Chapter 1 Part 9: Spending Time With Kokichi as the Time Limit Nears

Your POV:

    I flopped onto my bed at the thought I was having. That thought caused my face to turn red. The shade of red I was put Himiko's hair to shame.
    "How could I develop feelings for someone...? And that quick too?" I muttered to myself, "calm down (y/n)... everything isn't set in stone yet... let's wait awhile to see if it's actually true..."
    I let out a frustrated sigh as I started to roll around on my own bed, causing my blankets and sheets to get messed up and wrinkled. My hair developed static, causing it to stand up and become tangled. It was very frustrating to know that you might've developed a crush on one of your friends.... and in a killing game nonetheless.
    The doorbell started ringing, snapping me out of my thoughts and notifying me that someone was at the door. I sighed lightly and sauntered up to the door. It was probably Rantaro again.
    When I opened the door, a force tackled me to the ground, leaving me breathless and winded. I looked up and found someone I wouldn't expect to come and visit me.
    "(y/n)! Play with me!" Kokichi exclaimed, being on top of my winded form.
    I started coughing from the contact Kokichi made with my back. The pain from him jumping on me was pretty bad.
    "Did I kill poor (y/n)?" Kokichi asked, "she is coughing pretty badly. It's like she's not even trying to breath. Do you really want to die that much?"
    Kokichi smirked at me and then giggled like a gossiping girl.
    "That was a lie. All I wanted to do was spend time with you (y/n), and you can't refuse," Kokichi said, getting off of me and holding his hand out to help me up.
    I took his hand, and Kokichi pulled me up before I could even make a shocked expression. He smiled at me after.
    "Let's play tag!" Kokichi exclaimed.
    Kokichi and I spent time playing tag around the school. I feel like Kokichi and I got a little closer. I thought I'd give him a gift as well because I gave one to Rantaro. I looked through my inventory and found some bubblegum. I thought he'd like it since he was chewing the same kind a couple of days ago. I gave it to him and smiled lightly.
    "Is this for me?" Kokichi asked, seeming slightly puzzled.
    "Yeah. I thought you'd want it since you like chewing this kind of gum," I replied.
    "Nee-hee-hee! (y/n)'s so sweet! Maybe sometime I'll get you something in the future. That could be a lie though," Kokichi replied with a cheeky grin.
    I laughed nervously and sighed lightly. Kokichi was always so mischievous. I had no idea what went on through his head. He always seems to mask it with lies.
    "So (y/n)! Wanna go watch anime in the AV Room?" Kokichi asked, "tag kinda got bored for me."
    Surprisingly enough, I agreed to watch anime with Kokichi in the AV Room. He decided to put in My Hero Academia. It was one of the newer and popular ones. It was about a boy named Izuku Midoriya who had no quirk, but he met his idol All Might, and managed to inherit his quirk.
    "Hey (y/n), can I ask you something?" Kokichi asked after a couple of episodes went by.
    "Yeah sure. What's up?" I asked in response.
    "Who did your nails?" Kokichi asked.
    "Tsumugi did the gradient on my right hand, and Rantaro did the French slant on my left hand," I replied.
    "Nee-hee-hee! That is so cool!" Kokichi exclaimed, "maybe I should have them do my nails sometime. Well that is a lie of course!"
    "Ehehe... right..." I replied nervously.
I have one more question," Kokichi states, "what is Rantaro to you? What do you think of him as?" Kokichi asked.
    A light blush spread through my cheeks. I couldn't help it. My only question about Kokichi wanting to know this would be why he wanted to know.
    "Why would you want to know that? I mean we are just friends. Nothing else really. Rantaro has helped me through some things. That's why I see him as my best friend," I explained in response, partially lying.
    "Nee-hee-hee! I spotted a lie (y/n)," Kokichi replied, his face darkening after saying that, "you might want to admit to him if you have a thing for him. I mean.... you never know when he's going to die."
    My eyes widened after he said that. The drastic change in tone. He sounded so carefree and energetic, but then his tone turned into a dark one filled with malicious intent. It struck me as odd, and it kinda scared me too.
    "Don't get too scared (y/n), I was lying! I'm sure we will get out of here before that pesky time limit!" Kokichi exclaimed, going back to his old tone of voice.
    After that, I told Kokichi that I was going to head back to my dorm. I was honestly very shaken up about that comment. I placed my hand on my head obviously being slightly disoriented about it. The walk back to the dorm was gloomy and filled with dread.
    Once I got back to the dorm, the room was darkened because it was nighttime. The announcement played, but it showed Monokid acting like a drunk. The silly thing about it was that he was eating honey. Not drinking alcohol. It was very insulting to the ones who actually drink alcohol. If honey had that effect, it would be restricted to the younger kids.
    Once the announcement ended, I collapsed in bed. I fell asleep almost instantly with a few things on my mind. How Kokichi acted while we were watching anime together. My newly developed feelings for someone that's supposed to be my friend. How I can even tell him that it was my fault someone died.....