Chapter 26

Lisa's POV

Ahhh Thanksgiving! Giving thanks, eating food, spending time with family, eating food. Yeah just eating food, but really good food early in the afternoon!

The Run to Feed the Hungry was today so I got up early, 7 am to be precise. I got all dressed up in warm clothes since it would be really cold and possibly rain.

Bambam, Rosé, and Jisoo were there as well. We asked the coordinator if they could put us all next to each other and were lucky cause they did. Our jobs were to direct and cheer on the runners. The place we were stationed at was really cool. The people inside the shop came out and joined us cheering the runners on. They also were giving out water and were even playing music for the runners.

Bambam, Rosé, and Jisoo were all holding signs. We switched off on who held signs. I was cheering loudly and crazy. I felt that I was going to lose my voice. I was tired especially from the night before.

The night before Bambam, Rosé, Jisoo, and a couple of other people were at my house for a Friendsgiving. We spent the time eating the delicious food my sister made, playing beer pong, Dance Central on the Xbox, and talking about life. We stayed up really late and I didn't even get to sleep until 1 or 2.

I then remembered that Jennie said that she was going to be here. I hope she does show up, I really want to see her. I know it's only been a couple days on break, but I really miss seeing her pretty face.

3 hours in and I was honestly losing hope. Maybe Jennie's path is not this way. There were two routes for the runners. I was near the finishing line by one route while the other was in the complete opposite direction.

I watched the people run pass, faking a smile since I couldn't see Jennie today.

"Isn't that Jennie?" Rosé asked while pointing at a girl in the middle of a group of people that was across on the other sidewalk from us.

I quickly perked up and began looking around. That's when I saw her. Simplicity even suits her well. She doesn't need to dress up because she is already so beautiful. She wore a puffy navy blue jacket with a grey beanie and black leggings.

She looked a little distracted. She was not really into the run and I could tell. So I decided to do something.

"JENNIE!" I yelled, hoping to get her attention. However it was unsuccessful, she continued to walk without looking around.

My friends looked at me smiling sympathetically, but I was okay. I was already happy just to see Jennie, even if she didn't see me. My heart was content just to already see her.

—————

After I got home from the run, I decided to send Jennie a text message. Since I already saw her, I was craving for more of her attention.

📱Me: Jennie! Happy Freaking Thanksgiving!!! Hopefully the run was fun, it was crazy cold out there today

I didn't want to tell her that I saw her at the run. For some reason I thought that be stalker like and awkward so I wanted to be saved from the trouble.

📱Me: Also be ready for some GREAT guitar jams today! 🎸

I was just waiting for Jennie's text as usual it seems these days. But no matter how long she takes, I'll always still reply back to her in a heartbeat.

An hour later she sends a message back.

📱Jennie: Yay!!! Happy thanksgiving to u too :)

I smiled and put my phone away. I ate Thanksgiving dinner with my family and it was really fun. We actually went out to my cousin's restaurant for dinner and I was able to talk to my cousins since they came home for the holiday.

When we got home it was about 8:30. I was tired and ready to pass out. But then I remembered that I needed to give Jennie her guitar jams today and honestly I wasn't complaining. I actually enjoyed playing guitar now. I wanted to always play it for Jennie.

2 hours later and I was still trying to perfect the song we were learning in Music Appreciation. I got it down, but I wanted to be clean as well. I strummed the guitar so many times my hand was getting tired, but I knew I would never give up especially if it was for Jennie as well. This was going to be a really special performance because not only will I be videoing myself playing the guitar, I'll also be singing the song.

I practiced singing it a bit while strumming the guitar. I was very nervous in messing up, especially the strumming. Singing, I wasn't too concerned about that since I could just be quiet and strum the guitar.

📱Me: Who's ready for the most breathtaking, incredible, spectacular,        mind-blowing, jaw-dropping performance???
📱Me: Well this ain't it, 😂 it's a cringey, mediocre, amateur performanceee

Once those messages were sent, I waited in anticipation for Jennie to open her messages. Luckily she opened in about 20 minutes.

📱Jennie: Lol I'm not surprised

This is why I lov...like Jennie so much. We would always have these playful banters. We joke and get on each other's asses, but we know that we are always joking.

📱Me: *Delivered GIF*
(It was from the movie "Friday." Ice Cube and Chris Tucker leaning back into their seats saying "DAMN!")
📱Me: 😂
📱Me: *Delivered Video*
(🎶"When the night, has come. And the land is dark. And the moon, is the only, light you'll see"🎶)

In the video I sang, but it was barely audible since I was not singing too loud. Jennie instantly replied back after a minute.

📱Jennie: Oooo u got btr
📱Jennie: *Delivered GIF*
(Corrine from the Bachelor saying "I see you")
📱Jennie: *Delivered GIF*
(Guy smiling and clapping with confetti falling)

📱Me: *Delivered GIF*
(Envelope releasing hearts and text saying "Thank You!" at the end)
📱Me: My sisters are so done hearing these same 4 chords cause I keep playing it and the song is just the same chords over and over again 😂
📱Me: But don't worry I'm learning another songgg 👀

📱Jennie: Lol ok

I'm so glad Jennie gave me an opportunity to let me show her my songs. I hope she is impressed.