Chapter 5 Part 17: The Mastermind's True Identity

Your POV:

"So without further adieu~! The person who has been saving everyone from death, and messing with my plans... it's none other than our lovely (y/n)~" Kokichi said with a smile.

I could feel my heart tighten in my chest as soon as he said that. Kokichi said his line in a seemingly casual way, laughing and smiling, while the people that didn't know had their eyes widened in shock. I could feel everyone's eyes on me after Kokichi said everything.
    I knew that Shuichi, Kirumi, Rantaro, Angie, Ryoma, and Miu knew what was going on. Everyone that knew had a look of pure concern and shock on their faces as if they were hoping that I was going to be okay.
It was like everyone went from focusing on Kokichi who said he was the Mastermind to focusing on me. There were defiantly more things for me to worry about at this point. I couldn't even completely focus on the Mastermind when Kokichi figured me out. I knew I was closer to death. I had no idea what was going to happen.
"W-Wait, so (y/n) save us?" Gonta asked, "Gonta not understand how..."
    "I-I don't understand either..." Himiko muttered in response, "you're saying that everyone who was dead before was somehow brought back by (y/n?) Nyeh...you have to be lying about that. Only I can use magic."
    "If you're the only one who can use magic, then why don't you explain how that playboy was revived," Kokichi said, "why don't you explain how Kirumi and Angie were brought back? What about Ryoma who was just a pile of bones? What about Miu? For a good portion of these cases there was no way a lazy and dumb magician like you could revive those people."
    "Shut up, you degenerate male!" Tenko shouted, "Himiko isn't lazy or dumb! She could've very well used her magic to help us not have any casualties!"
     "If you don't believe me, then how about I give some more evidence," Kokichi stated, "what are the similarities between the supposed deaths of that playboy, Kirumi, Angie, and Ryoma? You have a few seconds to answer."
    "H-How could we possibly remember all of that?" Tsumugi asked, "you're just plain pressuring us!"
     "By memory of course, (y/n) witnessed Kirumi's execution first hand before the camera went out," Maki explained, "I do believe that she also requested to be alone with Angie to give her her respects."
    "Nee-heehee, the assassin gets it right!" Kokichi exclaimed, "(y/n) has been alone with each of the people who were supposed to be dead before they came back to life. What does that tell you so far?"
    "I hate to agree with Kokichi, considering he's saying he's the mastermind but..." Keebo trailed off, "he does have a point..."
     I was still silent as I heard people discussing why I was the one who was saving everyone, or why I couldn't have saved everyone so far. There was one thing that was for sure. I was found out. I couldn't lie anymore because there was nothing to lie about. The only thing Kokichi had yet to explain was how.
"I-It has to be a lie!" Himiko exclaimed, "i-it was my magic!"
"Oh, so you want me to lie *now*?" Kokichi asked, "you guys always told me not to do that."
"Well, where's your proof that you're the mastermind?" Rantaro asked, "you want to talk about (y/n) so badly, but first why don't you convince us of your mastermind role. You should have proof of that, yeah?"
"Oh, so now *I'm* being interrogated by the playboy, huh?" Kokichi asked, "Nee-heehee...I'll show you...the irrefutable evidence that *I* am the mastermind!"
I could feel myself grow relieved as Rantaro changed the subject. I didn't think he was doing it for me though, for Rantaro is one for getting straight to the point. Kokichi wanted to answer that question, taking Rantaro's question into consideration. He said he was the mastermind of this game, but he didn't have much proof. If Kokichi was the mastermind though... he was the one who actually tried to kill Rantaro in the beginning.
Kokichi took some sort of controller out of his pocket. He started to fiddle with it, and the controller looked to be black and white, like Monokuma. Everyone was silent as Kokichi fiddled with the controller. A minute passed by after that, and it was silent. Before I knew it, I heard what sounded like clanking metal getting closer and...
All five Exisals jumped in a group around Kokichi, catching all of us off guard. I almost lost my footing from the shaking of the ground as this happened. I was shocked. Was Kokichi controlling the Exisals.
"E-Exisals!?" Kaito stuttered in shock.
"What's going on?" Keebo asked, "I thought only the Monokubs could control the Exisals!"
"Well, I'm different," Kokichi replied, "since I'm the mastermind, I control everything in this school. Nee-heehee... As long as I have the master remote control, all Exisals move on my command."
From seeing the Exisals around Kokichi in a way like they were guarding him, I knew this was no lie anymore. Kokichi was telling the truth. The fact that Kokichi knew that it was me that was saving people told me that he was serious about the killing game. He wanted murders to happen, and I realized that now.
"So...you really are the mastermind?" Maki asked.
"I had a feeling it was you!" Miu shouted, "you are a fuckin' psychopath!"
