cutthroat.🍓

𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔤𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤// 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝗋𝖺𝗉𝖾.

𝔬𝔫𝔢 - 𝖔𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖆

𝔬𝔫𝔢 - 𝖔𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖆

as erin ran into the house, her lungs became heavier and her pants more frequent. she slammed her front door shut, her hands trembling with immense fear. the shaking made it almost impossible for her to lock the wooden entry.

she could hear the circus music that followed the demonic being. his giggles piercing through her ears as she sobbed, pleaded, for him to leave.

"oh, erin, don't ya wanna play?" erin could feel his breath on her shoulder.

"leave me alone!" she screams as she makes a run for it. bouncing off the walls, searching desperately for a place to hide.

"erin, we saw what you did." another voice echoed through the small house.

erin's panicked eyes shot around her surroundings, the dim hallway making her feel small. her eyes landed on the bathroom door and like an instinct, she ran into the dark room. leaning all her weight against the door, she turned the light on.

the house stood still.

the circus music gone and her heavy breathing was the only thing that could be heard.

with her heart beating violently out her chest, she slid down. erin pulled her legs into her chest, sobbing vigorously.

"oh, erin..." the voice growled. "jus' say it out loud."

"go away!" she yelled, kicking her legs out.

as the panic raced through erin's veins, the light began to flicker. the clown's laugh seem to become more audial.

and then, a soft hum masked the noise. "got a secret, can you keep it? swear this one you'll save..."

"say it erin."

"p-please!" erin begged. "please go away, i'm sorry!"

"better lock it in your pocket, taking this one to the grave..."

as erin shut her eyes, she could see her dark deed unfold before her.

brandon slipping the small pull into the drink, erin covering for him as he dragged her classmate away, and her screams were right next to her ear. it was only a matter of seconds before she let it all spill from her tinted lips.

"if i show you that i know you don't tell what i said..."

"say it erin..." another voice demanded.

"cause two can keep a secret if..." the lightbulb stayed off, leaving erin in the dark. "one of them is..."

suddenly, erin was thrown against the bathroom wall, a bloody hand around her neck as she thrashed about. as the light switched back, she screamed in horror.