meet me halfway. 🍒(jamesxalex)

warning: blood

-

"what?" will didn't stutter, dropping the berry blast juice box. giving it one last squeeze before shock took over his body. fraser watched the red liquid ooze out before refocusing on the bigger teen in front of them. it was driving him crazy, but he didn't clean it up.

his eyebrows furrowed. "you're movin'?" alex took the words right out his mouth. he was loud and out of breath, his eyes full of either sorrow or anger- james couldn't tell.

"kinda, i mean maybe..." he stared at the pool of juice, some starting to drip onto the concrete. "my mum said it was up to me, since the whole..." james hated being nervous, his sweat giving him away instantly. the moist would allow his glasses to slip and he'd have to constantly push them up. sometimes his fingers would miss the bridge and would smudge the lenses. it wasn't a good look on him. "since the whole gay thing." he concluded with a whisper.

"what's that 'ave to do with yuh-yuh-"

"you." fraser said for will, his angry stutter forbidding he spoke.

"you, movin'?" will pouted unknowingly.

"means that this place is more me friendly." said james. "there's more gay people my age an' more diversity. i mean, mate, look around-" everyone but jj turned. "jj is the only black bloke out 'ere."

"he's not wrong- no offense, jj." george apologized.

jj stabbed at his salad. "not offensive."

"but you see my point, right?" james needed validation, a sign maybe. "plus, it would be good to meet someone."

someone? alex glared at his lap. "an' i mean, it's only two hours away from 'ere. my mum said that dad would be makin' enough for me to come every weekend." james further explained. "so, i'll still get to see you fuckers." he tried to lighten the mood, but only got a smile out of george. it was a forced one, trying his best to feel happy for him. but he felt just as terrible as will- who was ready to cry.

"an' that's if you decide to move?"

"yeah an' if not, my dad is still leavin' for six months."

alex didn't understand the feeling that was pooling up in his stomach. the thought of not seeing james everyday was making him physically sick. he knew it was foolish but he needed to be around james. more than two days a week, if he left friday afternoon and went home sunday night. which he knew wouldn't be the case. he also knew that james would grow tired of it. traveling back and forth, it was impossible.