mi razón de ser.🍇 (jamesxalex)

-(part one)

-
(part one)

james and alex started dating the summer of 2016.

at first, james was unsure about dating one of his best friends. there was still the possibility of their relationship crashing and burning. he didn't want to lose alex as a friend, regardless of how bad things got between them. which meant james was always uneasy. the first month of their relationship was odd. james didn't treat alex like his boyfriend and eventually that was something alex started to hate.

james was almost sure that they wouldn't make it beyond there but alex had spoken up about it before it got too bad. yet, alex couldn't carry their relationship the entire time. a year into it and james' insecurity came back. it was as if alex was reliving their first month all over.

however, the second time, alex told james that he didn't want to be with someone who wasn't mature enough to handle a real relationship. james was sure that was the end of it but fraser stepped in and helped them through it.

and for the rest of the year, everything was okay.

their final fight came just days before james single handily decided on something life changing.

university had always brought out the worst in james, no doubt about it. he was stressed constantly, never got enough sleep, ate once or nothing a day, and always distance himself from alex and their friends. alex tried his best to help but james' stubbornness made it impossible. for nine months, james was a living rock.

with no filter and nothing to lose, james managed to say insensitive things to alex. the fight lasted a good two days, and james apologized for everything. those two days managed to make him realize how much he loved alex. two days without alex was much worse than nine months in uni. it was then he realized that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with one blue eyed boy.

and so on saturday, may third, james strolled out his room and into the kitchen. fraser, who was happily eating cereal at their table, greeted him with a smile.

before any actual words came out fraser's mouth, james announced his decision. "i am goin' to propose to alex."

fraser choked mid-spoonful and began to cough viciously. the spoon hit the table just as james ran towards fraser to prevent the other from dying. james slapped fraser's upper back repeatedly, stopping when fraser moved away from him. "w-what!"

james smiled sheepishly as he reached into his pocket. from the sweater pocket, he pulled a small, red box. fraser's eyes widen as james popped it open to reveal a ring.

"i wan' to propose to alex." james sighed. "as soon as humanly possible. but i wan' it to be special."

fraser, both intrigued and shocked, averted his eyes to james'. "james, y-you two don't even live together. i mean it's a bit soon, innit?"