Chapter 3 Part 23: Investigation of the Three Rooms

Your POV:

    I found out that the Necronomicon had to be burned to ash for the ritual to work, but that obviously wasn't what happened because the book was still intact. The effigies being hung upside down played no part in what the book said, because it mentioned nothing about the effigies needing to be hung upside down.
    The katana was also the murder weapon. I found out earlier from Maki that the culprit couldn't find anything long enough from her lab because Maki didn't like using swords. She botched a mission while using a katana. That's why they had to settle on using the golden katana from Kiyo's lab.
    Time was going by very quickly because of the thought it took to even try and figure out what the culprit did to create this mystery. It still continued to confuse me.
    Pieces of evidence I gathered included the effigies, the sliding lock on the back door, the golden katana, my stabbed effigy, and the Necronomicon. All of these things had to link to everything somehow. I had to figure out that what happened. The device Miu made me was still on because I was waiting for Angie to wake up.
    I felt like I was missing something. There was something I didn't investigate yet, and it was concerning to me. I had to figure out what I was missing.
    "Rantaro, I think I'm going to investigate Angie one more time," I explained, "I think I'm missing something."
    "Alright, (y/n)," Rantaro replied, "you're doing a very good job."
    I walked over to Angie's corpse once more. The room was empty because the others were either helping Kiyo set up the seance, or they were investigating something else.
    When I got to Angie's body, I inspected it closely. The first thing I noticed was that the wound on her neck was completely closed up. This was a shock to me because I wasn't expecting it to happen this quickly. She had to wake up soon.
    I then saw something sticking out from underneath her. With careful hands, I pulled the strange thin object from underneath her. The object was a piece of tape. It was a beige color and it had blood and silver pieces of hair on it.
    This instantly created a link of the wound on her forehead to the tape. I didn't know why the killer even had tape, or why it was there. I didn't know how to link it to the case, but I knew it was involved with the wound on her head.
    As I was staring at the tape, I noticed bright blue eyes staring at me from the position Angie was in on the floor. I almost instantly jumped back from shock.
    "(y/n), what's going on? Why does my neck hurt?" a cheery voice asked me.
    Almost instantly, I knew what was going on. Angie had woken up, and she was confused about what was going on. I felt a smile form onto my face in response to this. My theory was correct. This was time based. It had to do with the type of injure that happened. Broken bones take longer to heal, and Angie only had a slice in her neck.
    I slowly got up and I offered my hand to Angie to help her get up. A smile was on my face as I did so.
    "Welcome back, Angie," I told her.
    Angie grabbed my hand, and she pulled herself up from her position on the floor. She was bewildered. This was strange to me. Angie was confused, and she wasn't smiling. She normally had a positive attitude despite anything that went on here.
    "Why am I in my lab?" Angie asked, "why are the effigies hung upside down?"
    Angie seemed very freaked out. She soon took a look at her outfit and she nearly paled because of it.
    "Why am I covered in blood?" she asked.
    I knew I was going to have to explain this all to Angie. She was confused, and if I didn't explain what was happening, she could very well have a mental breakdown.
    "Angie, you were dead. Someone killed you," I explained, "but I brought you back..."
    Angie seemed very confused about this. Soon enough, a smile formed on her face, and she was back to her cheery self.
    "So you're the cause of Kirumi and Rantaro's recoveries!" Angie exclaimed happily, "no wonder Atua likes you! You're really like a goddess! But how did you do it"
    I knew I was going to have to explain this to Angie too. She couldn't tell anyone either because if she did, I could be done for.
    "First you have to swear not to tell anyone what I'm about to tell you," I explained in a serious tone, "once you agree to these terms, I will explain everything."
    "I swear on Atua that I won't tell anyone," Angie replied, "you can trust me... though..."
    Angie looked down slightly. She seemed to be upset about something. I knew that it must've been a lot to take in, being told that you were killed. It must've been scary.
    "What is it?" I asked in response.
