Chapter 4 Part 29: What Happened to Miu?

Your POV:

    It seemed that the investigation was going well so far, and there was a decent amount of information in the computer room. Shuichi, Kaede, Kaito, Tenko, Himiko, Angie, Tsumugi, Rantaro, Keebo, and myself were going back into the Virtual World to see if there was any links to the case there.
     That's where we were now, minus Kokichi, Maki, Ryoma, Kiyo, Kirumi, and Gonta. They were all staying behind in the computer lab while the rest of us investigated the Virtual World. I was standing in the salon as the others appeared before me, this being our group for investigating the mansion. I was face to face with the graphics of the world.
    Himiko seemed to be happy about her avatar, signifying that she actually liked it. Tenko was going on about how she liked the graphics if Himiko did. On the other hand, there was one thing I noticed once we were back here. Keebo and Rantaro seemed to notice it too. We always would appear in this room to either log in or out. Miu was truthful about that fact, but my mind was constantly having the question about what Miu changed in this world.
    The question arose on how Kaito was logged out of he was on the roof the full time. I honestly didn't even know how it was possible. We needed to investigate that as well, and Kaede and Shuichi said as much. It was agreed that we all needed to investigate Miu's avatar first, which was still near the chapel.
    It was decided that we would head to the chapel. Everyone was in agreement when it came to that. I honestly wondered what exactly we'd find once we got there. Would Miu's avatar even still be in the Virtual World? I guess there was only one way to find out.
    Everyone in the investigation group, one by one started to leave the salon. The Virtual World only made it possible for one person to leave a room at a time. Not everyone was here though, so it didn't take as long as it would with everyone here. Soon enough, the only people left in the salon were Rantaro, Shuichi, and I.
    "I honestly wonder if we're going to be able to find some evidence here..." I muttered, "would Miu's avatar still be here...?"
    "I honestly don't know," Rantaro replied, "there's only one way to find out though. I'm sure nothing has changed since we left."
    "Rantaro is right," Shuichi replied, "if they saw Miu's avatar near the chapel, then chances are it's still there."
    I nodded lightly in response to that. I didn't know if there was some sort of weird save file that needed to be triggered. If that wasn't the case, then nothing should've changed since we left. That's what I was hoping.
    "We shouldn't keep everyone waiting," Rantaro said, "honestly, I'm just glad Kiyo didn't decide to come with us. I don't trust him after what he tried to do..."
"I understand that," Shuichi replied, "but... either way we are going to have to work with him at some point to uncover the truth... honestly, I'm kinda surprised that you weren't upset with me that I tried to attack you..."
"It's water under the bridge at this point," Rantaro laughed, "to me, it felt normal for some reason. I honestly don't even know the reasoning behind that, but I can assure you that I'm not lying."
I could feel myself grow slightly concerned when he said that. Rantaro mentioned that what Shuichi tried to do from the past was somehow normal. This made me realize something... there was things about Rantaro that I didn't even know. Did Rantaro even know himself? I told him time and time again everything about myself, but I felt like I was only on the surface of his true emotions.
I brought my avatar hands to my face, and I hit my cheeks, causing my avatar to look slightly red as if I were blushing. There was no time to focus on this right now. We had to meet up with everyone, and that fact was apparent enough.
"We should probably head out and meet the others," I said, "we need to see if Miu's avatar is still by the chapel, and we need to find out the reason Kaito was logged out on the roof."
Shuichi and Rantaro both nodded their heads in response to those words. Rantaro and Shuichi exited the salon one at a time, and I followed behind. As soon as we exited the salon, everyone who was in our group was waiting for us. They all had their direction directed at the map, and I took this as a sign to look at it.
The two maps were the same in accordance to what Miu told us before. There was the map of the mansion, and a map of the Virtual World. The mansion map had the salon, dining room, kitchen, and a bathroom on the first floor. The second floor was the rooftop. We split up during this time. Kokichi was in the salon. Tsumugi, Rantaro, and myself were in the dining room. Shuichi and Kaede were both in the kitchen. Gonta had the outside, and Kaito was on the roof. Knowing the places everyone was in charge of was crucial to finding out what happened.