lightbulb.🍇 (jamesxalex)

-

-

james was used to the gentle hand touch. usually, girls would place their hands softly over his and give a small head tilt. then, with huge eyes, they'd give james a small smile.

then came, "i don't think this is workin' out."

maddie was no different, and james ended up in front of alex's front door once again. he knocked lightly, almost sure no one would hear. it took a minute before george pulled the door open. he greeted his big friend with a nod.

"hi." james greeted, sadness dripping from his voice.

george simply pointed towards alex's room. he could've just handled james himself but he was way too awkward when it came to comforting other people. it was beyond him how he managed to keep beth around, but he appreciated her and her tolerance for awkward boys.

"thanks." his voice dull and lifeless.

dating just wasn't for him, he decided on the walk to alex's room. they always ended badly, and trying was taking too much of his energy. he couldn't understand why it was so hard?

alex's door was wide open when james stepped in. the shorter boy was standing on his bed attempting to screw in a light bulb. the room was lightly lit, a small lamp keeping it from darkness. as he reached, his white hoodie rode up his hips. james blushed as his skin exposed itself. it also didn't help that alex was just in boxers.

alex and james had never done anything. not anything that they would regret, at least. nevertheless, there was chemistry there. after bad dates, james always found comfort in being around alex. even if they weren't talking. he liked laying his head on alex's lap, letting the twenty year old play with his hair. with alex, he felt wanted.

"need help?"

alex jerked upwards, turning to his door with fear all over his face. his expressions softened as he met james. "oh, 'ey."

"hi."

alex stepped away from under his light. "how was the date?"

james shook his head. "terrible." james dragged himself closer to alex, who was still on the bed.

alex quickly took james into his arms. james laid his head against the other's chest, sighing deeply as he snuggled into him. "jus' don't see what i do wrong." james sulked. "jus' unlikable."

"hey-" alex held james' head in his hands now. he looked down at james, his breath wavering slightly. "you're a fuckin' beast, okay? you're funny, an' talented, an' you're a great bloke."

james smiled sadly. "bit gay, innit?"

alex scoffed, kissing his friend's forehead. "that's gay."

james laughed, his head still in alex's hands. alex, without giving it much thought, kissed james' head again. then his nose, his cheek following, until he was inching closer and closer to his mouth. james took control from there. before alex could kiss him, james pulled his legs so he fell back onto his bed. alex let out a soft moan as james pulled me closer to the center. he climbed between alex's legs and kissed alex like his life depended on it. james couldn't believe how good alex tasted, or how soft he felt under his fingertips. he was beginning to feel glad that maddie shut him down.

"mmm, w-wait." alex whimpered as james' hand traveled into his boxers.

"what?"

"the d-door." the boy stammered as james' thumb ran up and down his cock.

james almost forgot that george was sitting the room next to them. he chuckled, placing another kiss on alex's lips before taking his hand back. he escaped the bed and quickly shut, and locked, alex's door.

he was definitely glad maddie dumped him because now, he wouldn't feel an ounce of guilt for fucking alex.

-

sorry for any spelling errors 🥰

small n short. hopefully part one of the fairytale au will b done soon :)! i love how it's turning out and it's so fun to write :)!