sugar, honey, ice, and tea.🍒 (jamesxwill)

this is based on an old story by AnonymoulyBeautiful and i can't find it but this concept is totally theirs :') enjoy

-

part one

james didn't quite remember how the stuffed polar bear ended up with him, but it was there. it's fake fur was a silky, white grass and it's big, dark round eyes told such a compelling story. around it's neck sat a blue bow, chaotically tied but still in tact. james had named it will.

over the years, will moved around a lot. when james first got will, he made himself comfortable between james' frosted pillows. a white paw on each. after james turned 8, he moved will up to a shelf, next to his iron man and hulk figures. he knew they'd keep will safe. when james reached the age of 12, he grew a little embarrassed of will. on a hormonal tantrum, he threw will into his closet- into the deepest depths of the apartment. and there will laid for years.

it was until james turned 17 that he found will again. desperately looking for a condom, half naked and with jessi volokh laying naked on his messy bed. his foot made contact with will's tummy, a quick shock causing james to jump back a bit. looking past his raging hard on, he saw will's snowy paw lay out into the light. he smiled, slowly picking him up. it was only seconds before his attention was away from will again.

and soon will was back on the floor and james on his lover.

hours later, after all the noise had gone away and jessi had gone home, james returned to will. he brought him back into his room, setting him proudly on his bed. james had even put new sheets on just for him.

now, nearly 10 years later, james couldn't remember why he was so attached to will. he couldn't even remember who gifted it to him, so it couldn't have been the memory of a loved one. will had always just been there and james loved him so much for that reason alone.

that night, after all the lights had been switched off and the house was at total rest, james pressed will into his chest. a juvenile smile on his face as he slipped in a dark bliss. so unaware of how greatly his life would change the very next morning.

when the sun took it's rightful place amongst the sea of developing clouds, james stirred. the sun's soft rays scratching at his face. as his eyes shot open, the stuffed bear was nowhere to be found. as he sat up, he rubbed his honey filled green eyes, a foul taste in his mouth, his lips a bit dry. he felt disgusting, and that disgust was greater than the urge to look for the polar bear.

separating his sheets from his warm, morning skin, he stepped out into the hall and eventually into the bathroom. he could hear his mother and sister going back and forth in the kitchen. it was a gentle debate between the two, the sound of sizzling bacon keeping both of them calm. james washed his face, washing out the taste of his morning breath before shooting back some mouthwash. but only enough to help the smell, not enough to ruin his breakfast.