what could've been.🍓🍉🍇🍒🍑

the chapters that i never finished :)

-

from across the street.🍇 (willxjames) [unedited]

across the street, in the apartment right in front of will lenney's, lived james marriott. james was the vocalist and guitarist for a pop punk band. his roommate, fraser, was their drummer and kept a steady job as a chef at a local thai restaurant.

that being said, every day around 6:30, james and fraser would practice some new songs in their living room. from the other side of the street, you could see the duo jumping around. their loud music caught the attention of a little girl.

olivia lenney, will lenney's 5 year old daughter, would drag a chair out to the balcony every after noon to watch the men play. she'd lean against the balcony, waiting for james and fraser to go at it. her attention completely their's for an hour. gee, will's roommate and babysitter, would watch with her some days.

will was a waiter at pub across town. he tried his best to balance a growing youtube channel and a growing daughter. he made sure to make time for everything. which left no room for dating. will worked all night so he could spend all day with olivia. he figured that if he was gone all night, olivia wouldn't feel like he was never around. yet, some days, he felt like a terrible father.

it wasn't until his first monday off that he found out what olivia did every week day at 6. he had been helping gee clean their living room when his little girl began to drag a chair outside. will didn't question the child, but instead turned to gee.

"what is she doin'?"

gee continued to fluff the pillows as olivia opened the balcony door. "she watches the lads play."

will, now confused, turned to look at his daughter again. the child was already pushing the chair up against the bar, getting ready to climb onto it. will put down the rag, leaving it on their old coffee table. he stepped into london's summer night, walking toward his daughter. he followed her gaze, immediately meeting nothing but shut blinds.

he frowned. "what's goin' on?" asked will.

olivia kept her blue eyes on james' apartment. "bear an' drum man always play their instruments." olivia simply answered.

will nodded, despite not understanding. "right."

"bear is the one with the facial 'air."

"an' drum man?"

"glasses an' funny 'air." olivia answered quickly.

will hummed. "right, okay."

"they're takin' longer today." frowned the little girl.

will turned to look at her again, his heart speeding up as he realized how much she looked like him. her black hair was pulled back into a messy ponytail tail and her lips were sticking out in a small pout.

will was 17 when his girlfriend announced that she was pregnant. immediately mia decided that she didn't want to keep the baby. she said they were far too young and she wasn't mentally prepared to raise a child. will couldn't have agreed more but as soon as olivia was placed in his arms, he knew he could never let her go. mia didn't stick around after that, and he could never really be angry at her.

it just meant will would get to enjoy raising her for both.

"viv."

"yes?"

will picked up her up, taking her seat and placing her on his lap. he smiled, laying a kiss on her pale forehead. "i 'ave great news, love."

olivia's eyebrows furrowed curiously. "what?"