the poem.🍓(jamesxalex)

Start from the beginning

all in all, no one ever got into their tight, little circle. and none of them could have it any other way. regardless of how badly people wanted in, not a lot tried. some hoped they would be picked. tried to make themselves interesting enough for one of the four to notice them. which only made them find them incredibly boring. fraser thought basic people were often better than those who faked being interesting. george didn't care. will was too in his own head to notice, and james was tired.

and yet, there was emily morgan, trying her absolute hardest to sound nonchalant. george hadn't said anything, simply side eyeing her the entire time with his nose pointed upward. fraser bounced his head up and down, trying to follow her "laid back" words. and james was staring blankly at the rings on her fingers.

"but she's a slag, shaggin' boys in a maccies toilet-"

"you sound like..." fraser's eyes wandered up. "like a pick me girl."

emily's face fell, her pencil slipping past her fingers and landing softly on her worksheet. "what?"

"you're rude." fraser answered, earning a smile from george. his eyes fell as he met the blonde's, the girl in front of them still in shock.

"this class is a bloody drag." james whispered to will.

"your mum is a b-"

"piss off." james smirked shoving will.

"speakin' of piss, i'm goin' to the toilet." george said, pushing himself up.

james' eyes brighten. "that actually doesn't sound so bad." he quickly called his teacher's name.

"yes, james?"

"may i go to the bathroom?"

" 'ey," george snapped as he stopped behind james. "i was goin' to ask first."

"ah, but you didn't, did you?" james smirked.

george slapped james' head, the other male just laughing at the soft aggression. the english teacher inhaling profoundly. she slowly turned to look at the duo slapping each other's heads, james pulling gerorge into a headlock as will poked george with his pen.

"a'right, enough!" mrs. rogers snapped. "keep your hands to yourselves please, an' james you have five minutes. or else m'sendin' the dean for you." she mumbled the last part.

"thank you, miss." james pushed george into will, getting up to leave.

just before he slipped out the classroom, he flipped george off. sticking his tongue out past his lips. george rolled his eyes, crossing his arms as he slid down further into his chair.

james had a pep in his step, always. even if he didn't know the way, his walk always radiated confidence. and his confidence and energy seemed to boost as soon as he stepped out into the empty hallways. his steps were quick, the sooner he arrived, the more time he could spend doing nothing on his phone. and his mood seemed to brighten even more upon entering the disgusting restroom. but instead of jumping on the sinks to get comfy, james froze. the small sniffles filling the air. there was a pause before another sob was thrown out into the air.

james walked slowly toward the last stall, the big black door shut and locked. " 'ello?" james called gently. "everythin' a'right, mate?"

the crying ceased for a minute, soft breathing replacing the cries. james waited for a response, breath held and hands gripping his phone tightly. james let a couple more seconds pass before trying again, "we don't 'ave to discuss it. jus' need to know if you're okay."