Chapter 4 Part 2: Monokuma Returns

Your POV:

I stared at Monokuma with a shocked look on my face. I didn't see him acting like himself for days, and now here he was, acting like nothing happened. He seemed pretty cheerful, despite seeing people crowding a specific area.
"Monokuma... what are you doing here?" I asked, "I thought that the Monokubs were in control now."
"Sadly, no!" Monokuma exclaimed in response, "I had a very nice tropical vacation. The baldy you saw was only a replacement I hired until I got back."
    Suddenly, the bald Monokuma popped up, causing me to have a deadpanned look on my face. This was too confusing, even for me. I had no idea what was even going on anymore.
    Monokuma threw some money at the bald version of him, but that Monokuma didn't even flinch. He didn't even move or say anything like what he was doing for the past amount of days.
    "This should cover you watching over the school while I was gone," Monokuma said, "now shoo!"
    With that said by Monokuma, the bald one left before I could even process what just happened. This was just some game to that damn bear. He wanted to mess with us, and he succeeded in messing with me at least.
"My children got a little bit of a beating for not handling this situation correctly," Monokuma explained, "and there is something weird going on here. I found out that Angie was actually alive and Korekiyo tried to kill (y/n)," Monokuma explained, "things sure got messy huh?"
This caused me to tense up from the traumatic situation. If he wasn't here, how did he find out. There must be some sort of surveillance he's been watching to catch up. I wondered what room in the school would even do that.
Everyone was also very shocked to see Monokuma as well. I looked over to Rantaro, but he seemed to be deep in thought...

Rantaro's POV:

It seemed confusing to me... as I sudden zoned out from what was going on in the dining hall. It faded out, showing what looked like an image of me, sitting in a chair, with ominous lights.
"Hey there. Guess I don't have to introduce myself, huh?" I heard my voice say, deep in my thoughts, "I get that this is probably confusing, seeing...yourself like this. Guess I should start from the beginning."
Suddenly static appeared in my vision. I was confused by this... why was I seeing myself. Were these memories?
"That's the way it is..." my voice said, "now, Monokuma probably already told you this, but just in case... this killing game will continue until there are only two people left. Now the important part of the rule is that—...Oh there is...one more thing. Well the truth is... this isn't your first—"
My vision kept zooming in on myself. I was becoming wide eyed at this. I had no idea what this is.
"Anyone who finds out who you are is gonna come for you..." my voice explained, "so watch your back. Trust no one. And never forget... you wanted this killing game, so you have to win no matter what... No matter what."
(Had to add this because it was at the beginning of the fourth chapter... I thought it'd be fun to give him a piece of that memory.)

Your POV:

