Chapter 4 Part 25: Strange Occurrences in the Virtual World

Kokichi's POV:

The Virtual World wasn't what Miu cracked it up to be, and I knew that. I knew she was lying about the explanation she gave us to the Virtual World, and I knew what she was planning. Miu was planning on killing me, and I obviously couldn't let that happen.
Being the mastermind of this killing game, I knew very well what Miu was doing. When she talked to me before she talked to the others... that's when I got the hint that she was planning my murder... what a desperate little skank... She used a special setting on my avatar, so once she touched me... it would be game over.
I decided that I would use Gonta to kill Miu by showing him the secret of the outside world. The only thing would be that there wouldn't be a trial this time. I was using Miu's plan to prove that (y/n) was healing everyone and bringing them back to life.
I was in anticipation as I awaited the time to meet up with Miu on the rooftop. Chances were... she logged Kaito out before our meeting. I intentionally grouped (y/n), Tsumugi, Kaede, Shuichi, and the playboy to search the kitchen and dining hall to leave the entrance hall and salon bare. This was to keep myself from being seen.
The time soon ticked closer to the meeting time for Miu and I. I had a plan... and Gonta knew what his role was. He thought that I was doing this to save everyone... no... he is just a patsy for this situation. A pawn.... and a gullible one at that.
    No matter what action this game took. Even if no one has died yet... even if everyone who was supposed to be dead was dead... this was going according to plan. Gonta was going to fulfill his role in my game, and I was going to enjoy every second of it.
    'Soon I am going so see if (y/n) is behind the failure of my game...' I thought, 'nee-hee-hee~ this is going to be so much fun. I can hardly wait!'
    Soon enough, I heard footsteps come through past the salon. I was guessing it was coming from the entrance hall. I knew then that it would be my time to head to the roof. That's where Gonta would be waiting. That's where every part of my patsy murder plan would come in. It was almost time to unleash this plan.

Your POV:

I knew what I saw. I knew that I saw Miu run by the dining room window. I really wanted to go see what was going on, but Rantaro wrapped his arms around my waist, keeping me from going. He didn't want me to put myself in danger. I knew he was right.
     I've almost died a couple of times, and I knew it was driving Rantaro crazy. He probably blamed himself for what was going on. I didn't want to keep worrying him like this. I wanted to be safe for him.
    "Alright, Rantaro..." I muttered, "I won't go. I'll keep myself safe."
In response to that, I felt Rantaro's arms tighten around my waist. I felt myself blush even harder from that. Rantaro knew if he had his arms around me, I wouldn't be able to escape.
"Good," Rantaro replied, "I love you my princess, and I won't allow you to get hurt again."
I could feel myself laugh slightly in response to Rantaro's words. He was being so adorable, and I couldn't help it but laugh. He was being both cheesy and cute, and my heart couldn't stand it. Especially with his avatar, it was like I was being hugged by a chibi Rantaro.
In any case, even if I wasn't able to check the entrance hall, we should still keep looking around. It was the best thing to do... I knew we looked around twice already, but I guess I was going to triple check the dining room.
"I know you're having fun hugging me, Rantaro, but we should try to keep looking..." I muttered with a smile.
In response to my words, Rantaro seemed to chuckle slightly before letting me go. In this world, he was the same height as me, and that was the case for everyone here. He soon ruffled my hair again, causing a giggle to exit my mouth.
"Whatever you want, princess..." Rantaro told me, "let's look around again."
After that, we did look around again, doing the same exact thing we did before. We were checking the area multiple times to make sure that there was nothing to be found. We looked through the hutch and china cabinet, and we looked through the dresser. We looked under the table and rug, but there was nothing.
I honestly had no idea how much time had actually passed since we started looking. The only thing I felt like I knew was the fact that I saw Miu around ten minutes ago. We looked everywhere we were supposed to, but we came out empty handed. Maybe Shuichi and Kaede had a better time of it than we did. It was around the time that we needed to meet up with them anyway.
