camp cast.🍒 (erlingxalex)

disclaimer: songs obviously not written by me or any of the following characters. but for the sake of this, pretend it is.

soon as u see the (❤️) play song :)

-

the lights, the screams, and the way james and alex spun and jumped on stage always left erling with a sense of adventure. his blood boiled in the best way possible, he left himself breathless with each note. yet, that couldn't stop him. on that stage, in front of hundreds of people, he became a completely new person. fraser's drums encouraging the carelessness that ran through him. he knew the other three felt the same. he knew he had to do it there, it was the perfect place to ask alex.

"how's everyone doing tonight?" the young man shouted into the mic. the crowd joyfully roared back, never giving him an actual answer. "that's great. so for this next song, i wanted to do things a little different."

alex and james immediately turned to look at him. erling could see as their bassist arched his thick brow upwards. alex slowly approached his boyfriend, james doing the same. however, they didn't get too close because erling was already standing in front of fraser's drum set, opening his water bottle.

"i want to explain a bit of this song, and kind of how it came to be." he said before taking a drink of his water. fraser held up four fingers, erling nodding as he set the bottle down. as soon as he turned, james and alex were staring back at him. "i'm going to need some help from you guys and from james."

"what the fuck are you doing?" mouthed james. the bigger man turned to look at their manager, who stood on the side of the stage. james expected the women to be angry, or confused, but she only smiled. james, now completely baffled, forced a smile at their fans. this was not rehearsed, nor was it talked about.

"now, alex, i want you to take a seat." a crew member ran out with a stool, the crowd awed as he handed alex a rose. alex's guitar was taken from him, which left the boy even more confused about their situation. "and james, i need you to sing with me. i'm going to be talking a lot." erling laughed.

he turned once more, walking towards one of the many guitars that stood behind james. he replaced his electric for a wooden one. he quickly turned on the small mic. he strummed it gently, an on key melody filling the venue. "everyone on board?"

"yeah!" fraser shouted from the back.

erling gave the crowd one last toothy smile. "this song is called peach, and it's about a special boy."

(❤️) alex's cheeks flushed as erling shot him another smile. the crowd cheered one last time before erling began to strum the beginning. "james, follow me."

james cleared his throat away from the mic before starting with his vocalist. "you are my peach, you are my plum, you are my earth, you are my sun." his voice let out softly. it mixed perfectly with erling's.

"the summer of 2013, i met a boy outside of a tesco." erling said as james continued singing. his voice only a bit louder than the music. "he dropped his coke bottle into my cart on accident."

alex laughed. "and i thought, wow, what a fucking loser." erling smiled. "so, naturally, we talked for an hour. and i found out that he played guitar and dreamt of joining a band some day. luckily for him, me and james had created a shitty band called camp cast that same week. alex, knowing that we had no drummer or sense of direction, dropped out and joined us. and i thought, wow, what a fucking moron."

"and 2 years after that, i gave alex the messiest blow job in a small, tight bunk." alex's jaw dropped as he hid his face in his hands. "and i did it because i liked him, not because i was drunk."

"i'll leave a tiny cut, there'll be a lot of blood. but once you wipe it up, you will feel better about our entire situation."

"and when we woke up, we both couldn't stop laughing because on his thigh, was a hickey shaped exactly like a peach. i remember looking at him, not being able to contain how happy i was. i asked him to be my boyfriend right away. he said no." erling frowned. "because he thought we wouldn't last— happy three years, babe— because we worked together and we would get sick of each other quickly. so, i told him we didn't have to move in together. we would find a way to make it work. he said yes the second time. that night, i started to write peach. i rewrote it about 50 times before i sat alex down and played it for him. he loved it, and i loved him."

"and three years later, here we are." erling stopped strumming as someone else stepped out from aside. erling set the guitar down as the person took over, the crowd watched intensely as erling walked over to alex. he held his mic in his hands as he did so.

"what are you doin'?" asked alex as his boyfriend reached into his pants.

erling said nothing as he got down on one knee. there was a collective gasp as he popped the box open. by now, the only noise that could be heard were fans squealing. alex dropped the single rose, both his hands covering his mouth as his eyes started to water. "alexander elmslie, will you marry me?"

"yeah." alex choked up. erling smiled as he took ahold of alex's left hand, gently sliding the ring on his third finger.

"he said yes!" erling shot up, bringing alex off his feet, he spun his fiancée around.

"we know!" james yelled into the mic, causing the sentimental crowd to laugh.

-

sorry for any spelling errors 💞

band au