While everyone was talking about how Monokuma came back, I noticed Rantaro was not in the conversation. It worried me. He looked like he was zoning out, but then I noticed his eyes eyes widen. I started shaking him.
"Rantaro! Speak to me!" I exclaimed, "are you okay!?"
This seemed to shake Rantaro out of the trance he was in. When he realized I was there, his eyes seemed to soften. He hugged me tightly.
"I'm fine..." he muttered, "I'm fine now..."
    I hugged him back nervously. He was shaken up by something, but I didn't know what. I was worried about him. I wanted to help him, but I couldn't right now with Monokuma here and mocking us all. And there was also the fact that he didn't like telling stuff like this to the other people here. I was basically the only person he fully trusted here.
    "Let's talk later, alright?" I asked, "you seemed very shaken up by something..."
    "Alright..." Rantaro muttered in response, "we can go to the library to talk.
    I nodded in response to him. After that, I looked at Monokuma after I was released from the hug.
    "What are you all gathering around?" Monokuma asked, "is it a dead body?"
    Monokuma started jumping up and down to try to see what everyone was gathering around.
    "Come on! I wanna see!" Monokuma exclaimed.
    "You can go fuck yourself, you teddy bear lowlife!" Miu exclaimed in response.
    "You guys are so cruel to me..." Monokuma said with a sad look on his face.
    "We don't care!" Tenko exclaimed in response, "we were trying to have a happy moment, and then you came along and ruined it!"
    "A happy moment?" Monokuma asked in response, "are you all starting to realize how fun killing is?"
    I had a blank look on my face. I knew everyone was happy that Ryoma was back, but it seemed like Monokuma had no idea that was the case. He thought we were all gathered around a dead body, which made he feel sick to my stomach.
    "Ryoma is alive you monochromatic piece of shit!" Miu exclaimed.
    Monokuma seemed to be shocked for a moment. It was like he was trying to think about how that was possible.
    "Did you guys use the Necronomicon?" he asked, "of course it'd work if you used that!"
    "We don't know," Kaede replied, "we don't know who did the ritual."
    "Well... you could say that... I am angry at these developments..." Monokuma said with an angry look on his face, "now there are no people dead! How can any of you escape when there's no one dead!?"
    "We don't care about that right now!" I exclaimed, "we want to find a way to escape without killing anyone!"
    "Good luck with that..." Monokuma hummed, "because there are certain things that can't be healed."
    I was slightly shocked at those words. Since I was the one behind it, it felt like those words were directed at me. It made me anxious. How long would it be until the mastermind found out...? How long would I live for? I had to keep living.
    "I for one believe that anything is possible," Ryoma stated, "I was dead and a book brought me back... so I'm going to have a purpose this time."
    "Whatever you say, short stack," Monokuma replied, "I should have my kids give you your prize for lasting this long! I'm sure you all love exploring, so I've decided to unlock new areas of the school! I'm normally not so kind, so please feel thankful."
    "How can we be thankful when you try and force us to kill each other!?" Kaede asked.
    "Kaede does have a point," Kirumi said, agreeing with her.
    "Nyaha! Atua says that we should take the gift! Who knows what we may unlock!" Angie exclaimed.
"This seems pretty nice of that bear..." Tsumugi explained nervously, "is there some kind of catch?"
"Nope!" Monokuma exclaimed, "no catch! I just feel like being nice today!"
"That sounds like some bullshit right there!" Miu exclaimed in protest.
Monokuma seemed to be gloomy at that comment. He was looking down with a sad and dejected look with his simplistic facial features.
"It's not though..." Monokuma explained dejectedly, "I just thought you guys deserved a gift after working so hard..."
"I thank you Monokuma," Kokichi said, "these new unlocked areas could probably be a clue to escaping!"
"You really agree with him?" Kaede asked, seeming confused.
"Yes I do!" Kokichi exclaimed, "or maybe it's a lie...your call."
Mostly everyone seemed to turn away from Kokichi as he said that last part. This made something quite obvious to me... Kokichi wasn't trusted by anyone here, and I defiantly knew why. I tried confronting him about his lying, but he doesn't want to change. Everyone basically refuses to trust him because of the fact that he lies. I couldn't change how they felt about him either. If I tried to say anything good about him, he would prove himself wrong each and every time.
"Why are you guys so mean!?" Kokichi exclaimed as crocodile tears exited his eyes.
"Maybe it's because you lie all of the time," Maki said with a glare, "I can't say you're the most trusted person here."
"That's mean..." Kokichi pouted, "I am a honest person."
Everyone seemed to have looks of disbelief when he said that. Even I did, because that was an obvious lie for all of us. He lied all the time, just like Maki said. It was the truth, and that's why people couldn't trust him.
"Quit picking on the other students!" Monokuma announced, "kids! Get the hell over here and give them their prize, so I can get the hell out of this toxic room!"
'Toxic room...?' I thought in response to that.
Soon enough, the four Monokubs entered the room. Monokid, Monodam, Monotaro, and Monophanie. They all had bumps on their heads when they appeared, and with their catchphrase sounding dull and depressing. They were rubbing their heads in pain before saying anything.
"Boo-hoo..." Monophanie cried, "we aren't in control of the school anymore... so it's back to the horrible killing game..."
