Chapter 3 Part 20: Angie's Lab, Shut In?

Your POV:

    The morning announcement came right on schedule. With sleepy eyes, I looked up at the screen to see what would be displayed. In the end, it was the same Monokuma with the bald spots, staring into the screen with dead looking eyes. The monochromatic bear with bald spots on its fur was dead silent like always.
    The monitor soon turned off after that, leaving me to wake up slowly but surely. A few moments later, I heard ringing coming from the intercom. In other words, someone was ringing the doorbell. It was early in the morning, and I had no idea who could be coming to my door so early in the morning.
    Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I slowly made my way to the door. I couldn't be rude and leave the person at the door waiting. I opened the door a few moments later, and a couple of people walked in.
    Shuichi and Maki stood inside of my dorm room, tired expressions on their faces.
    "What's with that face...?" Maki asked, "you look like you just woke up."
    "Well the morning announcement came on about a minute ago. I did just wake up because of that," I replied nervously.
    "So you're just like Shuichi, huh?" Maki asked.
    I was slightly confused on what she said. How was I like Shuichi, and in what regard.
    "You wake up to that morning announcement, right?" Maki asked.
    "Well yeah..." I replied nervously.
    "If you rely on that announcement as your alarm clock, you'll start getting used to this place," Maki explained, "I told the same thing to Shuichi when I went to get him."
    "She's not lying about that..." Shuichi said nervously.
    "I guess you're right about that though. I want to leave... not stay here forever," I replied.
    Soon I noticed another person burst into my dorm. I was surprised to see Kaito there. I was worried that he was feeling sick, but here he was.
    "It's fine. Let's just stop that ritual," Kaito told us.
    "Kaito... I thought you were sick," I said in shock.
    "I heard from Maki Roll. It seems like Angie's gonna do the ritual," Kaito explained.
    'Maki Roll?' I thought.
    It seemed like Kaito was referring to Maki. He gave her a nickname that was a type of sushi roll. What was Maki going to say about this nickname?
    "Maki Roll...? Don't give me such a weird nickname," Maki told Kaito.
    "Did you bring Kaito here with you, Maki?" I asked.
    "...Is that weird? We need a backup plan in case the straightforward approach fails," Maki explained in response, "who better than Kaito for a...less than straightforward approach?"
    "Kaito, are you even feeling any better?" I asked.
    "Heh, we don't have time to be worrying about me," Kaito explained, "we gotta put a stop to this ridiculous "resurrecting the dead" crap..."
    'If only you knew Kaito...' I thought.
    It was true that if only he knew. If someone died, I'd try and resurrect them with my gene. That was my power for this stupid killing game. Hopefully the mastermind wouldn't find out.
"And then...we can finally drop that topic. Or else... I'm not gonna last..." Kaito said.
When I heard that, I knew exactly what was going on. The hypothesis I had earlier when Kaito started showing these symptoms. Kaito was terrified of the idea of resurrection, so he made himself sick just thinking about it. This made me even more worried about Kaito because just the topic of this would scare him into being sick. I needed to help him get past this.
"Kaito... are you scared?" I asked.
"Huh?" Kaito asked in response.
The expression Kaito made when I asked him that question was a dead giveaway. Kaito had a look of shock and fear on his face. It was the same expression I saw him using while everyone was talking about the resurrection ritual. I needed to ease his mind so he wouldn't bail on Shuichi, Maki, and I.
"I remembered that you didn't like talking about ghosts and stuff like that. It wouldn't be a shock to know you're scared of the dead coming back to life," I explained, "you have been acting strange ever since... we started talking about resurrecting the dead."
"D-D-Don't be stupid!" Kaito exclaimed, "th-there's no way!"
Kaito was now denying what I was saying. This was damning evidence that I was right. Kaito had a fear of ghosts, and now I knew that for certain. Fear can make people weaker.
This was the reason Kaito wouldn't go to training. Him saying that he felt sick was really him feeling scared. This was the mystery on his illness. This was his true reasoning.
"So I was right," I muttered.
"Wait... You mean the reason you didn't come to training is because you were scared?" Maki asked.
"I-It's not that I'm scared... That's just how my body is," Kaito explained in response, "I'm fine when it comes to cramped areas, space, and zero gravity, but...ghost stories... Since I was a kid, whenever I hear them... I start to feel sick..."
Kaito was looking more and more pale as he spoke. This wasn't just some small fear that someone has. It was a fear so bad that it affected his body, and put a damper on what he could and couldn't do.
"Cuz of that...I haven't been able to eat or sleep since all this crap started..." Kaito explained.
"So that's what happened..." Shuichi said nervously.
"So...let's hurry and stop Angie, so we can put an end to all this spooky stuff!" Kaito exclaimed, "if things get any scarier, I'll seriously die from a heart attack!"
