Chapter 3 Part 12: Student Council Take Over

Your POV:

Everyone was bewildered about the book that was in our possession. Everyone was trying to discuss if it was even possible to resurrect the dead. Miu and Kaito didn't believe this was a possible feat. If only they knew the secret behind how Rantaro survived. It would be very interesting to see how they'd react.
Kiyo explained that this was probably some sort of resurrection ceremony or funeral ceremonies from the world over. He explained that certain rituals and legends were twisted into ways to bring the dead back into this world.
'I guess my rare gene is an example of a twisted way to bring the dead back to the living world...' I thought.
Even though Kiyo explained all of the ritual stuff, he didn't believe the dead could be resurrected. He told everyone that the souls do exist, but they couldn't be brought back. The reasoning was dead flesh. That couldn't be resurrected.
'What if everything was still intact though?' I thought.
I couldn't say that out loud. If I said that, everyone aside from Rantaro and Kirumi would judge me. I couldn't have anyone hating me or thinking of me as stupid. With my self esteem the way it was, I still couldn't speak my mind...
Everyone was starting to talk about why it was impossible for the dead to be brought back to life, but Angie said it wasn't strange for the dead to be brought back.
"There was the situation with Rantaro, and Kirumi as well," Angie explained, "can't you count that as the dead being brought back to life?"
I froze slightly in response to this. I couldn't let everyone find out about the truth, let alone the mastermind. No one could know unless they died because they needed some sort of explanation.
"Hah-hahaha! The kooky bitch is finally talkin'!" Miu exclaimed, "but too bad! No one's interested in your bullshit cult!"
"No...wait," Keebo said, "let's hear what Angie has to say."
"Yes, Angie is free to speak," Tenko said.
'What the hell is going on...?' I thought.
I had a feeling that Keebo, Himiko, Tenko, and maybe even Tsumugi were a part of some sort of cult that Angie started. This was not a good thing to happen. If they took over the school, bad things could happen as a result...
"Nyahahaha, can I say it?" Angie asked, yaaaay! Okay, I'm gonna say it! Cuz...that's what Atua desires."
I was wondering what Angie was going to say. Kaede, Rantaro, Kirumi, and the others were looking confused. Everyone was confused aside from the four people who were under Angie's influence.
"Angie, do you believe you can revive the dead?" I asked.
"I kinda agree," Kaede replied nervously, "why do you believe something like that can happen with just a book?"
"Umm...I don't think the resurrection ritual can really bring the dead back to life," Angie explained, "it's probably more like...returning the dead to us."
"...What do you mean?" Maki asked.
    "Y'know how the body of Ryoma was cleaned up?" Angie asked, "it was also that way for Rantaro when we thought he died. It was so clean... it's like there was never a dead body to begin with? So maybe...Ryoma was never dead to begin with?"
    'That can't be the case...' I thought.
    I knew I was accurate because when I saw Rantaro dead on the floor, it wasn't some sort of replica. There was actual blood coming out of the wound in his head. I was very happy I could do something to bring Rantaro back. During the magic show,  Kirumi couldn't just pull off visual effects to make Ryoma's case happen. We didn't have that equipment at the time. What happened was 100% real.
    "Angie... I hate to tell you, but Ryoma is dead..." I muttered, "there is no way that some sort of decoy could've been used. Didn't you see what was happening in that tank? That was real!"
    "I agree with (y/n), Angie..." Rantaro replied.
    "But, it might've been a very accurate imitation!" Angie exclaimed in response.
    'That's what a decoy would be....' I thought.
    "I hate to tell you that your theory is false Angie," Kirumi explained, "I met with Ryoma during night time. He was not an imitation...."
    "But Monokuma and the Exisals are evidence of ridiculous scientific advancements..." Keebo explained, "so it may be possible for them to create extremely convincing imitations."
    I was starting to get stressed out. We were presenting evidence that was truthful. It went against what Angie was trying to say, and the people that followed her were too stubborn to listen to logic. 
    My ability wasn't exactly logical, but I couldn't bring people back if they were not intact. That was the only logical part of this rare gene.
    Tsumugi told us that if Angie was the one to say it, she'd "plainly" believe it. Himiko then stated how she always supported Angie. Angie was getting very happy that people were supporting her.
    "What? No, wait a minute!" Shuichi exclaimed, "I saw him with my own eyes—"
    "Graaahhh!" Tenko shouted, "don't raise your voice to Angie, you rude degenerate!"
    "Hey, you don't want Ryoma to be alive, Shuichi? You don't want the dead to be alive?" Angie asked.
    "I-I do!" Shuichi exclaimed, "I do want that! I wish he was still alive... Even now I think that. But no matter how much we want that..."
    I could understand what Shuichi was going through. I felt at fault for what happened to Ryoma. I really wished I could've done something to help him. I looked down in shame from the sheer thought of what I could've done to save him.
    "Oh, wait!" Gonta exclaimed, "if everyone alive, that mean they're somewhere in school, right? So...maybe one of them write message in courtyard?"
    'The message in the courtyard?' I thought, 'was something added to the rock those words were on?'
    The message in the courtyard had to have changed some how. If it wasn't changed, then why would it have been brought up?
