Chapter 11

Lisa's POV

"Sooo looks like Manoban got her eyes set on someone!" Jisoo stated while giving me her signature smile.

"Pshhh what, you crazy." I proclaimed to her. Jennie was close and I didn't want to lose any opportunity of talking to her.

I turned to Jisoo.

"I'll meet you in the locker room in a bit." I told Jisoo as I was pushing her to the locker room.

"Okay just don't be late." She warned me as she went into the locker room.

After I made sure Jisoo was gone, I made my way towards Jennie. I went up the stairs on to the stage. She was sitting with people I have not seen with her before. I guess she was uncomfortable since she was just staring at her phone the whole time. I was behind her and really wanted to give her a back hug. It would be such a loving embrace, like how couples do it. Instead I tap her head and she turns around.

"Oh Lisa, h-hi what are you doing here?" Jennie asked. She seemed happy to see me, I hope my instinct was right about this.

"Basketball practice. I have it like everyday. What about you?" I asked her back. I never knew she stayed here after school, maybe I could talk to her more now, I thought.

"I'm stuck here because I'm waiting for Taehyung to finish soccer practice." She answered. I don't know why but for some reason that broke my heart.

"T-taehyung, oh are you guys like—"

Jennie cut me off, it seemed like she knew what I was about to say.

"God nooo. He's my brother." Jennie revealed and I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding. I was grateful for her revelation, I honestly don't know what I would do if she was dating someone.

"Jennie, Jennie, Jennie! I have some more tea about Nancy!" I squealed to her.

"Wow so excited, it's that good huh? Spill." Jennie asserted. I really like how assertive and straightforward she is, she's different. I like it.

"I don't even know where to start, so I went to the bathroom after our conversation and she was in there. She was crying and—" I was cut off by a voice yelling for me.

"MANOBAN GET YOUR ASS IN THE GYM, COACH IS HERE!" Jisoo screamed at the top of her lungs that everyone who was still around turned to look at her.

I turned to Jennie with an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry, I gotta to go, but I'll text you." I reassured her as I was backing away from her slowly. I didn't want to leave so soon, I wanted to stay with her longer.

"It's okay, I'll be waiting for it." She told me and it made my heart beat madly for how she said she'll wait for it.

I went to my practice all giddy. I was excited for it to be over so I could text Jennie freely. I talked to Momo more and learned more tea about Nancy. Momo was explaining the reason why Nancy was really crying. I asked her more questions to get more tea and surprisingly I did. We were still warming up and waiting for our other teammates to come out of the locker room and practice. This gave me an opportunity to text Jennie.

I got on to Instagram and checked my feed real quick. I saw she posted something on her story.

She posted a pic that said "You can not buy happiness, but you can buy ice cream and that's kind of the same thing.

I swiped her and replied to her.

📱Me: Dude that ice cream post 🍦PREACH, what's your favorite?

I want to get to know Jennie more. She caught my eye the first time I meant her. I needed to know just some personal facts about her. I want to get her everything in the world. I want to please her with all I can get her. And that's starts by learning some facts about her.

📱Jennie: Oof that's hard idk
📱Jennie: Cookies and cream?
📱Jennie: Rocky roadddd
📱Jennie: Wait, Rainbow sherbet
📱Jennie: Ugh idk

📱Me: Damn you have a whole agenda 😂

📱Jennie: Fr fr 😂

📱Me: Man you know what the shit is Mint Chocolate Chippp
📱Me: And guess what

📱Jennie: Yes yes yes
📱Jennie: What

📱Me: I have hella tea ☕️☕️☕️

📱Jennie: Woah woah woahhh spillll

📱Me: Alright I probably could only spill a little since I got practice in a while
📱Me: Let me starttttt

As I predicted, my coach called us to get on the floor to start practice. I quickly typed as much information as I could and sent it to Jennie. I really would have preferred being on my phone rather than practicing. I wanted to lay in my bed and text her all night long. I wouldn't care if I would lose sleep.

My connection with her was getting deeper and deeper. I knew I was happy with her, but I was getting scared. Scared of rejection all over again. I wonder if Jennie will be different. Will she bring my heart joy rather then shatter it into more pieces? Does she feel the same way I do?

I hope soon I have answers to my questions, even if they will hurt me even more.