    "I can't believe that I almost tried to kill you when you were the one saving people. You're the one who has been saving everyone from death," Angie explained with pure guilt on her face, "I can't believe I tried to do that to you when you were the one saving everyone... but what about Ryoma?"
    "Just let me explain everything. I'll tell you everything," I said, "I have a rare gene called Tears of Life. This gene allows me to bring back anyone who is intact. That's why Ryoma, I couldn't bring back. But this gene is triggered when I cry on someone who is dead. The time it takes for someone to wake up depends on the type of injury the person received that caused the death."
    "Oh, I see. Ryoma was bones, so he couldn't be brought back," Angie replied.
"Yeah..." I muttered while looking down, "I honestly felt useless because of that... the one that needed a reason to live. The one that needed a purpose in life... I couldn't even save him..."
"You shouldn't feel that way though," Angie replied, "Atua has seen that you have saved a few people ever since we got trapped here. Maybe there is a way to save Ryoma."
"Yeah, I have a plan that might work," I explained, "if I can use the Necronomicon, I can combine it with my gene. I think it could work."
Angie seemed confused. It seemed like she was shaken by something. It concerned me slightly.
"Is the Necronomicon still here?" she asked.
"Angie, it's on the floor," Rantaro said from across the room.
In response to what Rantaro said, Angie looked to the area where the book was sitting. She seemed shocked.
"How did I get here? How did the book get here?" Angie asked.
"Angie, calm down. What do you mean?" I asked.
Angie was obviously freaking out about something. Maybe it was something about the events that happened last night. It had to be since the murder was around 2 in the morning, according to the Monokuma File.
Something had to have happened to Angie last night. That would explain why she was killed. I needed to know the details.
"I was preparing to do the ritual last night after you, Tenko, Shuichi, and Maki left. I had to make the necessary actions to prepare, so I went to one of the three empty rooms to get a candle, so I could burn the book and gain the ashes to use," Angie explained.
'So Angie went to one of the three rooms to get a candle for the ritual...' I thought.
Angie going to the three rooms for a candle was significant enough. Something must've happened in one of those three rooms that caused Angie to die.
"Can you explain more?" I asked, "keep explaining."
"Alright..." Angie replied, "so when I went into the middle room to get a candle, I saw someone in there. Kiyo was in there and he was doing something odd. He seemed to be sawing the floor in the middle room. I had no idea why he was doing it, so I thought nothing of it. All I wanted to do was get a candle, so I could finish the ritual. I turned my back on him, and after that, I saw black."
My eyes were widened at this. I knew now who the culprit was. It was Kiyo, and he killed Angie for walking in on him. But why would he do that. My hypothesis was that he was planning some sort of murder. There would be no other reason that he would do so.
This also made the link for the tape that I found underneath Angie before she woke up. He must've used it to stop the bleeding before taking her to her lab.
It was all coming together. The only thing I couldn't understand was how the Kiyo managed to create a locked door mystery. There were variables in key that related to what he did. There was the effigies hanging upside down. There was the golden katana that was used as the murder weapon that was stabbed into the effigy that looked like me. The last piece of evidence was the golden leaf that was on the sliding lock door.
Something came to mind as I thought about that. I I walked over to the sliding lock and I moved it in and out of the lock. It was very easy to move. It didn't take much for it to go into the lock.
There was gold leaf on the sliding lock and the katana's gold leaf came off easily, this made me believe that the katana was used to get the sliding lock closed, but how did they use it.
"Rantaro, we know who killed Angie, and we brought her back. Now we need to figure out how he made this a locked room mystery..." I explained.
"I agree," Rantaro replied, "and I think I have an idea on how Kiyo locked the sliding door."
"What do you think?" I asked.
"Let me show you," Rantaro replied.
My effigy was near the back door, and Rantaro slowly made his way over to it. He was staring at the katana, as if observing the length of it. Once he did that, he unlocked the sliding lock.
"Let's see..." Rantaro muttered.
Rantaro started to spin the effigy, twisting the rope. I noticed the effigy was going counterclockwise as Rantaro was spinning it. Once the rope had enough turns, he released the effigy.
