Angel From The 4th Floor

Start from the beginning

Your POV

"*Sigh* Guess movie night really flew off the window." You say as you lean on your door. Your best friend, (Y/b/n), cut himself/herself as you two were making some food for movie night to celebrate your test week is over. You know you could've just ordered some pizza, but your bestie insisted. You thought he/she just wanted to show off some cooking skills he/she got. Guess that wasn't the brightest idea ever. Luckily, even though the cut was superficial, it didn't need any stitches, so thanks to some first-aid training you'd gotten from some of your relatives, you managed to take care of it. Still, he/she had to leave because of some family issues. You let out another sigh. Just then, you hear some tapping on your window as you go to the kitchen. You turn to it and frown as you see one of your sticky notes there. You walk up to it and read what's there.

-I'd like to thank you personally for 3 months ago. Meet me on the roof?

Your eyes widen. Could it be? Instead of thinking a lot about it, you just put a jacket over yourself before climbing up the fire escape. When you get to the roof, your eyes widen as you see that same mutant turtle with a blue mask from three months ago with his arms crossed. He seemed quite fidgety as his finger kept tapping his arm. Then, you freeze as his eyes meet yours and widen as they did so. But instead of saying something, you two stay there staring at each other's eyes. "... A-Are you the person who dropped that first-aid kit box here three months ago?" He suddenly askes. You can feel your cheeks burning. Dang it, not only his eyes are beautiful, but his voice is hot too! "Um..." You trail off as you properly get on the roof. "Well, I have the feeling that if you didn't already know the answer, you wouldn't get inside my house just to get a sticky note on my window." You mentally slapped yourself. (Smooth, Y/n. Really smooth.) "I'm sorry if that sounded offensive." You say as your eyes lock on your feet for a brief moment, since when the mutant spoke again, you turned your eyes back to him. "It's okay. Actually, I'm sorry about that. I just couldn't think of another way to get your attention." He said as he scratched the back of his neck. Your eyes trail off slightly to his well defined arm. Goddammit! Get a grip already! "*Ahem* Well, I have to say, it was pretty creative. Also, I'm glad to see you're okay. The other three were freaking out back then."

"Yeah, I can imagine. But if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here. And, um... *Sigh* Look, I really don't know how I should put it other way than this, but..." Just then, he bowed to you, which made your eyes widen. "Thank you. I owe you my life. If there's any way I can show my gratitude, please tell me." You blink in surprise but he gets up normally. Then, you bite your lip as you look to down. (I must be crazy.) "Then..." You start, getting his attention. "W-Would you like to... Hang out with me?" You say as you scratch your cheek bashfully. You quickly turn your eyes to him only to see his eyes wide. You wave your hands in front of you. "D-Don't get me wrong. It's just that... *Sigh* I was making some food with my friend, but he/she had to leave. So... I-I thought that... I-I don't know. That could be a way for you to say thanks. Also, I'd like to know more about you. Though, you don't have to accept if you don't want to, or if you're busy." You stare at him as he crosses one of his arms and holds his chin as he got into deep thought. After a while, he turned to you. "Won't I bother you?" You shake your head. With that, he opens a sincere smile that made you blush again. "Then, I'd be honored to accept your invitation." You open a big smile and turn back to the fire escape. "Come on in, then. I'm pretty sure it's almost done anyways. By the way..." You trail off as you turn to him before holding out your hand. "I'm Y/n." He smiles as shakes your hand. "I'm Leonardo. But you can call me Leo." You smile. "That's a nice name. I don't hear it that often." He chuckles. "Well, I'm pretty sure you've never seen a mutant turtle before either." You raise an eyebrow. "I did see you and those other mutants three months ago, didn't I?"

"Touché." You chuckle as you step into your apartment with Leo behind you. After that, you ate together, watched a movie, and he told you more about him and the other turtles, and you ended up finding out that they are his brothers. You were fascinated by his origins. But, since time doesn't wait for anyone, soon enough he had to leave. "I gotta go. But I had a lot of fun tonight, Y/n." You smile at him. "Me too, Leo. I hope we can hang out more. As friends now." His eyes widened for a split second before he opened a smile. "Oh, here. Before I forget." You say as you give him a sticky note with your phone number. He beamed at you for that. "Thank you, Y/n." You nod. "You are more than welcome, Leo."

"Hope you don't mind me texting you later."

"*Chuckle* If you don't mind me sleeping instead of replying." You two laugh at your comment and he leaves, already disappearing in a second. After that, you got ready to sleep. But as you were about to fall asleep...

*Bling*

You pick your cell phone. There are new messages. You open them and your lips instantly form a smile.

-Hey, it's Leo here.
-Thanks for the night, Y/n. Best one I've ever had.
-Hope you don't mind me showing up again tomorrow.

You smile and quickly write your reply.

-Thank you for the company. Best one I've had in years.
-Don't worry, you can come in whenever you like.
-I'll shout out if other people are around.

-Deal. See ya tomorrow then? <3

Your eyes widen and your cheeks burn as you even sit up while reading that message over and over again. Did he really just send that?!

Leo's POV

I hit my face on my pillow. "What the shell is wrong with me?!! I just met her, we barely started out as friends and I've sent her a heart?! Oh, great. She's gonna hate me now. How am I supposed to see her after--"

*Bling*

"... That...?" I lean on my elbows, open my phone and read her reply.

-Of course. Can't wait for it <3

My cheeks burn so much with that it actually hurts. But I can't help but smile. I'm still unsure of how it happened, but now I have an angel as my friend. I couldn't be any happier.