"Hey, I think it's probably a good idea to see how Shuichi and Kaede are doing," I said, "we've been looking around here for a long time, and we didn't even find anything. Maybe Shuichi and Kaede have better luck than we do."
"You're right (y/n)!" Tsumugi exclaimed in response with a happy look on her avatar, "Shuichi is defiantly one hell of a detective, so I'm positive that they could've found something!"
"I do agree that we've been looking here long enough to hold a meeting on what we found," Rantaro explained, "so why don't we just go into the kitchen to discuss it?"
"I think we should do that," I laughed nervously, "the kitchen may be smaller, but there are probably more areas to look because of pantries and stuff..."
    "I guess that's something I never thought of..." Tsumugi replied, "I guess you would know that because you actually enjoy cooking and even took classes for it."
    "Yeah, I did..." I laughed nervously in response, "but thing is I'm sure this kitchen isn't a commercial grade one... commercial grade kitchens are much bigger, and they have more areas for pans, food, and other things."
    "Princess, as much as I would love to hear your experiences in those classes, we still do have a job to do," Rantaro told me, "we need to meet up with Shuichi and Kaede."
    I nodded in response to my boyfriend's words. I knew he was right. Sometimes I got a little carried away with talking about things I liked, and I knew that very well. I knew we needed to focus on meeting up with Shuichi and Kaede.
    "Alright, let's go," I said with a happy expression on my avatar.
    After that was said, we all walked through the doors of the Kitchen. When I walked in, I noticed a counter tip for with a sink in front of me. To the left of the sink, the countertop was marble looking with a couple of golden plates on it. That said counter was also in the corner, so it more or less was shaped with the corner. After that corner, there was a black stove that had three burners. There was a copper colored pot on one, a silver colored pot on the middle one, and finally a golden kettle on the last burner.
    To the left of the stove, in the corner was a pantry filled with baking ingredients and spices from the looks of it. I could see the flour and the sugar in any case. Those were the main things I noticed about the kitchen.
    In the center of the kitchen, Kaede and Shuichi stood there, seeming to speak to each other. They both looked pretty bummed out in my opinion. That was at least how their avatars looked. Maybe they didn't find anything...
    "How'd your search go, Shuichi, Kaede?" Tsumugi asked.
    "We weren't able to find anything, sadly..." Kaede muttered, "what about you three? Did you guys have any luck?"
    "No... it was the same," Tsumugi muttered, "we all checked every corner, and even under the rug of the table, but we came out empty handed. I'm starting to wonder if Monokuma was lying to us."
    "I feel the same way..." I muttered, "we were told that there was something on this world, but we can't even find it... I'm starting to think that we were lied to."
    I mean, it did make sense. I should've know that the way Monokuma was talking to us was suspicious. Perhaps because there was so much going on, I didn't pay any mind to that, looking back on it. Kokichi also seemed to be the one asking if Monokuma had bait which was also suspicious. Monokuma seemed slightly confused when he replied to Kokichi.
It was almost as if Kokichi was the one who was steering that whole conversation. That much seemed to be obvious to me, but the real question was why... why was Kokichi so adamant that we go to the Virtual World? I didn't even know why. Maybe that had something to do with why I saw Miu outside of the dining room window, but those occurrences couldn't be related... right?
It still bothered me. I had no idea why I saw Miu out there, and I knew I wasn't the only one who was confused on the matter as well. Tsumugi had to be bothered by it as well. She had to be concerned. I wasn't the only one who saw it, so there was no doubt in my mind that I really saw her. I knew I had to tell Shuichi and Kaede.
"(y/n), Tsumugi..." Kaede muttered, "you guys look like something's bothering you..."
"You could tell that, even with the avatar expressions...?" I asked in response to that, "well, something has been bothering me."
"Yeah, something's been bothering me as well..." Tsumugi muttered.