The effigy turned clockwise to counter the way it was spun. The katana was being spun with it, and I noticed that the katana hit the lock. When the katana hit the lock, the sliding part of the lock slid into the locking part of the door.
My eyes were widened when I realized what happened. Rantaro was right. Kiyo used this to leave the room and lock the door from the inside. It was genius.
"Rantaro you are amazing!" I exclaimed, "that's how Kiyo did it! It has to be!"
"Thanks, (y/n)," Rantaro replied, a light blush adorning his cheeks as he scratch the back of his head nervously, "it makes sense that this is the only way it could've been done. The culprit left the room, and let the effigy do the rest of the work. That's why there was gold leaf on the sliding lock."
"You really are amazing Rantaro," I told him, "I couldn't figure out the link between this evidence, and you did."
"It really is nothing. You do a lot for the trials," Rantaro replied.
Now that we figured out Kiyo's trick for what happened with Angie, I knew what needed to happen next. We had to warn the others that Kiyo was planning a murder in the middle empty room.
    I had to think about what Kiyo could be planning. It was obviously something that had to do with the middle empty room, but what could it be?
     I took a moment to think about what it could be. Kiyo did kill Angie before I brought her back because she saw something he didn't want anyone to see. That specific thing was cutting crosspieces in the middle room, where Angie was accessing to get a candle for the ritual.
    "Hey, (y/n), what are you thinking about?" Rantaro asked me, seeming slightly concerned.
    "Well, I'm trying to think about what the culprit could be planning because of the information I received from Angie," I replied, "Angie walked in on him cutting crosspieces in the middle empty room, and the culprit obviously didn't want her to see that. That's why he killed her."
    "You are right," Rantaro replied with a serious look on his face, "maybe we should think about moves Kiyo made. For example, what did he suggest to others that he seemed to bring up since we discovered his lab? What questions did he ask?"
    When Rantaro was giving me these ideas and questions, my eyes instantly widened after that. The main connection. Kiyo recommended that a seance would help everyone get in contact with Angie and see who killed her, but I revived her, and it was explained that Kiyo was the one who killed her, according to the alibi Angie gave me.
    Kiyo was the one who wanted to do the seance, and he told us that the room needed to be as dark as possible. That's why the three empty rooms were brought up, and one of them had cut crosspieces. Maybe more than one of the rooms had the same setup, but he had Himiko choose what room this would take place in.
    Himiko chose the middle room, and if my suspicions were right, he'd use this to blame Himiko for whatever he was planning. Putting this together made me realize that Kiyo's plan was to use the seance to murder someone. It was so clear now, and I needed to stop it.
    I had no idea how Kiyo would perform a murder in the dark, but I knew that I had to stop it either way. Maybe showing everyone that Angie is alright would make them not want to do the seance anymore.
    "Rantaro, I think Kiyo is using the seance to commit a murder," I told him, "we need to stop the seance somehow."
    "I agree," Rantaro replied, "it seems like what Angie saw helped us get an understanding on what was going to happen."
    "I was thinking that we can show everyone that Angie is okay, so that the others won't want to do the seance anymore," I explained, "and if that doesn't work, we can confront Kiyo about the seance and prove to everyone on what's going on."
"That's a good idea, but we should confirm these facts before we accuse him," Rantaro replied, "if you think that Kiyo cut the crosspieces in all of the three empty rooms, we need to check those rooms to see if it's true. The only thing is that I don't know how he plans to execute his plan with the crosspieces cut."
Rantaro was absolutely correct. In order to prove the theory we had, we had to check the other rooms before bed confront Kiyo. It was the logical thing to do, so we could at least see if he did it in all three rooms.
"Also Angie, since this happened, I need to request something of you," I explained.
"What is it?" Angie asked in response.
"This situation probably proved to you that you can't stop a murder even if you have a curfew in place. Someone will always oppose and fight back," I explained, "since this happened I request that you disband the student council. It's obvious that we can't stop a murder from happening from having a student council."
