"It seemed so long ago." Luke murmured, aching my heart a little.

"I know." My fingers kept jittering behind me when it continuously sinked in to me that this isn't one of my imaginations. We were talking like two normal people just catching up with the past. As if there wasn't a hurricane that went between us. Like we were both suddenly—okay. "Hey, Luke. I—This. You. Here with me. Why?" I can't help but ask. Don't get me wrong. I've waited for this since stepping out of the hospital for good. I've prayed for this so many times before I sleep. But here I am right now, I've got it but can't help—ask why we're here.

It's all too sudden. I thought he wished he never met me. But here he was, smiling like me as if he wasn't so hurt like he was when all these began.

"I find that answering the question of why takes more time than just—doing it. You know."

"What do you mean?"

"Life's too short not to do what we want. Right?" Not to do what we want? Does he mean he... he... want this? "Besides, we're friends before all of this."

"Were we? 'Cause the last time I remember, some idiot tried cutting my hair halfway up the roots." It still gives me the giddyness after all these years. Remembering how I met him and how when I was young, I was sure he'll be an important part of my life.

"It wasn't on purpose! And you weren't so mad about it before!" He looked at me that I laugh before shaking my head.

"That's because you got rid of the gum. So, I owed you." Luke nodded as we came into a little corner with huge trees and hanging lights. I stopped about and took my time to appreciate everything right now. Every little thing that reminded me of how happy we were back then.

"The uh—the band missed you. You know. Even if they didn't admit it much." I wanted to ask... did he miss me, too? "Mike and Ash can't shut up about you the most." He stood there watching me look up like an idiot that I only managed to smile at him while feeling my heart bursting with fireworks. "They missed the pizza nights and movie marathons. All that shindig you used to prepare on breaks." I smiled at the memory of when I used to go all the way to make them feel finally at home. They weren't given enough rest every time they release a song the reason why I purposely made them go once a month on to our house just to watch movies and eat so much.

It's been a tradition that I missed so much.

"Can't blame them. My cooking is that missable." I retorted, earning a huff from the man in front of me.

"Is that even a word?"

"No, I don't think so." He laughed, drawing near me still wearing the smile on his face.

"Thanks for walking with me out here, Theo. I just—it's just too loud back there." I'd walk with you for all my life, Luke. As much as you want.

"You know I love long walks. No need to thank me." He smiled again. One corner of his lip upwards, revealing only one dimple when he bobbed his head and started walking.

"Come on. Let's get back. I'm sure the others are looking for us." I didn't want the moment to end but if it's the only time given to me, at the very least, I made the most of it. I looked at him as much as I could and savoured our little moment together.

We came back exactly at the same time we saw Ashton still holding a bottle of vodka, talking with Kyle out loud while Calum and Mikey just swing about the place. I hurried next to Mikey when he was threatening to fall on his knees and ask their driver to get the car as Luke worried for the other much tamer ones that still can stand. At least.

"You feelin' alright, Mike?" His eyes were droopy that made me laugh as he spoke gibberish. So many words that I never really understood. "Yeah, hold tight. We're gonna go home." The car arrived right in front and with Luke's help, we managed to get them in with a little unavoidable head bumps on the door until there's only us left outside. I got in first, thankful I wasn't as drunk, while Luke who's miraculously sober than me, sat right beside.

We looked at each other when Calum exclaimed pancakes out loud, and laughed like everything was back to the way it was.

As soon as the car stopped at the hotel. Their bodyguards were already there when Luke called beforehand. Guiding the rest of the band while I worried about Kyle, when Luke appeared beside me and drooped his hands around his shoulders. Surprising me. "I got it. Where's his room?" I wanted to tell him somebody else could help us but he looked insistent and I hurried at the elevator to help lessen the hassle of carrying my drunk partner.

I didn't speak at all from being so flabbergasted that even after we reached Kyle's room and set him about at the bed, I just went on to cover him with sheets and let myself out to go to the other door. My room.

With Luke still right behind me.

"Uh, thanks for the drink again. And for helping me out with Kyle." I said, unlocking the door and standing over—unsure really what I was gonna do next.

"That's alright. So, uh, yeah." He stood at the door looking unsure, too, when he looked around and tapped his foot.

"Yeah." How do we end a conversation again? I feel like I completely forgot how to be human.

"See you tomorrow, Theo." Oh.

"S—See you, Luke."

Fireworks.

*・。*゜・。・o゜・。*゜・。・o*゜・。・o*

u guys are the best!!!
i love it!
leave a vote and
comment down below!
xo