"I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE AN ACTUAL DEAD BODY!" Monokid yelled.
Everyone was nervously staring at the cubs. It was making me nervous as well. The killing game never ended under their watch.... it was me who fixed everything.
"NOW-FOR-YOUR-PRIZE!" Monodam exclaimed in what seemed to be fake joy.
"Ta-da! The legendary Levistone, the priceless Octobrush, and..." Monophanie trailed off, "a card key! Which just so happens to be the motive, too!"
My mind was racing at the last item mentioned by the pink Monokub. The card key she presented us was the motive. I know I didn't hear that wrong.
"Did you say...motive!?" Shuichi exclaimed in shock.
    "Yep! This mysterious card key is your next motive!" Monokuma exclaimed happily.
    "The classic carrot-and-stick approach! No one can work a carrot or a stick like Daddy!" Monophanie exclaimed.
    I found myself to be very confused at that last line. I had no idea what she meant by a carrot-and-stick approach even was. All I knew is that they were planning something. They had the motive a part of the prize this time, and it made me wonder what was going on.
    "Screw your carrot and your stick!" Miu exclaimed, "gimme whips and chain all the way!"
    "A card key is the motive? What does that even mean?" Kaito asked.
    "So, the new area you can open with the card key... Is that where the real motive is?" Maki asked.
    "That does make sense, I mean it is a card key," Kirumi explained in response.
    "Puhuhu, to answer your question, Maki, it's a secret," Monokuma laughed, "why don't you all use it if you're so curious."
    I was thinking about what Maki said. This card key most likely unlocked some area of the school. I had no idea what it'd unlock or where. I knew the hidden room in the library wouldn't unlock to that card key. That room was most likely only for the mastermind. I remembered what Rantaro showed me on his second Monopad. The proof lied in what the passage said. The hidden room was most likely the place where someone could make a spare of Monokuma.
    So naturally, they wouldn't want to unlock that area for us all to see, because it'd be too easy for us to find out the mastermind's identity that way.
    "We shouldn't investigate the card key, because another murder could be a result of that—!"Kaede exclaimed.
"Yoink! I'll take that card key then!" Kokichi exclaimed.
Kokichi used his small body to his advantage, and he took the card key from Monokuma's paws. I was shocked about this, but in a way, I was sort of expecting Kokichi to pull a move like this. He wants to get to the chase on what the motive was. That was the truth, and he'd do anything to make things go his way.
"B-But that Monokuma's motive!" Gonta exclaimed, "what if friends attempt at someone's life again!?"
"I wouldn't mind that at all, y'know?" Kokichi said as more of a question.
I stared at Kokichi nervously, who was carrying the card key that was previously in Monokuma's claws. Something told me that he was planning something with the card key, but I didn't know what. I had no idea what he was planning, nor did I have a clue of his next planned action. All I could do was either think about the possibilities, or confront him, and try to get him to answer instead.
I didn't want to just stew in my own thoughts anymore. I decided that this time I'd confront Kokichi on the matter. I wanted to know... I needed to know.
With that justified in my mind, I walked over to Kokichi, who had a smug look on his face from being able to steal the card key from Monokuma with such grace.
"Kokichi! What are you planning on doing with that card key?" I asked.
"So my beloved (y/n) suddenly cares about what my next action will be," Kokichi said with a smile, "the reason I took this card key. The reason why I wouldn't mind if anyone died. The true answer is... Cuz this is the killing game and we're the players, plain and simple."
"Kokichi... this isn't a game..." I muttered, "how could you say that... we're all supposed to be working on getting out together..."
"I hate to burst your bubble, my beloved, but pacifism isn't how this game works," Kokichi explained, "this game revolves around more of a genocide tactic, and whether you like it or not, we are the players. Why *wouldn't* the players play the game?"
"Because this so called *game* is sick and twisted," I replied with with an angry look on my face.
"Is my beloved getting angry?" Kokichi asked, "when was the last time I saw her with an angry expression on her face?"
I was looking at Kokichi with an irritated look as he was *thinking* about the last time I was upset. Soon enough, he hit a sideways fist on the flat of his other hand.
"I got it!" Kokichi exclaimed, "the last time you got really angry was when Mr. Detective tried saying that you were overreacting about Rantaro's supposed death."
My eyes widened in response to that. Kokichi was trying to mock me. He was trying to irritate me. I had no idea why, but I seemed to be falling for it.
    "How would you feel if someone you cared about was supposedly dead!?" I asked.
    "Hmm... I wouldn't care because this game is all that matters!" Kokichi exclaimed in response.
    "Quit screwing around, and just give the card key to us, Kokichi!" Kaito exclaimed.
    "No thaaaanks!" Kokichi exclaimed, "see yaaaaa!"
    Kokichi suddenly sprinted out of the room, Kaito yelling at him to come back. Kaito ran out of the room, chasing Kokichi.
    I felt my head spin at this situation. It seemed like everyone else was confused. I was left in confusion and shock. How would everyone react? How would Monokuma react? I guess that's all up to fate.

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is short. I've been drained from school work, and it's hell! Chapter 4 fan art predictions are still being taken in! Send those to my email or insta! - CRUSIFIXdroid