Chapter 27

Lisa's POV

We came back to school after Thanksgiving break pretty quick. I didn't want to go to school, but then the thought of seeing Jennie made me excited to actually go back.

It was sixth period and Jennie had my phone again. I really got to put my phone in my pocket, she always seems to have it.

"How are you always getting my phone?" I chuckled while smiling and watching her on my phone.

She just gave me her sweet gummy smile as her response. She's really something.

I peeked over at my phone and she was on my Snapchat.

"What are you doing on my Snapchat?" I asked Jennie while narrowing my eyes at her.

"Here you go." She handed me my phone back.

I realized she just added herself as a friend on my Snapchat. I don't got a problem with that, more ways to communicate with her and see what's up in her life.

I looked up and saw her still smiling at me. I lose my composure when she is looking and smiling at me like that.

After a while we had some free time in class since we finished learning the lesson quick. I grabbed Jennie's phone and went on her Instagram.

She was too busy on my phone to notice her own was gone. I took a picture of myself and tagged my account. Then I posted it on her story.

A notification rang on my phone saying "Jennie mentioned you in their story!"

Jennie looked up at me and showed me my phone.

"Really you posted a pic on my story?" She told me while showing my phone to me.

I just shrugged at Jennie and gave her a big smile.

I was on her phone still when her phone got a notification. "Lisa mentioned you in their story!"

I clicked on the notification and saw that she posted a boomerang of herself with heart eyes. She then had a caption that contained every emoji you can think of. She also tagged her self near the bottom of the boomerang.

We had this play fight/argument about the amount of emojis Jennie uses. I asked her why does she use a lot of emojis when messaging me. She just argues that it's fun.

I got another notification saying a message was sent. Jennie sent a photo of only her smile and the text was ":))))"

She really just sent a pic of her smile to herself. Smh, she's so cute. I laughed to myself while secretly celebrating because I have these beautiful photos and videos to look at whenever I miss her.

I looked at Jennie and she was staring back at me. We both smiled at the same time.

The bell rang and we were finished with school. I looked at the messages once again and sent a reply to Jennie.

📱Me: Oml 😂

📱Jennie: Yw

📱Me: I'm just looking at all the stuff that's on my phone 😂😂😂

📱Jennie: Bahahaha ahhhh

I put my phone in my pocket, content with the interaction between me and Jennie. We have been getting closer and I'm so happy that we have. She just completes me.

I stayed until 5 because I could not go home and I had to wait just an extra two hours for practice so it was not that bad. I just did not want to drive back and forth.

Before I put my phone down, I got a Snapchat message from Jennie! OML SHE TEXTED MEEE! ON SNAPCHAT!!

📱Jennie: *Delivered Story*

It was a math meme from one of the channels on Snapchat.

📱Me: So instead of doing hw, you're doing this? 😂

I sent a snap to her with the caption. "I'm so tired, wyd?"

I put my phone down and started to warm-up on the court a bit. I was shooting free throws but I was not focused because my mind went back to my phone.

Something in me told me to check my phone. It was like my intuition telling me to check it because Jennie probably sent a message back. It was my Jendar (Jennie radar).

I walk over to my bag and pick up my phone. Sure enough it's a snap from Jennie.

I open the snap and I am greeted by a picture of Jennie with a red and white wall in the back. She's probably in her room. The caption says "I'm doing math hw and I'm bored."

I have a small smile on my face while reading her caption in my head. I take a pic of my forehead and eyes. The caption says "Oop oh yeah, what were the problems again for math? 😂"

The reply I got from her was a picture of her rolling her eyes and the caption said "U only have to do odds"

I laughed and shook my head. I love the sarcasm she uses and how we playful talk to each other like this. I sent her a picture of my shoes and wrote a caption: "Alright I'm just making sure you got the right numbers 👀"

I get a snap back saying "Mmmk" and then I am off back to my practice with the biggest grin you can imagine.

—————

The next day went just as fast as yesterday. I remember talking excitedly to Jennie during 6th period. It seems like 6th period is my favorite period now, I wonder why...? 🤔

It was the end of the school day and I stayed at the senior stage because I was waiting for basketball practice to start.

I sent a snap to Jennie of my forehead and the caption said "Hey Jennieee"

A few moments later I get a beautiful snap back from an angel. Jennie sent a snap of herself and she was wearing a burgundy zip-up hoodie. She had a filter which gave her glasses and little bear ears. She was smiling while looking out the car window. The caption said "What Lisaaa"

We sent snaps back and forth until it was night. They went from me saying I'm bored to tea about Nancy and random things. I learned that Jennie has to sleep early because she has a zero period so that means she gets up earlier than everyone else. I sent a goodnight snap to her and began getting ready for bed.

Best week ever so far!