Chapter 4

The poll is still going on, I think?

Ash's POV

"Finally! A gym battle!" I yelled out on top of my lungs as we went out from the pokemon center.

Yesterday, Leaf decided to come with me and spend the night in the pokemon center, we did talk about some things and stuff before taking our rest.

Today is the day, I'll be challenging Brock of the Pewter City gym, I wonder how things will turn out.

"You seems so worked out." Leaf chuckled.

"Of course, I'll be using Charmeleon and Corvisquire for this battle." I said with excitement.

Both of us headed towards the Pewter City gym. At our arrival, I expected the door will open by itself, but no, something unexpected happened.

"ARE YOU HERE FOR A GYM MATCH, CHALLENGER?" A somewhat robotic voice echoed through a speaker.

Did Brock upgrade his gym?

"Yes, I'd like to battle Brock." I replied even though I don't know where the mic is, I hope it's still audible to them. Leaf is just silent.

"HOW MANY BADGES DO YOU HAVE?" the robotic voice said. This gym is obviously the first one trainers will go and battle for badge.

"One." I replied shortly.

"VERY WELL, PLEASE PROCEED." The robotic voice concluded, and the door opened by itself. We went in and looked around.

"The place is huge, compared to the game or anime." I muttered, enough for Leaf not to hear. Leaf proceeded to the audience booth, that way, she can watch the battle.

"Who goes there?!" A manly voice boomed throughout the place. I thought the speaker from outside is enough for him to he notified?

"I'm Ash and I'm here to challenge the gym for it's gym badge!" I replied to him.

"Very well then, referee, if you please." Brock said as he looked at the referee on the side of the battlefield.

"Right, this will be a three on three battle between the challenger Ash and the gym leader Brock, trainers, reveal your pokemon!" The referee announced.

I was now in utter shock and surprise. Three?! I thought it's only two! Geoude and Onix! No way!

"Drilbur, time to battle!" Brock yelled as he sent out his...wait, Drilbur?

Drilbur came out from it's pokeball and gave out it's cry.

I'm done. I'm not completely ready for this, but let's gotta act like Ash, be optimistic.

"I thought it's gotta be Geodude." I said.

"Oh you knew? That was months ago, I decided to go for a change. How did you know though?" Brock asked.

"J-Just a hunch, Charmeleon, I choose you!" I called out and Charmeleon went out from the capsule, I sounded kinda like Ash now.

"How brave for you to send out a pokemon with type disadvantage in this gym, that's a first." Brock said while chuckling.

"Pokemon types doesn't really matter to me." I replied back and smirked.

"Good response, let's get started. Drilbur, Metal Claw!" Brock commanded.

"Counter with your own Metal Claw!" I responded.

With that, the two clashed with their Metal Claws, it was somewhat a fair match, but I should think on how I'm gonna deal with that ground type pokemon.