Chapter 30

Ash's POV

"Eevee, try out your Shadow Ball and aim it on the tree over there." I commanded my Shiny Eevee, which is still young but it could battle well.

Eevee cried out and fired off a flawless Shadow Ball on a tree I pointed out, I can say she'll be a great battler or performer someday.

"Nice job Eevee, your moveset is so cool. Shadow Ball, Swift, Take Down, Dig, that is so cool, you should be proud it Eevee." I praised the evolution pokemon, she cooed in delight and went to my shoulder.

We're now occupying the small battlefield right next beside the hotel, it isn't that really much of people passing by so I guess it's safe to let her out for a while.

"Breakfast is ready Ash." Said by Koharu holding up a tray containing foods and pokemon foods in it, she's also followed by Leaf with her own tray of pokemon foods and foods too.

"Thank you, you two." I said and thanked both of them.

"You should've said that you're going on early in the morning though." Leaf playfully retorted, Ash can't help it but smile nervously, Eevee hopped off my shoulder and proceeded to the pokemon food.

We also took a seat and had our breakfast.

"I still can't believe you own a Shiny Eevee though." Koharu said as she admired the sight of the rare shiny pokemon.

"Yeah, I don't know how, it came from an Eevee egg, but she hatched to be like that." I replied to her.

It was a one fine rest day during the tournament, I had checked before who I am going to battle and turns out it's Alain, I still don't know his other pokemons beside Charizard though, and I will not research for it, that'll ruin the fun.

"So Ash, who will you use next?" Leaf asked while eating.

"I think I'm gonna use Greninja for his debut, since it has been a while since we battled together, also Lucario, they're itching for some battles." I replied to her as I thought about those two, clearly they haven't had their battles since Lance. I'm pretty sure they'll be excited.

"Yeah, I also want to see them back on track again!" Leaf cheered excitedly, clearly she's the only who who knew about Greninja and Lucario, so obviously, Koharu has no idea what is going on right now.

"I'm going to assume you'll do that thing again?" Koharu interjected.

"I don't know? Maybe not or maybe so?" I responded to her and grinned.

Just by that, we heard someone walking towards us, Eevee's ears perked up and hid behind Koharu. Luckily, she wasn't found out.

"Hey Ash, Leaf and Koharu." That voice came from no other than Gary. He walked casually towards the trio, hands on pocket.

"Hi Gary." Greeted Leaf.

"Sorry to interrupt your breakfast, it's just I saw you guys eating from there and can't help but check you guys out." Gary explained.

"Don't be, we just finished eating anyways." I replied, it's true though, well, except Koharu.

"And that was one scary Charizard back there." Gary stated as he remembered his battle yesterday. Ash can't help it but laugh it out.

"Say Ash, I would want to have a mock battle with your right now, if you don't mind?" Gary asked.

"I don't mind, in fact, your arrival is perfect, because someone here is training, and I do hope you'll be the one taking her on." I replied to him, Eevee's really not having a proper training yet, so he could be a big help.

"She? I don't see a pokemon here though." Gary frowned as he looked around and no sign of pokemon.

"That's because she's right underneath here." I pointed out Koharu, Gary proceeded to check it out, and after he saw the unique Eevee, his eyed widened in surprise.

"Th-That's..." Gary was unable to get the word, Leaf and Koharu was amused at that.

"Keep it down Gary." Ash said.

Gary tensed up for a while before calming down, he gave a smirk at me.

"I should've expected it from you Ash, you got me." Gary said while smirking, Eevee popped out from Koharu's back and went on my shoulder.

"That's a fine young Eevee there, very well, if training is what you need, then I'll be glad to help."

...

Gary sent out his Blastoise and it gave a roar, Eevee is now on the battlefield, all fours.

"This is a one on one mock battle between Ash and Gary, battle begin!" Leaf refereed and gave the cue to start the battle.

"Blastoise, start things off with Rapid Spin!" Gary commanded.

"Jump up and use Take Down on his shell!"

With that being said, Blastoise spun rapidly and charged towards Eevee, but she managed to dodge that one and landed a big hit on Blastoise's shell, stopping it's tracks. Gary was in utter shock at that power. Eevee had that recoil coming and she slightly winced.

"That Eevee is powerful and can quite pack a punch." Gary murmured, Blastoise got up and stanced himself.

"Eevee, use your Shadow Ball!"

"Power up Blastoise, aim a Hydro Pump!"

Eevee first danced briefly and gracefully before firing off a Shadow Ball, Blastoise had that one coming and aimed his cannon, before firing off a stream of water towards it, the Hydro Pump managed to overwhelm the Shadow Ball and Eevee cried in pain as she was hit by the water type move.

"Eevee!" I called out worriedly, she manages to stand up, I sighed in relief.

"Let's end this, Blastoise, use Scald!"

"Deflect with Swift!"

Blastoise let out a stream of hot liquid from it's cannons and fired them towards Eevee, Eevee then manage to deflect the Scald with her own Swift.

"Now! Take Down!" I yelled in victory, and with that, Eevee took the momentum to gain speed and charged towards the surprised Blastoise, she managed to hit him square on the face, knocking it out cold.

"Blastose is unable to battle! Ash wins this match!" Leaf announced.

Eevee happily cried and tackled me, a way of greeting me, Gary just sighed but was contented, and returned back his Kanto starter, and walked towards us.

"That was a good battle Ash, that Eevee sure is strong." Gary commended the small Eevee, it gave a cry as a response.

"Thanks Gary, you're a big help." I replied to him and offered a handshake.

"You too, gramps would be surprised if he sees that Eevee himself, I doubt he had ever seen her before." Gary explained and took the handshake offer.

"We'll battle again someday after the league." I said and broke the handshake.

"You bet." He replied and smirked, before bidding his goodbye and walked off.

"Eevee's getting pretty good." Said Leaf.

"Yeah, she'll be great in the future." I said while petting her head, she reminds me of Leaf, in some way.

"What will we do now?" Koharu asked.

"Good question, let's go sightseeing, I bet you missed this place, Leaf anf Koharu." I replied to them.

They beamed up at the word sightseeing and got themselves ready back at the hotel, Ash sweatdropped at that and quickly followed them.

Tomorrow is gonna be another one long day.

To be continued...

Yeah! I'm on fire! I'm on a streak!

Or is it?

But right now, let me rest for a while. :>