Chapter 30

Lisa's POV

I woke up feeling radiant. This whole month has been something. Jennie has always been the highlight of my day. Scratch that the highlight of my life. I'm still looking at the clock every time I'm in my 5th period. I continue to countdown the minutes in class.

Alright only 10 more minutes.

Okay 8 more minutes you can do this.

7 more minutes cmon!

2 minutes left!!!

*Ring Ring Ring*

The bell finally rings and I'm out the classroom. However I hang back just a bit for Jennie. I know she'll be here at her locker so I slow my pace walking to my locker. When I see Jennie, I suddenly perk up. I smile and wave at her. She waves back and I continue to my locker.

Once I am at my locker, I turn my back to it and stare out in the hallways. My eyes look out for a particular short brunette girl, with a black and pink backpack. I see her and instantly chuckle to myself.

I turn back to my locker and am meant with a mad looking chipmunk.

"Did you hear a word?" Rosé glared at me.

"Yeah?" I said cautiously, closing my eyes and waiting for a smack on my head.

It never comes because the moment I open my eyes, Rosé is already heading to our class. I catch up to her.

I walk into the classroom and see IU. We talk to each other a lot because she is on the basketball team as well.

"IUUU" I echoed out and held out my hand.

Ever since IU came on the team, we instantly clicked. We did not hate against each other. We were really cool. She's the only one I have a handshake with on the team, other than Jisoo.

"What's up Lis" IU greets me and we do our handshake.

I talk to a couple of more people before I walk to my desk. Then I see Jennie. She already had her notebook and pencil out. She looks hot just working on the warm-up.

I approach her desk and smile at her.

"Hey Jennie!" I exclaimed and held my hand up for a hi-five.

"Hey Lisa." Jennie smiled back and returned the hi-five.

However I did not let go her hand. I grasped it subtly to tell her I don't want her to take her hand away. I swayed our hands back and forth.

Eventually our hands were intertwined and that just made me giddy.

"Alright that's our handshake now" I told Jennie while looking for her reaction.

"Okay" She smiled and she gently let her hand go.

It felt empty without her hand intertwined with mine. I wish I could hold her hand all day long.

Jennie could not stay today after school so I got sad. I had no motivation to go to basketball practice. She was my coffee, my energy. She pushed me to do good. Just being around her always brought my spirit up. It was also Friday so I would not get to see her for two days until we get back to school on Monday ;(

When practice was over, I was so glad because I wanted to go home and text Jennie the whole night. And guess what? That's exactly what I did.

I have been texting Jennie a lot recently on Snapchat. I have no problem with that because I want to keep a streak with her. Who knows, maybe we can become best friends on Snapchat.

📱Me:

📱Me: I have like little storage 😂

📱Jennie: Omg y did you save those 😂🙈

I have no regrets keeping those screenshots. I'll gladly kill my storage if I can keep these photos of Jennie. She looks so cute in all these. Plus I keep them in "My Eyes Only" because she is the only one for my eyes. So everyone gotta back off.

📱Me: Cause they picture worthyyy and those are hella nice pictures!!!

📱Jennie: Ahahaha no -_-

📱Me: Wym, these pictures are cute 😂

📱Jennie: ...

Oh god, I hope she does not think I'm weird for saying she's cute. I hope I did not make this awkward. I gotta save this somehow...

📱Me: But you know what's cuter?!? Them pictures in your camera roll!!! Rosé killing it

Nailed it.

📱Jennie: Omg I just saw them
📱Jennie: Ahahahaha

📱Me: They nice huh? 😂
📱Me: Yw
📱Me: Those are free, we ain't charging you

After that text, she did not reply back. So I decided to just snap her.

We snapped each other about her French teacher. Well that French teacher was my French teacher as well. She teaches French 1 and French 3.

French was always a fun and interesting language for me to learn. It started to go downhill because it was not the same. When I took French 1 with this other teacher, I actually learned. I was so interested in learning the language.

Now, it sucked because I'm not learning anything. The teacher lacks in experience since she is new so I let her slide for the first months. However, she never taught us after being here for 3 months. We reviewed French 1 and 2 material and never learned French 3.

Jennie and I were talking about our French teacher for a while. When I looked at the time. It was already 9:30. I got a snap from Jennie saying that she was tired and she was going to go to sleep.

I sent her a snap saying goodnight and I'll see her tomorrow. I smiled widely and looked at my AP Language homework.

"Well I have enough energy now to do you" I talked to my homework like it is an actual person and began working on it.

Author's Note:

Woah did I really just hit 1k reads?!? 😳 That's crazy!!! Thank you so much for bearing with me! I'm going to try and update as much as I can for you guys! Thanks for inspiring me!
🥺❤️ and also this is ranked #3 for jenlisa! Wow really thank you so much everyone! I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! It's gonna be a lot of cute stuff, angst will come but I don't want to spoil it for you guys 👀 Again thank you!! ❤️😭🥺