my boy.🍒 (jamesxwill)

-

-

part one

told by will

my heart nearly jumped out my chest as i peddled towards the town sign. the air that blew into my face threw my hair back and stole my breath. i had forgotten how to breathe at that point but i couldn't stop. i was almost sure my skin would rip open if i held my handlebars any tighter. i had to ignore all physical pain, i had to keep pushing.

as i neared the sign, i could see james' pick up truck parked right next to him. his silhouette leaning against the red vehicle. his head was thrown back and i could only imagine how handsome he looked. it didn't take much for him to notice my distant presence.

i abruptly stopped, quickly dropping my bike. releasing a quiet sob, i ran straight into his muscular arms. this was the last time he'd ever hold me like this.

"i love you." he told me, it was his best attempt at closure. "i will always love you." he whispered as he dug his head further into my neck.

"i love you too." i cried gently.

his arms fell around my waist, pulling me impossibly closer to him. i could feel his warm tears against my skin as he kissed my neck lovingly. i didn't want to lose him, not now.

"mi hermoso nino." james whispered to me over and over. at some point, they were nothing but three meaningless words.

i wanted to beg him to stay, but i knew that james marriott didn't belong here. i knew that from the start. everyone warned me about boys like him, about the type of man he would become. yet, i was stupid enough to fall in love with him. i was destined to be left heartbroken at the town line. i had put myself here, i put myself in his way.

james wasn't a small town boy. he was born an outcast and would leave an outcast. he didn't belong in nowhere, england. he belonged to the road, chasing dreams that most people thought to be impossible. i knew that james wouldn't be mine for long, i knew that from the start.

"the color of your eyes is somethin' i could never forget." he whispered, now holding my face in his big hands.

i couldn't hold myself back. i connected our lips for the last time, taking both our breaths. this kiss was like no other. this one begged for him to stay. this one told me everything i needed to know. this one was the one that hurt the most.

"i love you, will lenney." his forehead pressed against mine.

"i know." i said breathlessly. "i've always known."

any other words seemed to be like razor blades to my throat because i couldn't say anything but that. we said nothing else as he pulled away from me. he gave me one last look, his green eyes piercing into my blue ones. i couldn't forget them.

james took a part of me that day. he took the last of my innocences, the last of my ignorance, and left me devastated. yet, i didn't blame him. nor could i ever.

"i'll 'ait for you, james." i said to the sky, hoping that somehow he got the message.

he belonged to me, just as i belonged to him. i knew that one day he'd have to return.

-

sorry for any spelling errors

uwu i just started part two of the fairytale au :)