Maki was looking at Kaito in a weird way after he said that. I was wondering why she was looking at him that way.
"Wh-Why are you looking at me like that?" Kaito asked.
"Unbelievable... You always act like you're not afraid of anything," Maki explained.
    "Sh-Shut up!" Kaito exclaimed in response, "Let's...just go stop Angie already. C'mon bros! C'mon MakI Roll! Hurry up!"
    "Seriously...don't call me Maki Roll," Maki replied.
    "We should probably go to Angie's lab now..." I muttered.
    Once I exited the door, I was met with an all too familiar face. I smiled brightly when I saw him. He seemed to be waiting for something. I wondered what.
    "Hey Rantaro, good morning!" I exclaimed.
    "Hey, (y/n) why are you with Kaito, Maki, and Shuichi. Is something happening?" Rantaro asked in response.
    "Yes actually," I replied, "we are trying to stop Angie from performing the ritual. It's important that we do that."
    "I see what you mean..." Rantaro trailed off, "would you mind if I tagged along with you guys?"
    "We don't have time for this!" Kaito announced, "all this spooky shit needs to end, so I can finally be at ease."
    "You're not the only ones who want to do something that goes against the student council..." Rantaro explained, "I've wanted to do something about this from the very beginning so please let me accompany you all."
    "Alright fine," Maki said, "but don't slow us down."
"Do you really think I'll slow you down?" Rantaro asked with a nervous smile, "that's kinda a little harsh, don't you think?"
"I honestly could care less," Maki replied, "now let's go... we could probably use your help too."
Rantaro walked over next to me with a small sigh. I kinda felt bad that Maki was being slightly Harsh to him. Hopefully he wouldn't let it get to him.
I blushed lightly, standing next to Rantaro. He really did make my heart race a thousand times over.
We needed to get to Angie's lab though.
We all exited the dormitory and turned to the direction of the entrance hall doors. There was someone in the distance. Walking closer to the person, I recognized it as Kiyo. I wondered if he was heading to the dining hall already. He was standing still though. I wondered what he was doing there.
"Good morning, Kiyo," I greeted nervously.
"Ah, good morning," Kiyo replied, "oh? Well if it isn't Kaito. Are you feeling better already?"
Kiyo seemed to be mocking Kaito slightly. It sorta made me uncomfortable. Kiyo normally didn't use mocking tones with others. I wondered what was up with him. Maybe it was the stress of the student council getting to him. That had to be it.
"Y-Yeah, somehow... Sorry though, we don't have much time to talk right now," Kaito explained.
"Well, don't push yourself. Things feel amiss without your boisterous voice," Kiyo said in response.
"Yeah, sure," Kaito replied with a nervous looking face, "my bad for making you worry."
"...Yes, and all because you were scared," Maki muttered in response.
"Hm? Did you say something?" Kiyo asked.
"I-It's nothing! Right, Maki Roll!?" Kaito asked.
"...Quit calling me Maki Roll," Maki replied.
"You should probably do what she asks, Kaito," Rantaro said nervously.
With that, our conversation with Kiyo ended. I was slightly nervous to see who else we'd run into. It seemed like everyone was on edge.
    I knew one person we'd need to find though. Tenko was important to the plan I was guessing. She was the one who was asking us to help her get Angie to stop. It would be sheer idiocy to not involve her with the plan.
    As we all got closer to the entrance hall, I looked to the left, near the area of the outside portion of the dining hall. I noticed someone standing there. I could make the out the braids of a certain Aikido Master that I knew.
    With that fact fresh in my mind, I made my way near the entrance of the dining hall to greet Tenko. She needed to at least know part of the plan. If we didn't tell her, then if we failed, we would've wasted her time.
    I wanted to at least ease Tenko's mind. Those thoughts were strong in my head as I walked up to her. I smiled lightly at her, and prepared my greeting to her.
    "Good morning Tenko," Shuichi said, before I could say good morning to her.
    I was slightly confused. I thought I was going to have to be the first person to talk again. It looked like Shuichi beat me to it for once.
    "Good morning, Maki!" Tenko exclaimed.
    "...Good morning," Maki replied.
    "Good morning, (y/n)," Tenko greeted me.
    "Good morning to you as well," I said nervously in response.
    I had a strange feeling for what was going on right now. Shuichi greeted Tenko first, but Tenko only acknowledged Maki and I.
    The answer to why came rushing at me like a moving truck. I just remembered that Tenko hates men. No wonder she was ignoring Shuichi.
    "Hey, are you ignoring Shuichi?" Kaito asked.
"Huh, what do you mean?" Tenko asked in response, "it's proper manners to greet girls before degenerate males. More importantly, have you guys seen Himiko?"