"Kaede, Shuichi, Rantaro, you guys look like you don't believe me," Kokichi said, "I'm so disappointed in you all... I even gave you all such a huge hint, but you still didn't get it. I'm talking about my writing in the courtyard. I was waiting with so much anticipation to see when you guys would figure it out."
"So that message was you telling us you were the mastermind?" Kaede asked.
    "Yup!" Kokichi exclaimed in response, "but I guess that precious hint went to waste. All cuz you bastards trusted each other. With (y/n) saving everyone who died, why wouldn't you trust each other? I hooonestly think you guys should've doubted each other more. If it weren't for (y/n), there would be multiple victims right now, so you all should be thanking her."
    I could feel myself start to grow confused as Kokichi said those words. He proved he was the mastermind to me at least, but now he was bringing the conversation topic back to me. He was trying to expose me, but now he was telling everyone here to thank me.
    "Kaede, I will be completely honest with you," Kokichi said, "you had the right idea to kill the mastermind from the start... too bad I was a few steps ahead of you. If only you killed me, then this game would've ended."
    Kokichi's words were directed at Kaede as his face contorted into an expression that was horrifying to look at. His smile... how dark his face went... how he was laughing about the truth he was stating. Kaede had a look of shock on her face as she tried to think of a response.
    "Wait, what...?" Kaede asked in shock, "are you telling me you knew my plan before the first trial?"
    "I did," Kokichi replied, "but honestly, I was soooo surprised that Rantaro came back to life. Because of that, I was able to conclude that (y/n) was the cheater in my game."
    "Shut it Kokichi..." Kaito said, "so you're saying that you led us around the entire time? A-Are you saying it's the truth that (y/n) was somehow keeping everyone alive...?"
    "Oh?" Kokichi asked, "you mad that I called out one of your precious sidekicks? If you're so mad, what are you gonna do about it?"
    "Shut up!" Kaito shouted, "of course I'm mad! I don't care how (y/n) was able to help us, but don't call her out because of her determination to keep us alive! Don't think you've won just because you got the Exisals on your side!"
    Kaito held up his Electrohammer as he said those words, and in all honesty... Kaito was talking about me again. He was standing up for me at least in some way. I honestly felt relieved about that. Even though I couldn't even say a word to tell everyone whether Kokichi was right or wrong. Even though I felt more suicidal thoughts from relapsing... I was still too scared to die. I didn't want to die even though it felt like it would be better if I did.
    "Cuz we've got the Electrohammers—" Kaito said before...
    Kaito's Electrohammer powered off as he was about to use it. He was shocked and asking what was going on, but Kokichi was mocking him about how things weren't going his way. It was at this moment that not only Kaito's Electrohammer powered down, but it was also all of ours. Every Electrohammer powered down and died all at once leaving everyone with shocked faces.
"Why did I have to invent these fuckin' things with such crappy ass batteries!?" Miu shouted.
"I don't know, but this works in my favor!" Kokichi exclaimed in response, "but that lasted longer than I calculated, so I was actually starting to get a bit nervous!"
"D-Did you calculate that, too?" Kaito asked angrily.
"Sorry, Kaito," Kokichi mocked, "your tiny brain is just too different from mine."
Kaito was silent for a moment in response to Kokichi's words. He was glaring at Kaito intensely. I however was dumbfounded in shock from how Kokichi was able to predict when our Electrohammers would die. We couldn't do much anymore, and I knew that was true. Our only way to have a chance at defeating the Exisals were now dead and needed to be recharged.
"Don't glare at me like thaaat," Kokichi said as he seemed to wince from Kaito's glare, "punching me won't solve anything either, y'know? You can't resurrect the dead... but (y/n) can~! It's too bad that the human race is long gone aside from us! The Earth will never go back to the way it once was, riiight?"
I was snapped out of my dumbfound shock when Kokichi said my name. Saying that Kaito couldn't resurrect the dead...saying I could....therefore solidifying the fact that I was found out. I had no idea if Kaito caught on to that or if he was too angry to listen. I hoped this wouldn't end up how I thought it would. It was too dangerous to defy Kokichi.
"E-Even if you're telling the truth..." Kaito muttered, "even if you know what's behind everyone surviving... I won't be able to get over everything if I don't punch you!"
From experience and experience again, I knew Kaito would punch someone if they were getting on his nerves. Kaito had punched me around three or four times since I met him. I knew something bad would happen if Kaito ran at Kokichi. I could see Kaito glaring at Kokichi, as his body went into a stance that made him look like he was about to attack Kokichi. I couldn't let this happen. I couldn't stand here and do nothing while Kaito, someone I looked up to as a friend endanger himself.