didn't work out. we both jus' realized that we were doin' it as an experiment, rather than somethin' serious. turns out, i am in fact bi, an' 'e is straight."

"you're bi?"

"yeah," alex chuckled. "would you...ever, like, you know?"

"shag a guy?"

"oh," sighed alex. "the romance."

james smiled. "it depends, on the boy. i'd 'ave to really like 'im."

alex felt his stomach turn with jealousy. "oh, okay."

"is it my turn?"

"yes, go ahead."

"a'right, never 'ave i ever been kissed." said james with a yawn.

"what!" alex had practically woken up all over again. "you've never been kissed?"

"why is that such a surprise?"

"because you're you!" alex pretty much shouted. "everyone wants to kiss you!"

"that doesn't mean i wan' to kiss them." james snapped. "plus, i don't think i've ever fancied someone enough for that."

"even if you don't, it's jus' a kiss."

"what, are you gonna kiss me tomorrow?"

alex blushed, huffing loudly. "no, you cunt."

"guess m'dyin' a virgin." he yawned again. "hey, there's somethin' i wan'ed to ask you but i can't over the phone..."

"uh huh?"

"mind meetin' me in the bathroom tomorrow mornin'. jus' pick the emptiest one, an' let me know which one it is." james said.

"okay, i better go to bed."

"me too, goodnight."

"goodnight, james."

-

"this is a bad idea." george said as he hurried behind james the following morning.

they stomped through the crowd of high schoolers, the teens moving quickly out the way. james was walking a lot faster than usual, and not even will, who was probably the fastest runner in school, could keep up.