Now that Tenko mentioned it, I haven't seen Himiko since that fight happened between Tenko and her. It was kind of surprising. She could be anywhere. She could be in her lab, the dining hall, even in Angie's lab.
"We haven't seen her," Rantaro replied, "is she not in the dorms?"
"I guess not. I didn't get an answer after I knocked on her door, so she must've gone out..." Tenko replied with a smile, "anyway, I'll go look for her! If you see her, please let me know! And let me know how the progress with Angie goes as well!"
With that, Shuichi, Maki, Kaito, Rantaro, and I made our way back to the entrance hall, this time opening the door and going in. Without haste, we all climbed the stair cases to access the different floors. Soon enough, we made it to the fourth floor. We needed to stop Angie right here and now.
    We all walked down the halls to get to Angie's lab. There was one thing I noticed when arriving at Angie's lab. I saw the person Tenko was looking for. Himiko stood in front of the door to Angie's lab, obviously there for something.
    I wanted to tell Tenko that we found Himiko, but we had more pressing matters at hand. Shuichi, Maki, Kaito, Rantaro, and I had to stop whatever Angie was planing. Once we could do that, I'd immediately find Tenko to tell her that Himiko is alright. I ow her at least that much.
    "Nyeeeh? You guys again?" Himiko asked, "nyeh, even with two more people at your side."
    "Himiko...why are you here?" Shuichi asked, "were you keeping watch this whole time?"
    "I wouldn't do something like that. It sounds like a pain..." Himiko explained in response, "I just came to check on Angie."
    If she came here to check on Angie, wouldn't the door be open by now. I was getting a bad feeling about this. I honestly hoped it would be alright.
    "So what do you guys want?" Himiko asked, "don't tell me you came to stop Angie again."
"I think that was the plan," Rantaro told Himiko on response, "because the ritual is some sort of motive, yeah? We shouldn't let anyone blinded by it."
"Th-That's exactly right! It's not because I'm scared or anything, okay!?" Kaito shouted in response.
I knew Kaito was lying. I could basically see it in his facial expression. Himiko would probably be oblivious since she didn't know why Kaito was acting strange.
"But it's good that you're here," Maki explained, "she won't open this door for anyone but members of the student council, right?"
Right then, I knew what Maki was getting to. Himiko was a member of the student council, and since Angie knows now that Tenko was trying to stop her, she found that as some type of betrayal. In the end, I didn't think Angie would let Tenko in after what happened yesterday.
Himiko was our only option as of now. I really hoped that she could help us out. Then again, Himiko was the the person who was exposed to Angie's *god* for the longest period of time. It was since before Ryoma died. I had to find a way to get her to see the truth.
"So tell Angie to open it for us," Maki said.
"Nyeeeh...that's not possible," Himiko explained.
"What do you mean it's not possible?" I asked in response.
"I wanted to ask her how the ritual went, so I've been calling to her..." Himiko explained, "but she must really be into her work... She won't come out."
'She won't come out...?' I thought.
This caused a very bad feeling to enter my gut. I'm sure Angie would've answered Himiko. One thing I knew was we needed to get into Angie's lab and figure out what happened. I was starting to get worried.
"...Won't come out? Are you sure she's in there?" Maki asked.
"She should be inside... Both this door and the back one are locked," Himiko replied.
"So both doors are locked, huh?" Rantaro asked.
    Shuichi, hearing this, decided to walk up to the door of Angie's lab. He placed his hand on the doorknob, twisting it and trying to open the door. When Shuichi was doing this, we could hear a restrained clicking sound, showing that the door was in fact locked.
    "It really is locked," Shuichi said.
    The thing I realized about these doors is the fact that they can lock from the inside. You can either go into the lab from having a key, or the owner letting you inside. From what I remembered on Angie's lab, the second lock was a sliding lock. Instead of something that can be locked with a key, you could lock this one by sliding the metal bar through the hole.
    From what I was able to think about from these instances, I realized something. Someone *was* in the room. The only person it could be is Angie. Hopefully she was just a hard sleeper.
    Maki asked Shuichi if he got a response from inside the room. Himiko thought that Angie might be sleeping. I was hoping it was just that. Because I had a very terrible feeling. It was coming from that door. I hoped nothing bad would happen, but I felt my anxiety get worse and worse. It felt like all bad things from the world were surrounding me, striking me at the same time.
    "Himiko! We need to get inside now!" Shuichi exclaimed.
    "Nyeeeh...? Why?" Himiko asked in response, with a nervous smile on her face.
    "But y'know, even if we wanted to check, it's locked, so we can't do—" Kaito tried to explain as...
    "I heard everything, and I'm just as shocked as you are by what the tabloids are reporting!" Kokichi's voice exclaimed from behind Kaito.
