Chapter 16

Lisa's POV

"No." I thought.

It was a message from her mom saying that she had to leave. I was really sad, I didn't want her to leave yet. We were just starting to talk very comfortably with each other. Also I needed more time to figure out her password.

But I also didn't want her to get in trouble for me keeping her here longer.

"Hey Jennie, you got a message." I announced and handed her, her phone.

"Oh thank you." She replied and gave me my phone back.

"Alright well I have to go, my mom is here." Jennie told me as she was getting up and putting her backpack on.

"Okay bye, I'll see you tomorrow." I said to Jennie.

"Yup see you tomorrow, bye."

I watched Jennie walk off towards the door leading to the front of the school. I was sad that she was gone but happy because of what happened.

After she left I went to the locker room to change. Time to run I guess, goddd!

Running for an hour and then practicing for two hours is pure hell. My legs were like jelly after running. We had to run a mile, three 150s, six 50s, and ten hills. Then we went back into the gym to do some more running and practice plays.

After practice, I went home and did my routine. I finished all my homework but it was 12 so I knew I wasn't going to get that much sleep, sigh.

It was fourth period and I was in Music. Today our teacher said that we would start learning how to play guitar! I always wanted to learn how to play an instrument because I thought it would be cool to know how to play one, and an instrument I really wanted to play was guitar.

The guitar teacher was cool. He told us to practice everyday so we get use to it. However, I never really got to touch my guitar too much after he told us that. I was either too busy or too lazy and had no inspiration or drive.

I've been talking to Jennie a lot after school now. After math we usually go our separate ways because our lockers are not near each other, but we see each other on the stage.

"What are you doing?" Jennie gives a slight chuckle and stops swiping up to message someone on their Snapchat story.

I was videoing her. Weird as it may seem, I just wanted more videos and pics to remember her. I smile whenever I see a photo of her.

"Nothing." I say with a slight smirk she doesn't seem to notice.

"Man I should be practicing with them." I tell Jennie as we were watching the dance team.

"You're in We Zaa Cool? I didn't know you danced." Jennie states.

"Well in middle school I was just in this dance thing where I use to break dance so I don't know if you consider that dancing." I shrug to her.

"Why don't you go practice with them?" She asks.

Because I want to be here with you. I like talking to you. I like spending time with you and if I have an opportunity I don't want it to go to waste, I thought but didn't say.

"I can't perform with them because the basketball team and I have a tournament the week the rally is." I said, which was true.

The rallies at our school are so crazy. The week of the rally is called spirit week. We dress up for whatever day the theme is and get points. After school there are rally decs and people paint and make posters with their classes. I'm sad that I won't be here for it, I really love it so much. There are always performances from cheer and dance teams like We Zaa Cool. Then there are games against all the classes. It's a free-for-all when it is rally time. My favorite part of the whole rally is the chant-off.

"Oh okay I get that." Jennie replies.

"You still need to come to the gym with me to see Nancy. Stop trying to escape!" I accuse Jennie while holding her arm.

"I'm not trying to escape, it's just that I don't feel like it." She defends herself.

The only reason why I'm pushing her to go to the gym is so that we can sit next to each other while we talk. I imagine us sitting on the top of the bleachers, next to each other.

"Cmon it won't be bad." I claim to her and try to drag her to the locker room, but she is so persistent.

"What if your coach gets mad?" She asks me and I stop dragging her.

I know that my coach would be mad because he doesn't want anyone who is not on the team to be in the gym. But I would just take the blame if anything. I just wanted to be with Jennie and talk to her while watching Nancy struggle.

"We'll be fine!" I lie and drag her again, but then her phone rings.

I let her go and she answers the call. After her call ends she tells me that she has to go. I sigh to her and pretend to be upset that I couldn't take her into the gym. She sees right through it and hits my arm playfully. I stop with my act and say bye to her. I think I'm falling deeper...fuck me