wonderless.🍇 (georgexjames)

-

-

george wasn't a risk taker.

he was the quiet boy who sat in the back of the class, doodling away the bottom corner of his science packet. staring out the window, creating wild scenarios that could never happen. he was the boy no one cared about, the boy who no one messed with, and the boy no one noticed.

but boys like george didn't want to be noticed.

the loneliness was comforting to boys like him. it was nice, the emptiness, it was thrilling. no one could hurt boys like him because they wouldn't let someone get too close.

why have friends when you have slow songs to dance to. soft melodies that carried him around his room like a cloud. slow words that dripped from a poets alluring voice, leaving george's heart with a longing ache.

no person, george would giggle to himself, could ever make me feel like this.

no person could leave his head spinning, no person could cause the light bounce in his curls, no person could make him feel that pure.

things like that could never fade, but they could become old.

george needed someone to sway with. someone who added to the dizziness, someone who felt just as pure when they swayed side to side.

another wonderless soul with no one to dance with.

and he found that when he looked up from the bleachers. across the dark, neatly decorated gym stood james marriott. his green eyes burning into george's brown ones. and for the first time, george didn't want to be alone.

(*)

their bodies drawing one another closer, george pushed himself away from the bleachers and james put down his cup. the lights seemed to dim as they pushed past other students, wonderless by pierce the veil was announced to be the last song of the night.

approaching james was a risk, and for the first time, george wasn't hesitant.

i don't care if you're beautiful lips exist out there.

standing in a sea of awkward teens and swaying hips, james and george met.

james was breathless and with nothing to say, an oddity for him. george's cheeks tinted, dropping his gaze to his black dress shoes.

it's like a long drag taken before the smoke hits the white sky.

"m'james." said james.

and it's fake, just like the movies.

"george." george smiled.

with george's radiant one, james had no choice but to return a smile. he reached for george's small hand, holding it tightly. as if securing him, george could've melted then.

"can i 'ave this dance?"

george said nothing, simply nodding.

james slid his arm around the other's waist, gripping his hip. george was pulled into james, resting his own hand on james' broad shoulder. their fingers still intertwined as they began to sway. both blushing madly as their eyes met.

and your two faces are locked on mine. had the worst time chasing the thought away.

loosening up, george rested his head against james' chest. the dizzy feeling intoxicated him once more, and that high felt even better than any he had had.

james' heart hammered against his chest, he was sure george could feel it. yet, he refused to move away. the scent of grape coming from george's messy, blonde curls was james' favorite smell.

and as they danced, james asked himself how he had never noticed george.

and if you don't find me on the front page. find a way to say that you saw me.

"is it possible to fall in love this quickly?" james didn't let his brain process the words. he spoke just to speak.

george smiled, his once closed eyes now looking around the dark room. he had forgotten that other people existed within the gym.

"no."

"f'course not." james sighed.

find a way to say that you saw me. and if you don't find me at all, then i won't care.

james kissed the top of george's head, holding his nose there for a second before george pulled away a bit.

both their hearts stopped as their eyes met again. james wasn't one to think, so he pulled george in again. he dropped his hand, wrapping both arms around george's waist. he pulled the boy closer to him, a blank expression on his face.

anything could happen, george told himself.

and soon enough, james was kissing the blonde. holding him tighter than anyone had ever held him.

he had just met him and he was terrified of losing him.

james wanted to know who george was.

maybe i would call. you're a payphone away.

"s-sorry." james mumbled as their lips parted.

george, eyes the size of the moon, stared up at him. "i-it's a'right."

once more, they had forgotten that they weren't alone.

and george had found his favorite slow song to dance to.

-

sorry for any spelling errors:)

due to personal reasons, i will be returning to my emo phase. thank u.