Josh grabbed his laptop off of the table and plugged the camera in, immediately taking on the task of burning the videos to discs so I could send them in. "How many copies should I make?" He questioned. There were three performing arts schools in Southern California that I had my eye on; I hadn't really looked anywhere else out of habit.

"Uhh make like 5 I guess," I responded, adding a couple extra on just in case. He nodded his head and began burning the tapes. I walked to my room and grabbed the 3 envelopes that contained my applications; they needed to be mailed out today. With this being a last minute decision I was quickly approaching the fall application deadline.

"So....I asked Lydia to marry me," Josh blurted out randomly. My head snapped up, my eyes widening as the realization of what he just said sat in.

"What? When?" I questioned, my voice high and squeaky with surprise.

"Like, 3 weeks ago." He cringed and I shot him a death glare. "I'm sorry! I forgot to tell you! I guess it just slipped my mind!"

"It slipped your mind to tell your own sister that you are getting married?!" He smiled apologetically at me. "Josh that's great. Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!" I stood up from my spot on the loveseat and walked over to the couch, bending down and giving him an awkward hug as I tried not to crush the computer seated on his lap.

"We're getting married in 2 weeks," he blurted out again, and I pulled away, looking him the eye.

"Say what now?" He laughed.

"We're getting married in 2 weeks Ty. We don't want anything fancy or over the top. We're going down to the courthouse and getting married in front of a judge. It was actually her idea. So, we're just doing the courthouse thing, signing the marriage liscence, but we'll have a big reception afterwards so everyone can come celebrate with us."

I smiled widely at him. It was nice to see him so happy. "I better be invited," I said and he laughed again.

"Of course you're invited. I wouldn't get married without you there little sis."

"Well good. I really am happy for you, Josh." We sat in mostly silence for the next hour, occasionally talking about random things. Josh continued finishing up my audition videos, getting the final discs burned and ready to send in. I grabbed my laptop and began searching the web for top performing arts schools, more out of curiosity than anything.

The first one up: Juliard. Yeah, right. I'm not quite up to par with Juliard's standards. Besides, opera isn't really my scene.

After scrolling through a few more, clicking on their websites and reading about them, a certain school caught my eye: The Manhattan School of Music in New York City. Their curriculum was extensive, their course list and study programs more diverse than most schools I had come across. They were quite known for their classical music program, but I noticed that unlike many of the music schools that wasn't the only area of study available. Reading into it I found that they pride themselves on accepting students with musical abilities of any kind, not only sticking to those with classical voices, but extremely open to those with more contemporary ones, like mine.

"Helloooooo, Tyler!" I snapped out of my daze and looked up to see Josh staring at me. "Jeez, I've been talking to you for like 5 minutes."

"Oh, sorry I was thinking."

"Here are your tapes. They are all ready to go, I even labled them for ya," Josh said, handing me the stack of cases that held the DVD's. "I've gotta go meet my fiance for dinner," he said in a silly voice.

I smiled at him. "Yeah, Austin should be here anytime to get me for dinner as well. Thanks again for this." He leaned down and kissed the top of my head before saying goodbye and walking out of the apartment. I got up and changed my clothes, the whole time unable to think about anything else besides that school. There was something about it that made me feel like I would fit in there, like I belonged there. 

I plugged my laptop into my printer and printed out an application, hurridly going through it, filling it out per their request. It was a long shot; the school was very prestigious, very well known and admired in the performing arts community. I honestly didn't think I would get in; applying to MSM was more for fun, a way to give me piece of mind about it. I shoved it in a envelope, sticking a disc in with the papers, and sealing it closed.

My phone buzzed with a text from Austin saying he was outside. I grabbed all 4 of my applications and hurried out the door, surprisingly remembering to lock it behind me. I ran down the steps and waved to Austin before walking to the mailbox, dropping the envelopes inside with a hopeful smile. I walked to Austin's car and slid inside, leaning over to kiss him.

"Did you just mail off your applications?" He asked with a smile as he pulled his lips away from mine. I nodded and he leaned in and kissed me once more. "I'm so proud of you baby, for deciding to do this. You'll get in, I know it. You are so talented and amazing and beautiful. There's no doubt in my mind that your audition will blow them away." I kissed him once more before he began to drive off towards the restaurant.

I decided not to tell Austin about applying to MSM. There wasn't really anything to tell. That school was a reach school, more of a pipe dream than anything. There was little chance that I would make it in, especially considering how close I am to the deadline. I'm sure they've already found their batch of students for the new semester, people who are much more talented than I, people who didn't only decide to do this 2 weeks ago.

I just hoped that I would get into one of them, any of them. I don't know what I would do if I don't.

--------------------------

Both songs mentioned in here belong to Automatic Loveletter.....check them out if you haven't already!

Sorry it's kinda short......I wanted this chapter to stand alone before I move on.

But fear not! I'm writing another chapter ASAP! Like right now......it should be up in a few hours hopefully!

Let me know what you think.

Any ideas on what might happen next my friends?? :D

Loves all of you! <3