One of the Boys

I hope you are enjoying this new story! I love writing it.

By the way, the video in the sidebar is of Juliet Simms singing "Free Bird" on The Voice, and this is how I imagine Tyler's voice to sound!

Enjoy!

Tyler's P.O.V:

Austin and I joined Alan and Josh in the kitchen, dropping each other’s hands just in time to remain unnoticed.

“Where’d Lydia go?” I asked as I maneuvered around Alan to the cabinet, grabbing plates for the 4 of us.

“She had some family dinner to go to tonight,” Josh responded, his mouth already full of pizza.

“Ugh, lovely. Just when I thought there would be another girl around for once I’m stuck with you losers again,” I said, laughing as I stuck my tongue out in Alan’s direction.

“Oh, you know you love this ginger,” he replied, pointing at himself. I shook my head laughing, rolling my eyes as I opened the pizza box and plopped a couple pieces down on my plate. I looked up at Austin standing next to me, and put a few pieces on his plate as well as he smiled down at me.

“Here, Ty,” Josh hollered as he shoved two bottles of Miller Light in my direction. I took them both, handing one to Austin who eyed me questioningly. I smirked at him as I popped the top off of the cold, glass bottle, taking a long swig. We all made our way to the living room to watch TV as we ate. I took a seat on the couch, Alan on one side of me, Austin occupying the other side, my brother stretched out alone on the loveseat. Josh turned on the end of some UFC fight and we all ate in silence, watching the fight take place. I finished my pizza and set the plate on the coffee table. I curled my legs up underneath me and sipped at my beer as I watched the fight. It was really entertaining, watching 2 grown men beat the crap out of each other. I could feel Austin staring at me and I smiled a little, but didn’t look over at him.

The fight ended and I picked up everyone’s plates and empty bottles and took them to the kitchen and began to clean up. If I didn’t do it no one would. I put the leftover pizza in the fridge and grabbed four more beers before walking back into the living room.

“It’s Rock Band time, Tyler!” Alan shouted as I entered the room. I laughed: this was a weekly tradition with Alan, my brother, and I, when Alan was in town at least. I set the beers down on the table as Alan thrust the microphone in my direction. “Your turn to sing, Ty!” he said excitedly. I opened my mouth to object, but Josh cut me off.

“Yeah! I sang last time! It’s your turn, it’s only fair!” he whined as if he was a little kid.  Josh had the guitar, Alan was holding the keyboard-thing, and Austin was seated behind the drums. I looked at him and he smiled at me as he hit the drum sticks together; he actually looked excited to play this stupid game.

“Okay, fine, but I get to pick the first song,” I yelled as I resumed my position between Alan and Austin. I grabbed the controller from Alan and scrolled through the song menu until I found the one I wanted, the song Josh and Alan hated to play more than anything.

“Oh, come on, Tyler, don’t be a bitch,” Alan moaned, annoyed. I smirked at him and pressed play.

“No, you’re making me sing so I’m making you play Free Bird,” I said, satisfaction in my voice.

The song began with Josh playing the guitar. The lyrics began to scroll across the top of the screen and I started to sing:

If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me?
Cuz I must be traveling on now, there’s too many places I’ve gotta see.
If I stay here with you, girl, things just couldn’t be the same.
Cuz I’m as free as a bird now, and this bird you cannot change
And this bird you cannot change

Oh bye, bye baby it’s been a sweet love
Though this feeling I can’t change
Please don’t take it so badly cuz Lord knows I’m to blame
If I stay here with you, girl, things just couldn’t be the same
Cuz I’m as free as a bird now, and this bird you cannot change

And this bird you cannot change

 Lord knows I can’t change

I belted out the song as if my life depended on it, hitting all of the notes, all the vocal influxes. I danced along as the vocals came to a close and the instrumental picked up, the instrumental that seemed to never end. I sang the last note with vigor, giving it everything I had. The song came to an end and all eyes were on me. I grabbed my beer and took a big drink as I raised an eyebrow at everyone.

 “Showoff!” Alan hollered, sending Josh into a fit of laughter. I glanced over and Austin was staring at me, his mouth open a little as if he was shocked.

 “Holy shit….you’re incredible,” Austin said and I blushed a little. Alan placed his hand on my head and ruffled up my hair.

“Yeah this little one has quite the set of pipes, even though she hates to admit it.” I stuck my tongue out at him and he returned the gesture.

We played for another hour or so. I was having a lot of fun, which probably had to do with the fact that I was a little buzzed. I had moved on to a fourth beer, much to the objections of my brother, while everyone else cut themselves off after two. After we kicked ass at some Rob Zombie song we decided to call it a night.

“Alright I’m gonna take these two losers home and then I’m going to Lydia’s for the night. You gonna be okay here by yourself, boozy?” Josh mocked me; he always called me boozy after I had been drinking, even if I wasn’t drunk. I rolled my eyes as I stood up.

 “Yes, Joshua, I’m an adult. I can take care of myself,” I smirked as I put my hands on my hips. He laughed and shook his head at me. I waved at him as he walked out into the night. Alan pulled me into a tight hug. “Get off me. You reek of ginger,” I said playfully as I pushed him away from me. He put his hand over his chest, acting hurt, and I leaned up and kissed his cheek. He smiled and messed with my hair once more before following Josh out the door. I followed closely behind Austin as he walked towards the door. He turned and pulled me into an unexpected hug. His tall frame towered over me, his arms wrapping around my shoulders and mine snaked around his waist. I never wanted to let go: he smelled so good, and I felt like I belonged here, in his arms. That sounds weird……who am I kidding I’m practically drunk. He pulled away from me after a while and looked down at me.

“See ya around, Tyler,” he said smiling at me. I smiled back, feeling my cheeks blush.

“Yeah, see ya,” was all I managed to choke out. He smiled once more before racing off to Josh’s car. He jumped in and they all waved as they sped off into the distance. I shut the front door and slid down it, sitting on the soft carpet. I put my head in my hands. What in the hell was going on? Earlier today I almost broke up with my boyfriend, then we made up and had sex, and now I’m practically drooling all over Austin…..and he seemed to be flirting back, although that may just be my imagination.

What in the world was I going to do with myself?