Nobody Said It Was Easy

Tyler's P.O.V:

(1 Week Later)

"Tyler, you can go home. You don't have to go to this thing," Josh said as he looked down into my eyes.

"Josh, it's your wedding reception. I'm not going to miss it for anything, alright." I forced the best smile I could. I didn't want to miss it. The wedding had been perfect, simple yet beautiful, so full of love it practically resonated around the room.

"It's just a party, Ty. It's not a big deal. You know he's going to be there," Josh said softly, averting his gaze to the ground. I closed my eyes and bit down on my lip.

"I know," I whispered as I tried to blink back the tears. I needed to be strong. I wouldn't miss my own brother's wedding reception because I couldn't keep my emotions in check. Josh pulled me into a hug, rubbing my back and and telling me it would be alright. I nodded and drew back the tears, pulling away from him. I walked into the reception hall, more people present than I had expected.

"Hey there hot stuff," Alan said as he walked up to me. I smiled at he put his arm around my shoulders, kissing my temple as he led me into the room, weaving us in and out of the masses of people gathered around. We took a seat at a table in the back, sitting in silence as I scanned the room with my eyes, hoping I wouldn't be met with those brown eyes that haunted my dreams.

I found them though; they were searching for mine. Our eyes locked from across the room, and I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I looked away, Alan tightening his hold around me as he noticed my tears. I composed myself as the DJ came over the sound system, congratulating the new Mr. and Mrs. Rhodes, and calling them up for their first dance. Other couples began flocking to the dance floor, and Alan nudged me. "Let's dance, Ty. C'mon." He pulled me up by the hand; I didn't want to dance, but I didn't have the energy to tell him no.

We took our place on the dance floor; I tossed my arms sloppily around his neck, his moving around my waist and resting in the middle of my back. We swayed to the beat, Alan humming along in my ear. The song ended, and another slow one started, this time it was "Everything I Do" by Bryan Adams.

"May I cut in," a familiar voice croaked. Alan tensed and looked down at me, gauging my reaction. I just looked at him, not giving him a definitive answer because I didn't know what I wanted. Alan took that as a yes, apparently, and pulled away from me. Austin took his place immediately; he grabbed my arms and slung them around his neck before he grabbed around my waist, pulling me up against him.

His cologne flooded my senses; I had almost forgot what he smelled like. I nuzzled my face into his chest to hide my pained expression as we danced slowly to the rhythm. He rested his chin on top of my head, one of his hands patting my back along to the beat. I was crying now, silent tears flowing down my rosy cheeks. This song wasn't helping any, either. "I miss you," he whispered. I choked on a sob, and he must've heard it; he tightened his hold around me, if that was even possible. I couldn't formulate any words. I didn't know what to say. I knew what I wanted to say, but I couldn't. "Tyler, I love you so much. What I said to you, I didn't mean any of it. I shouldn't have reacted that way; I don't know what came over me. But I love you so much. I need you. Please."

Somehow my heart ripped apart even more; I didn't know it was possible. I figured it was all in shreds by now, but listening to him express his love for me made fresh wounds. "Austin - I love you too, nothing will change that. But - I'm sorry. I can't. It's too late."

"What do you mean?" He asked, his voice cracking. I sighed.

"I'm leaving tonight. My plane leaves in 3 hours," I replied softly.