One Man Drinking Games

So I absolutely loved writing this chapter! I tried to make it as funny as possible to kinda lighten the mood a little. The title is the name of an amazing song by Mayday Parade which you can listen to right over ---------->

Enjoy :)

Tyler's P.O.V:

As the sun set, I laid on my bed, staring out the window, lost in my thoughts. At this point I had downed about half of the bottle of Vodka, on an empty stomach none the less. I think the term ‘drunk’ was an understatement. I was listening to a random mix of shitty pop music, attempting to sing along but failing miserably. When I was drunk I always listened to pop music; I have no idea why, it just seemed to happen. I always seemed to want to dance; I wasn't coordinated sober let alone completely wasted.

Kody had called a few times and I ignored all of them. I felt my phone vibrate and I picked it up, trying to focus my blurry vision on the small words on the screen. It was Kody.

Kody: Tyler, I’m so sorry. Will you please at least talk to me?

I was going to ignore him but I decided to text back.

Me: No. Why don’t you go fuck yourself!

I hit send and tossed my phone across the room so I wouldn’t have to hear it anymore. I grabbed the bottle of liquor off of my nightstand and tossed some more back; I had had so much it didn’t even burn anymore, which wasn’t a good sign. Some Lady Gaga song came on and for some reason I got really excited. I cranked the music up as loud as I could get it and stood on my bed, the bottle still in my hand, and sang along to the song, dancing and swaying on my bed, having a hard time keeping my balance. The song ended and I took another drink from the bottle, the liquid quickly disappearing from the glass bottle.

The next song that came on was "Oops, I Did it Again", which happened to be my favorite Britney Spears song of all time. I was no longer dancing, more just moving my body around strangely. I leaned over and set the bottle on the nightstand as the song came to an end. I heard the front door open and the sound of people talking loudly fill the house. I tried to get off of the bed and failed miserably, crashing hard to the ground. It actually hurt really bad, but I erupted into a fit of laughter as I rolled around on the ground. I must’ve made a really loud noise because my door flew open and Alan came walking into my room.

“My ginger is home!!!” I yelled obnoxiously, still laughing on the ground. Alan walked over to the side of my bed and looked at me questioningly.

“Why are you on the ground, Tyler?” he giggled a little.

“Why are you not on the ground, Alan Anthony Ashby?” I retorted, laughing at myself. “I tried to get off the bed and I just fell! I just tumbled right on down to this here spot right here!” I was rambling now; way to play it cool, Tyler! Alan bent over and grabbed my hands pulling me up from the ground. “Woah. This room is really dizzy!” I said as I tried to steady myself. I was still laughing for no reason; I couldn’t seem to make the giggles stop.

“Are you drunk?” Alan questioned, eyeing me with his eyebrows raised.

“What? Me? No! I am not drunk at all. You’re just blurry,” I choked out through a hiccup and I reached out and poked Alan's face. He gave me a disapproving glance, not taking his hands off of my shoulders. His eyes roamed around the room and landed on the bottle of vodka on my nightstand. He let go of me and took a few steps towards it, grabbing it and eyeing the small amount of liquid left.

“How much of this did you drink, Tyler?” His voice was loud and angry now, worry apparent in his tone.

“Pffffttt- I don’t know. I had some earlier, and then I had some a little while after that, and then I had some a few minutes ago. I haven’t had that much,” I rolled my eyes and tried to walk away, losing my balance and falling back to the ground. “Owwwww….why is this floor so hard? I mean, it has carpet…..it should be soft. But no, it isn’t. It is a very mean floor that likes to hurt Tyler,” I mumbled to myself; I was talking nonsense now, which meant I was way past drunk. Alan walked past me, the bottle still in his hand until he was standing in my doorway.