Chapter 39

Lisa's POV

📱Me: H
📱Me: E
📱Me: Y
📱Me: J
📱Me: E
📱Me: N
📱Me: N
📱Me: I
📱Me: E
📱Me: K
📱Me: I
📱Me: M

📱Jennie: H
📱Jennie: I
📱Jennie: L
📱Jennie: A
📱Jennie: L
📱Jennie: I
📱Jennie: S
📱Jennie: A
📱Jennie: M
📱Jennie: A
📱Jennie: N
📱Jennie: O
📱Jennie: B
📱Jennie: A
📱Jennie: N
📱Jennie: Your name is too long for this -_-

A smile was plastered on my face and I broke out in laughter. My family looked at me with confused eyes.

I was at the store with my family. They wanted to go to the store and get a Christmas tree, just not the real one since it has bugs and we could not reuse it. So we decided to get a fake one.

I was bored looking around the store and I wanted to really talk to Jennie. So I decided to send her a text.

📱Me: I'm grateful yours isn't 😁
📱Me: B
📱Me: I

Shoot the 'U' autocorrected to an 'I'! Jennie might thinking I'm calling her a... well you know! I don't want to say it!

📱Me: That was suppose to be a U 😂
📱Me: But heyyyy
📱Me: Can I ft you? 😂😂😂

*Flashback*

~Ding. Ding. ~

Someone's phone went off in our group. I knew it was not mine since my phone is on silent. I glanced up to see Jennie checking her phone.

"Oooo popular girl" Bambam joked with Jennie.

"Nope. This guy was trying to FaceTime me last night but I didn't pick up so he is texting me" Jennie told us while we were doing our Math problems.

"Ooooo you got an admirer" Rosé teased Jennie.

"Look at you, growing up, are you even a freshmen anymore?" Bambam joined in as well.

I continued working on my problems not engaging in the conversation. Usually I do. Every time there is a conversation in our group, I always join so I can talk with Jennie. For some reason I have more confidence around her when I'm with a group of people rather alone. Something inside me was burning when I heard what Jennie said. I felt uncomfortable and I did not want to hear anymore. What was it? Jealousy?

"I just thought it was weird. Like I haven't talked to him in a while. My friends say he likes me though." Jennie paused.

I took a sharp intake of breath. I feel myself getting mad. But why? Jennie is not mine, I should not get mad at her. She could talk to whoever she wants. Calm yourself.

"But I don't like him" Jennie continued.

I felt a smile crawl it's way to my lips. I fixed my composure before I turned to Jennie. But before I turned I felt like her eyes were on me when she said her last statement.

I finally looked at her and I was right. She was looking at me. I smiled.

"So FaceTiming people is just weird for you?" I asked while adjusting in my seat to get a better view of Jennie.

"Yeah I don't really FaceTime that much, I feel awkward when I'm on it." Jennie said.

"Well I'm gonna make you not feel awkward anymore, let's FaceTime tonight." I boldly stated to gauge her reaction. I always wanted to FaceTime her and just talk instead of text. Text was not so personal while seeing someone face to face was more personal even if it was not in person. The closest we ever got face to face online are those snaps we send to each other on Snapchat.