Chapter 10

Lisa's POV

Was it a blessing or a curse that I walked into this situation? I walked in on Nancy. Now you know why this is a blessing or curse, I can get more tea and share it with Jennie. She was in here with one of my teammates, Momo. Momo and I were close but not that close. We occasionally talk and share answers for tests.

I looked back and forth between Nancy and Momo. I gave her a silent messages through my eyes.

Everything okay?

Momo knew what I was saying and nodded. I asked her that because Nancy was in here sobbing. I don't do well with others crying. It's hard to comfort someone because if you pat them to comfort them, they could cry more and I never like being in that situation.

Even though I was concerned, I was still curious of why she was crying. Probably because of what happened earlier. I went to the sink and pretended to wash my hands. I needed to stay here to get some information. I feel like a spy. After a while they started to talk but really lowly. Luckily for me it was just the three of us in here and I could hear their every word.

I didn't want to look to suspicious so I "fixed" myself in the mirror so I could listen to more of their conversation. My initial thought was right. Nancy was crying over about what happened and saying how she was perfect and everyone else was dumb for leaving her. I held in a laugh because it's ridiculous how highly she thinks of herself.

I left the bathroom and sprinted towards the room that Rosé was having the meeting. I walked in and greeted our supervisor. I settled in a seat next to Jisoo and Seulgi. I'm surprised Rosé convinced to get Jisoo and Seulgi here. They don't seem like the people invested in this club. Rosé threw me a deadly glare while she explaining the plan of what we were going to do and I smiled innocently at her. I was trying to soften her up but also I was thrilled to have an excuse to talk to Jennie again.

After Rosé finished she dragged me by my ear.

"Owww, owwww, owwww!" I yelled as she pulled me to a corner.

"Where have you been? You agreed to help me with this club, you know how my parents are." Rosé said as a rush of sadness and anger covered her face.

Rosé had the most strict parents in the world. They expected so much from her. Of course it is normal for parents to want their kids to succeed and live a good life. But Rosé's parents go overboard. They want her to be so school involved so it would look good on her transcript. Rosé rarely has fun. When we are in school, she can not go out, even if it's on the weekends. They force her to stay in her room whenever she has tests.

It was really bad one time that she texted me, telling me she hasn't eaten. I felt so angry at her parents. I quickly grabbed snacks and drinks from my cupboards and fridge. I rode my bike to her house and snuck in through her window. I stayed with her until she finished studying. I couldn't leave her alone. Her parents also believed grades were everything. I believe they weren't. Letters do not determine our knowledge or capability to learn. But they were so stubborn with their ways, no one could convince them.

"I'm sorry. I was talking to Jennie and lost track of the time." I replied to Rosé.

She stared at me so intently. She knew I wasn't telling the whole truth.

"And I may have stayed in the bathroom because I didn't want to be here." I whispered to myself, but I knew she heard me the minute I felt a sting on my head. She whacked me on the side of my head! Aishhh this girl.

"I'm mad at you, but to be honest I wouldn't want to be here too." Rosé confessed showing me a small smile.

"But heyyy I have some tea about Nancy and it was because I went to the bathroom instead of here." I told Rosé as I pulled her closer.

I whispered to her everything that I found out. I told her everything Jennie told me and what I heard in the bathroom. We didn't even care about the club anymore. After we finished our conversation, Rosé looked at the time at her phone. It read 3:58 pm.

"Well this meeting is over. Just remember to come on time next time." She scolded me before I left.

"Alright, alright I got it Mom!" I exclaimed as I grabbed my bag and ran off.

"YAH DON'T CALL ME MOM!" Rosé screamed, watching me run like a wild deer away from her.

I chuckled, slowing down because I knew I was not being hunted anymore. Jisoo came up from behind me and scared me. We walked with each other to the locker room so we could change for practice.

As we were walking towards the locker room, I glanced at the stage and saw Jennie there. My heart raced so fast like it was the first time I saw her. My eyes were so glued onto her, I couldn't pry them off. She's so fucking precious. She started to smile and laugh. I couldn't hold back my smile as I saw her happy.

"Manoban! What you looking at?" Jisoo questioned me and looking in the direction I was looking at.

"A fucking goddess that's what." I mumbled beneath my breath. I thought I was slick but Jisoo heard every word I said loud and clear.

She looked back and forth. Jennie, me, then back at Jennie. Shoot did I just rat myself out? Jisoo gave me an evil smirk and her eyes were giving me a sinister look. I gulped.