Chapter 25

Lisa's POV

📱Me: Are youuu ready to see the best free guitar show ever?!?

📱Jennie: Lol yep :)

Jennie and her smiley faces. Ughhhh she's making my heart beat fast with these simple smiley faces!

📱Me: *Delivered Video*
(Me strumming the guitar and singing "I love you bitchhh...I ain't never gonna stop loving you bitchhhhh!")

After I sent the video to Jennie, she didn't open it for a bit. I was actually nervous for her to open it. Will she think it's funny? Oh god I sure hope so!

I was downstairs watching T.V. when my phone vibrated indicating I got a text message.

📱Jennie: 😂😭🙈
📱Jennie: I wasn't ready for that extreme amateurish instrumental display

📱Me: Amateurish?!? What you mean that's talent right there!
📱Me: Next time you see me I'm gonna be on The Voice

📱Jennie: Ahahahaha
📱Jennie: No doubt for sure
📱Jennie: 😂

I wasn't really sure how to respond back to Jennie's text. I went out from our conversation and checked her story. She posted a picture that had a caption saying "Love is louder than..." and you would fill in your own definition.

📱Me: *Replied to story* REPRESENTTT

📱Jennie: YES

Our conversation ended there since I didn't want to be the last one to be left on seen and I didn't know how else to talk to Jennie.

—————

It was Saturday and I was going down to my cousin's house. We were celebrating my grandmother's birthday. I sat in the car, distracted by my phone. I scrolled through Instagram, liking on whatever popped on my feed and watching food or art videos.

I saw that Jennie posted on her story a couple of minutes ago. I clicked onto her story. It was a picture for this event called "Run to Feed the Hungry"

📱Me: *Replied to story* Ooooooo I'll probably volunteer for this event! You gonna run it?

📱Jennie: I do every yr :)
📱Jennie: But um don't count on much running I'll prob b walking back w my fam

📱Me: Ayeee maybe I'll see you there! I never been to one of these events so it'll be cool to see how it is

📱Jennie: Yea

I sat in the car waiting until we reached my cousin's house. Every time I would go visit my cousins I would always go get boba. They had so many boba places near them and I was determined to try as many as I could.

We had dinner at their house instead of going out. I always preferred eating at their house because one, we wouldn't have to use dirty public bathrooms and two, home was always better. I liked eating at home because we weren't rushed to leave and we could talk about whatever with no filter.

My aunts brought out the cake for my grandmother and we sang Happy Birthday for her. I took pictures of her with the Polaroid camera I brought with me.

We got back home at around 12 and we were all slumped. Thank goodness tomorrow is Sunday!

—————

I was still a little tired from last night so I didn't really get much of a start this morning. I had no homework this weekend which I was grateful for. I didn't know what to do so the whole time I've just been watching t.v.

I took a video of the movie I was watching. It was Toy Story 2 and I posted it on my Instagram story. I posted it because I could see that Jennie was active.

I finished watching Toy Story 2 and decided to check my story to see if Jennie saw it. Apparently it didn't post and was still uploading! Oh great now I gotta wait longer. When I knew that it actually posted I went off the app. I changed the channel to see what other shows or movies were on.

After a while I got a text message from the person that I really wanted to talk to.

📱Jennie: *Replied to story* Woah woah woah I was just watching that w my little brother lol

📱Me: Oh frrrr 😂😂😂 I was watching it and it didn't post and I was like damn it
📱Me: I think Toy Story 3 is playing right now, having a whole ass marathon

I didn't get a reply till like a hour later. Ugh I know I'm so clingy because I want Jennie to reply really quickly.

📱Jennie: 😂 lol prob

—————

It was 11 and I saw Jennie was still online. What is she doing still up? But then a little voice in my head said: "An opportunity to talk to herrr..." well you are right little voice!

I had my guitar downstairs and have been practicing the chords since 8. I really wanted to play a song on the guitar for Jennie. I wanted to impress her. For the last three hours, I have been playing the same four chords over and over again. In the beginning I was a little choppy, however I started to get a little faster. When I got faster, I started to not look down the whole time at my guitar neck. I was then able to play it without staring at the guitar. I just let my fingers play the chords.

I practiced a little more and I believed I was prepared now. Moment of truth...

📱Me: Soooo would you like an awesome, spectacular, amazing, cool, top of the notch preview to the best thing everrr?!?!

📱Jennie: Y E S

📱Me: *Delivered Video*
(Me strumming the four chords that was a song)

📱Jennie: Oooo u been practicing

📱Me: Yes since 8 😂
📱Me: My hand is cramping uppp

📱Jennie: 😂 oof

📱Me: Don't worry I'll have like a full version of the song but idk if I wanna sing it though
📱Me: I'll butcher the song 😂

📱Jennie: 😂😭

📱Me: *Delivered GIF*
(People holding a banner that says "Thanks for your support)

Jennie didn't reply back so I thought it be good to just end it with a goodnight message.

📱Me: I'm going to sleep now before my hand breaks off 😂 Goodnight Jennie 💤

📱Jennie: Gn