The sound of my phone ringing interrupted Rihanna's voice and I frowned when I saw that it was Dinah. "Hey Hansen, what's up?"

"Hey babe, I was just calling to see if we are still on for dinner tonight?"

"I'm kind of swamped here, you mind if we do it another night?"

"Oh yeah sure, do you want me to come over? I can bring dinner?"

"No babe don't worry about me, see you tomorrow at work," I answered.

I stayed until it was dark out before texting Jackson to come and pick me up from the café. I checked my emails on the way back to my apartment and groaned when I saw that the designer we were supposed to be featuring in the digital issue had dropped out.

"Fuck... I hate this job sometimes."

"Anything I can help with Miss Normani?"

I shook my head, "no, but thank you Jax. I just have to improvise. I think I'm going to stay late tomorrow, so I'll just take a cab home from work."

"I can stay later and pick you up?"

"No it's alright Jax, don't worry about me."

He shook his head, "you have to let me do my job at some point."

"I know, and I will, but not tomorrow..."

"Alright, we are here," he said as he got out of the car. "If you do decide to go anywhere, please give me a call."

"I will, thank you Jax."

"You're welcome Miss Normani. Have a goodnight."

"You too Jax."

Blair| 19:47:
Hey, wanna go to JJ's party? It's not one of those get dressed up things.

Normani| 19:49:
I'm in 🤷🏽‍♀️

Blair| 18:49:
Cool, be ready by 9.

A part of me felt guilty about cancelling on Dinah and telling her that I was going to work all night, but I also wanted to forget my conversation with Connie and forget that I was digital editor for a while.

I picked out a pair of black ripped jeans, a black crop top and a navy green bomber jacket and went into the bathroom to take a shower. Steam quickly filled the room and I sat on the edge of the bathtub as I took my clothes off and put them into the laundry basket.

I flinched when the lukewarm water hit my body and opened the hot water faucet a little more. I could feel my mind fading into dullness, almost as though the water wasn't just washing the day away, but every part of me. I stood there for what felt like only a few minutes before the sound of my phone ringing ripped me out of my blissfully unaware state. It was Blair, and I had spent longer than just a few minutes in the shower. I texted him back and went to my room to finish getting ready.

Half an hour later, I opened the door to let my friends into my apartment. "Girl I called and you texted back, the fuck is that?"

"I wasn't in a position to text. Hold on, I just need to find shoes then we can go. Can you text Jax and tell him the address."

"Where's your phone?"

"Kitchen counter!"

When I came back out, the three of them were huddled over my phone. "Are your guys reading my messages?"