Angie seemed to look down when I told her my request. I knew it was a lot to ask of her, but she tried to kill me, but yet I saved her. I was hoping that she'd at least listen to me about this.
"I understand," Angie replied, "you've done so much for me despite what I've done to you. I almost killed you, and yet you still gave me another chance at life. You could say that I view you as more of a goddess now, so if disbanding the student council is your will, then I'll follow in that will and listen. It's the least I can do."
I was slightly confused when Angie revealed that she thought of me as a goddess. I had no idea that this would happen. I honestly thought she would just blow everything off like she usually did, but she actually listened to me.
Despite her listening to me, I didn't want to be viewed as a god. All I am is a human, not a god. I could still die at any moment. I would very well die if the mastermind found out about this. I didn't have unlimited lives. I only had one life, but at least I was able to amount to something.
"Alright, but you don't have to view me as a goddess," I explained, "I am a human, and I only have one life. If the mastermind finds out about my ability, I'll be killed. Please take that to mind."
"Alright, but how the others react seeing me alive and well?" Angie asked.
"I'm sure they will be shocked, but they will be happy too. You aren't dead anymore. You should be glad," I replied with a smile, "now we should get going to the three empty rooms. We have to investigate the rooms in order to see if Kiyo cut the crosspieces to all three of the rooms."
Angie nodded in response. That was all I needed. She understood that this was important. We all understood that this was important. We can't let another person die. That was something I couldn't let happen.
    All three of us walked out of Angie's Ultimate Lab, being careful that no one saw us just yet.
    "Angie, can you walk alright?" I asked.
    "I think so," Angie replied.
    "Let's just take it slow on the way to the three empty rooms..." I replied nervously.
    "Alright," Angie replied.
    As we walked to the three empty rooms, there was a chance we were going to run into one of the people who helped set up the seance, despite not knowing that it was somehow a plan for a murder to occur.
    We neared the three rooms, taking our time to get there. Angie still just woke up, so taking things slower would be better for this situation. I honestly hoped that the mastermind didn't figure out what was going on yet. It gave me bad anxiety just to think about the chance that the mastermind knows. I didn't want to die. I couldn't leave Rantaro. I could leave who I love.
    "Angie... is...is that you...?" I heard a feminine lazy voice ask.
    I knew right away who that voice belonged to. It always lacked quite a bit of emotion due to the fact that this girl was always tired.
    Himiko Yumeno stood there with wide eyes. This was probably one of the times where she showed genuine emotion and not showing how tired she was.
    Tears welled in the poor girl's eyes and this made me feel sad in a way. I had no idea if they were tears of sadness or tears of happiness. My guess is that they were tears of happiness.
    "Angie... I can't believe you're okay," Himiko said as a small smile formed on her face, "it really is you."
    This is what made my guess true. I knew that seeing Angie dead made Himiko very upset. These two are very close, and to have that taken. It's an awful feeling, but I gave what was taken back. Himiko was happy, and this made me feel happy as well. I was able to help Himiko feel better.
    "How did this happen?" Himiko asked, "you had a neck injury, and now it's gone."
    Angie smiled at Himiko in response to what she said. It seemed like Angie had an idea to use that would clear suspicion.
    "Atua was the one who did it. He saw that it wasn't my time yet, so he fixed me right up!" Angie exclaimed.
    "Nyeh... that must be the case," Himiko replied, "since you're okay, should I tell the others that the investigation can stop?"
    "Not yet," I told Himiko, "we have a lead and we need to investigate so we can thwart whatever plan the culprit has."
    "That makes sense," Himiko replied with a small smile, "I'm really glad you're okay Angie."
"Atua is glad that you are safe too," Angie replied with a smile.
With that, we walked to the right room of the two other empty rooms. We slowly walked in. What we saw...
Kokichi was on the floor, blood pouring from his head. His foot seemed to be caught in the floorboards of the room. This was a shock to me because he was probably dead.
"It's a lie!" a cheerful voice exclaimed.

Hey guys another chapter. I'm able to write and relax because my school is shut down. Next week will be amazing! With love- CRUSIFIXdroid