    It seemed like Kokichi eavesdropped on our conversation, and now he was involving himself with everyone to get rid of his own boredom.
    Kokichi was looking at everyone as we tried formulating some kind of response to what he just said. Soon, he was staring right at me.
    "Hello my beloved, (y/n)!" Kokichi greeted as he ran towards me.
    As Kokichi tried to run past Kaito, all Kaito did was bring up his fist slightly. This caused Kokichi to run directly into his fist, and he basically got knocked to the ground in that process.
    "You obviously didn't hear everything at all!" Kaito shouted.
    "Where did you come from...?" Maki asked.
    "Ouch... that smarts...." Kokichi muttered.
    Kokichi took a few minutes to get past the pain I would think he is in. He got up then like nothing happened at all. He finally gave us his answer.
    "A little birdie told me that now would be a good time to bust out my trick,"  Kokichi replied.
    What type of trick could Kokichi have. I was curious on this, and I hope it would be useful to us.
I realized it could've been his lock picking skills. He told everyone that he could lock pick and he got into our rooms that way. Hopefully Shuichi would figure that out soon.
Shuichi suddenly perked up slightly. It seemed like he had figured out what Kokichi's trick could've been. I really hoped he'd be right about it.
"Ah, the lock picking!" Shuichi exclaimed.
"Huh? Lock picking?" Kaito asked in response.
"Yeah," I explained, "Shuichi is right about that. During the Insect Meet and Greet, Kokichi was able to invade our dormitories by lock picking."
I looked at the door and then at Kokichi. This skill would be very useful for us. I needed to ask him for his help.
"Can you use your lock picking skills to get this lab door open?" I asked.
"...My beloved (y/n) wants me to pick open door, huh?" Kokichi asked, "hmmm, lemme see..."
Kokichi bent over and peeked into the keyhole of the doorknob. I was wondering why he was doing that, but then I realized... some kicks aren't good for lock picking. Maybe he was checking to see if there was one that was able to be lock picked.
"Ooh, it's a cylindrical lock," Kokichi explained, "now this type of lock is perfect for lock picking."
"Yes! Please Kokichi, open the door!" I exclaimed.
"It's rude to pick a lock without permission," Himiko said angrily.
"Himiko, we have no time for that!" I exclaimed, "something might've happened to Angie!"
"D-Don't worry about that! Kokichi, hurry and open the door!" Kaito exclaimed.
"Sorry Himiko, my beloved (y/n) wants me to do this, and the others are threatening me," Kokichi said.
Kokichi then pulled out some thin needles. He stuck them inside of the keyhole of the lock. Kokichi started moving the needles around in small motions, a clicking sound the only thing heard as he worked.
Soon enough, there was the sound of a different type of clock. This was the click that told us the door came unlocked.
"There, open says me," Kokichi said.
"That simple...?" Shuichi asked.
"Nee-heehee... Not to brag, but I am the Ultimate Supreme Leader, y'know," Kokichi smugly replied.
"Lock picking seems more suited to petty thieves," Maki said in response.
"And you aren't the only one in the world who can lock pick," Rantaro stated.
"Aaaaaack! That cuts real deep you two!" Kokichi exclaimed.
"Can we please go inside?" Shuichi asked, "I'm worried about Angie."
"Yeah, you're right!" Kaito exclaimed in response.
"I'll open it..." I muttered.
"Be careful, (y/n)," Rantaro told me.
When I touched the doorknob, I realized my hands were shaking from fear. I knew I was nervous about this. I felt bad vibes from this door. Something could've happened to Angie.
Soon enough, the door opened, revealing...

Four effigies were hung upside down with ropes, creating an occult like ambiance. The one that looked like me had a golden looking sword pierced through the chest of the effigy.
In the center of the room there was a puddle of bubblegum pink oozing and spreading along the floor. Angie laid in this pile of blood, on her side and her neck being the source of the iron smelling liquid.
I could feel the shock in my body. I could feel the nausea caused by seeing this. My body fell limp onto its knees, allowing me to realize the shocking situation at hand. My eyes were widened as tears started to come out of my eyes.
I know she tried to kill me, but I was going to forgive her. How could she die before I could fully trust her again. I... I could fix this... her body was intact... I could fix this...

Hello everyone! This chapter is shorter because we got to another body! Obviously Angie! Many of you had questions for what was going to happen. I want you all to be happy with the results of this book, and I want to make fresh ideas, while following the plot to v3... well most of it... hah...
Well, I'm looking for predictions for chapter four now. With the prompt as well. I can't really offer prizes, but spoilers will be prizes to anyone who sends a prediction of chapter four in. I hope you have an amazing week guys! Bye for now!- CRUSIFIXdroid