Conversation part 2

Recap:
Yamaguchi went through possibilities in his head, each one making him more nervous then the last.

He started walking a bit faster, Tsukishima matching pace easily.

Yamaguchi let out a breath of relief as they got to the nurse's office- greeted with Tanaka who insulted Tsukishima right off the bat.
End Recap

After the whole mix up with Tanaka and the nurse's office, and Tsukishima with his eye bleach, they headed back to the gym.

They were relatively quiet after Ennoshita waved them off to go back to Tanaka.

Yamaguchi didn't like the silence that was getting more and more uncomfortable, but he assumed Tsukishima was mad at him for something.

"Why are you so quiet? Just a second ago you were talking to Tanaka just fine" Tsukishima said, rubbing his eyes which had just seen some.... things.

"I- I don't know" Yamaguchi said quietly, setting off an alarm in Tsukishima's head.

Tsukishima's thoughts:
He's been more quiet lately after we talked last night and this morning, did something happen? Why is he so nervous around me?

"Are you.... okay?" Tsukishima questioned a bit warily, as he usually wasn't the one to ask if someone was okay.

He usually didn't care about anyone's well being other then his own, but Yamaguchi had always been a special case.

Around him he always felt more aware of the people with them, and when they were alone he could see through everything Yamaguchi said.

It was like he was slowly getting more hyper focussed on Yamaguchi, and the more focused he got on something the more he wanted to protect it and make sure he could stay focused on it.

The other night he had thought about Yamaguchi running away or leaving his house for a while. He hadn't realized how much it had truly hurt him- even just to think about it.

He sighed, "you don't have to answer that if you don't want to"

Yamaguchi stopped walking, and Tsukishima stopped a bit afterwards, turning to face him.

"Tsuki...."

Tsukishima's eyes widened as he realized that Yamaguchi was tearing up as his face was to the floor. He walked towards him wand put his hand on his back awkwardly.

He didn't really comfort people.

"Are you hurt? Did you trip earlier?" Tsukishima said, a bit frantically.

"No... haha...." Yamaguchi said as he sniffles and stood up straighter, locking eye contact with Tsukishima and smiling through a tear stained face.

"I'm just... surprised"

Yamaguchi had never expected Tsukishima to ever ask someone if they were okay, so it came as a real shocker to him when he did, and it caught him off guard big time.

When he had first met Tsukishima he didn't talk hardly at all to him, and he didn't really want Yamaguchi to be around him in the first place, making it difficult to interact with him, let alone understand him on an emotional level.

He had assumed that Tsukishima would just never get the chance to really y'all to someone about how they were feeling, so he never expected it.

"Surprised?" Tsukishima asked, through a small blush that had crept up on his cheeks when he had seen him smile.

"Answer my question" Tsukishima said again, a bit sternly.

Yamaguchi wipes his face off with his sleeve.

"My mind has been really scattered recently"

"Elaborate" Tsukishima said, as he started walking down the hallway, Yamaguchi following.

"Well, I've just been thinking of a lot possibilities for our relationship- ahhh like friendship relationship!!" Yamaguchi said quickly, putting his hands in front of his face and shaking them to cover up his blush.

"Relationship?" Tsukishima smirked, and mocked.

"F-friendship." Yamaguchi said a bit quietly, saddening at the word- a barrier between them.

It was silent for a bit, before it was broken.

"Name a "possibility" for our "relationship"" Tsukishima said, air quoting the necessary words.

"Uhh I- well" Yamaguchi sighed, "I've been thinking about reasons you would have for not telling me what's on your mind lately. And if I'm just not trustworthy, or if I'm just not really enough for you to talk to- or if we are even friends in the first place, or if you were just listening to me all these years and I was just not seeing that you wanted to talk to- and I'm really sorry if I did something- I just" Yamaguchi was tearing up again now, and Tsukishima had stopped and bent his chin up so that they were looking at each other in the eyes.

"What gave you the impression that any of that was true?" Tsukishima asked, looking genuinely concerned (a rare occurrence).

"I- you didn't tell me what you were thinking about last night and, now that I here that it sound stupid but-" Yamaguchi said, tears still falling from his face.

Tsukishima let go of Yamaguchi's chin gingerly and put his hand to his face, covering it.

"The reason I didn't tell you what I was thinking about was because I was confused myself." Tsukishima said, still covering his face.

"Is that what this is really about? Yamaguchi. That's stupid." Tsukishima said, taking his hand from his face.

"I-I know"

"That's not it. What else is wrong?" Tsukishima said, leaning to stare right into Yamaguchi's face.

Yamaguchi blushed and turned away, "I've been thinking about you... my feelings for you specifically" Yamaguchi said quietly, knowing that if he tried to lie Tsukishima would of seen through it quickly.

"Your- feelings for me?" Tsukishima asked, his face looking confused but his eyes quickly going wide as he realized what Yamaguchi meant judging by the blush on his face.

He put his hand to his mouth, his cheeks completely red and his eyes wide through his glasses.

"Please don't hate me Tsuki.." Yamaguchi said, looking up at Tsukishima's expression, with the most pitiful look on his face.

"Why would I hate you moron." Tsukishima said, looking the other way to not meet Yamaguchi's gaze.

"I mean cause isn't that weird? Or disgusting?" Yamaguchi said, his thoughts becoming audible.

Tsukishima hated seeing Yamaguchi talking about himself that way, and he wouldn't shut up. Unless Tsukishima did something, he wasn't going to be quiet.

He pulled Yamaguchi into a tight embrace, Yamaguchi's eyes widening as he stayed there frozen in place.

Yamaguchi hugged back shakily at first, but started sobbing into Tsukishima's shoulder a bit later.

A few minutes passed and they realized that they had to get back to practice, both of them walking back with a small smile on their faces.

I'm probably going to be doing some smaller chapters this week I sorry. School just started back up again so I gotta get on that roach.

T-T

Lol it's either longer chapters or daily short chapters tho if y'all wanna decide on that.