once upon a time.🍓 (willxgeorge & jamesxalex)

king james is not our james marriott.

-

part one

section a

long ago in a kingdom far, far away, lived a mighty king named james. he was a fair ruler and treated his people with respect. however, even with kindness, the king could not keep everyone happy. for on the other side of the forest, lived a malicious necromancer by the name of hatter. no one knew how hatter came to be or why he chose james' kingdom to inhabit, but he was as old as the walls in which the king lived. many people suspected hatter of being the devil himself. making a deal with him was like selling your soul, and there was no escaping it. for years, the king did everything he could to keep a distance from hatter. he swore he'd never ask the wicked being for anything, nonetheless make a deal with him.

yet, the day came when james did need hatter. after years and years of trying to conceive, james and his wife, martha, found out that they couldn't. they did everything they could to change their fate. they asked fairies for wishes, rubbed genies out their laps, and bought countless potions. still, none of that worked. it was on his wife's third night of weeping, that james realized that hatter might've been the only one who could help.

the following morning, king james set out to find hatter's castle. to his surprise, it was under an hour away. upon arriving, james found the doors of the ugly castle wide open. it was as if hatter knew he was coming. entering with only a sword and a torn map, the king made his way into the dark palace. the dark hallway began to light up, the flames of the candles seemed to whisper his name as he walked closer to the doors at the end.

step, step....james....step, step....james....step, step....james....step, step....james....step, step

as soon as the doors were pushed open, the flames ceased. his name no longer being whispered. he was met with a single chair sitting in the middle of an empty room. the king gripped his sword, staying alerted for any sudden moments. his heart raced, sweat beginning to form on his forehead. he knew something was coming, he just knew it. suddenly, the doors in which he had entered were thrown closed and the room was lit up. candles seemed to magically appear all around him. within the distance, james could hear laughing. it clearly came from the same room.

"you promised yourself you would never enter my castle, yet here you are." james sung his sword about, looking in every direction for the wicked voice. "tell me james...what is it you want?"

james felt a presences behind him, he quickly spun around. he found nothing but shut doors. however, as soon as he turned to face the chair again, he found hatter. as well as a huge surprise. james expected hatter to be an ugly, old man but what sat in front of him was quite the opposite.

hatter's face didn't look older than 30, and his blonde hair spiked up in a soft matter. his skin was a milky white, and his eyes were huge. his iris and pupils were the same black color, giving him the creepiest stare. in a way, hatter was innocent looking, as if he could never do any harm. but then he smiled and james knew that he was anything but that.