"Gonta, you know about the letters written in the courtyard, right?" Shuichi asked.
"Yeah...but it sorta different now," Gonta explained in response, "on way here, Gonta go see writing in courtyard... And it have more writing this time."
It was explained by Gonta that the letters spelled...
"Th
wor
s
ne
ma"
The letters were lined in a weird way. The word "Horse" and the letter "A" were in a diagonal line. This made me think of a few possibilities.
'Could Horse A be some sort of clue?' I thought, 'I have no idea what it could even mean...'
It had to be some coded message. I was questioning who was leaving these letters since after the first trial. The second trial ended, leaving more words on that rock.
"Gonta no could understand what writing mean, but maybe..." Gonta said, trailing off slightly, "maybe it message from the dead? Maybe Ryoma leave message for us that say, 'Hey! I'm alive!'"
I believed in the part that the dead could leave a message. The reason was because I did believe in ghosts. I believed in the idea that spirits could roam around the earth in purgatory.
Despite believing that, I couldn't believe that Ryoma's death was fake. With all of the evidence I had, it was defiantly a real death.
"Gonta, why would you think Ryoma was alive. We have evidence to prove that he is really dead," I nervously stated.
"Gonta think that cuz no one here write it, did they? So someone else musta write it, right?" Gonta asked.
"Are you saying Ryoma is hiding in the school and he wrote the message?" Tsumugi asked, "in other words...it's a message from the dead?"
"W-Wait...a message from the dead!?" Miu exclaimed, "what the actual fuck...!?"
I took a look around the room. I noticed right away Kaito wasn't looking so well. His face was very sweaty and nervous looking as he wiped his face. It was like he was dealing with sone sort of fear no one knew about. In any case, Kaito didn't look very mentally stable at the moment.
"Either way, there's nothing more divine than being reunited with a friend," Angie explained happily.
Angie was happily smiling as she picked up the
Necronomicon off of the floor. I had a feeling Angie was actually going to try and use the book to bring Ryoma back. If the book was accurate... I hoped it could do the thing I couldn't.
"Angie...whatever are you planning to do with that?" Kiyo asked, "are you...actually planning to perform the ritual? You do know it's a motive, yes?"
"But perhaps it's a motive that's dangerous to ignore, rather than dangerous to use," Keebo replied, "for example, maybe Ryoma who died is maybe still alive... and if we don't perform the ritual, maybe he will be killed for certain this time?"
    "Hm, it would be a problem if we allowed a potential survivor to die," Angie said, "nyahahaha. You're so smart for telling us, Gonta. You're a savior to Ryoma."
    I knew there wouldn't be a way to get through to Angie. No matter how much evidence I have, she will never listen to me. It was making me upset, but in truth, I wanted to believe her. I couldn't though... after what I've faced in this hell so far. I couldn't believe that he could be in the school, still alive and well. It wasn't possible for me...
    Gonta looked confused on Angie's compliment. It was obvious that he was confused about what she said. Angie was slowly walking up to him with a smile on her face.
    She embraced Gonta, making the poor man shocked. She was humming lightly as she was embracing him. She explained that Gonta was working harder than anyone else to keep everyone safe. She even explained that when he went berserk, he still kept everyone's safety in mind. That was true I'll admit.
    She explained that she knew because Atua was watching over him. Even if that was true, we all knew that Gonta would watch over us and keep us safe. It was his character.
    Angie explained that Atua was like a grandmother and enjoyed watching to keep people safe. With every word Angie said, Gonta was being convinced to be on her side as well as Tenko, Himiko, Keebo, and Tsumugi.
    "Gentle grandmother? I thought you said Atua was a handsome man?" Miu asked.
    "Angie's Atua changes his appearance depending on who's looking," Himiko explained in response.
    "Well, that's not suspiciously convenient at all," Kokichi replied in shock.
    "Oh yeah. Why don't you join our student council, Gonta?" Angie asked.
'Please no...' I thought.
This was basically a cult Angie formed. This was my worst nightmare to happen so far. I had a bad feeling about this student council. It wasn't a good idea for this. Someone could get mad at the council and kill Angie from it. I didn't want anyone else to die.
"Yeah! It'd be really reassuring if you were part of the student council, Gonta!" Tsumugi exclaimed.
"Mhm...you will use your power for the peace of the academy," Himiko explained in response.
"Nyahahaha! See how much everyone needs you, Gonta? You should defiantly join!" Angie exclaimed.
"...You need Gonta?" Gonta asked, "okay! Gonta join student council too!"
Angie soon looked at me after Gonta said that. She had a happy glint to her eyes as she approached me.
"What about you, (y/n)?" Angie asked, "you seem to care about everyone here, so why don't you join the student council too?"
"I wouldn't be opposed to that!" Tsumugi exclaimed in response.
"It's her choice Tsumugi," Angie replied, "Atua will always have a watch over you, (y/n). He is the one who would want to meet you the most. So, what do you say (y/n)?"

Hey, I'm sorry this is out a bit late. Angie is taking over. Haha... I've been anxious all week, so I'm a bit tipsy from anxiousness. I hope you enjoy the chapter. I need fan art. The event will happen soon...Ciao for now!- CRUSIFIXdroid