"Whatever it is, you know you can tell us, right?" Kaede asked in response.
"Yeah I know," I replied, "I was going to tell you guys anyway."
Rantaro seemed to glance over at me as I said those words. He looked like something was on his mind. I honestly didn't know what it was that was on his mind, but chances were... he was trying to get a grasp on why we saw Miu.
"I thought it was my imagination at first, but I found out that (y/n) saw it too, so I know it was true..." Tsumugi explained nervously, "but... there is a small window in the dining room. Around ten minutes ago, when (y/n) were lifting the rug to check under it, we had the window in view. We looked through it, and..."
"We saw Miu..." I muttered.
In response to hearing that Tsumugi and I saw Miu, both Kaede and Shuichi had exclamation points over their avatars. They looked shocked about it, and I defiantly understood why.
"You guys saw Miu?" Shuichi asked, "but she should be in the chapel..."
"The bridge was also gone, so Miu shouldn't have been able to cross!" Kaede said in response.
"I honestly don't know how Miu got here, but maybe I am crazy..." I muttered, "maybe it was my imagination. Either way, I wanted to say something to let you all know—"
I was cut off by a loud crashing noise echoing through the mansion. The loud sound verberated through my body as I felt myself start to shake. The sound itself sounded like it didn't come from the mansion, but it seemed to come very close by. I didn't exactly like loud noises, and I could feel myself wince from the loudness. What was that sound, and where did it come from...?
    Everyone in the kitchen had a similar reaction as all of us had exclamation points over their respective avatars. The crashing noise we heard was very real, and it shocked all of us. That noise sounded like something was hitting something with extreme force... that noise couldn't be anything being knocked over, it was way too loud for that.
    "Ah!?" Shuichi exclaimed.
    "Please tell me that I wasn't the only one who heard that..." Kaede muttered.
    "No, we did..." Rantaro muttered, "I'm just wondering what that sound was just now."
    "Wh-What!? What was that sound!?" Tsumugi exclaimed.
    "I-I don't know!" I exclaimed in response, "it sounded like something was hit pretty hard outside..."
    "I agree," Shuichi replied, "it sounded as if something was struck very hard. It came from outside, but..."
    I knew one thing. This whole ordeal startled everyone, even Rantaro. He was normally calm in most situations, but he even was shocked when we all heard that noise. He was acting more calm now, but I knew that he must've been nervous about something. We needed to see what was going on. If everyone in our group went, then there would be less of a chance of being in danger to whatever happened.
    "Guys, we need to go look!" I exclaimed.
    "I agree," Rantaro replied, "we need to see what's going on."
    "I agree with that as well," Kaede replied, "Shuichi, Tsumugi, let's go."
    "Alright, Kaede," Tsumugi muttered.
    "O-Okay," Shuichi replied.
    We all left in a hurry through the doors of the kitchen. We each had to go through one at a time because it was how the Virtual World was. I wanted to see what was going on. Soon enough, we were all in the dining room, and we had to go to the entrance hall.
    There was obviously nothing in the dining room because Rantaro, Tsumugi, and I looked through it. We all hurried to the doors that led to the entrance hall, all of us passing the window that Tsumugi and I saw Miu through. One at a time, we each went through the door to enter the entrance hall.
    After we all exited the dining room and entered the entrance hall, I looked around. I wasn't the only one who was looking around, because I saw everyone else with me looking around as well. It looked to me that there was nothing suspicious in here. That meant that the sound we heard defiantly came from outside.
    "Nothing in the entrance hall..." Shuichi muttered, "something outside, perhaps?"
    "Maybe that sound was something falling off the roof?" Tsumugi asked in response.
    Was it even possible for something to fall off the roof? Kaito was supposed to be searching the roof, so I didn't know it was possible. I guess anything could happen, but nothing was set in stone yet.
    "Guys, we should check outside to see what's going on," Kaede explained, "we can't assume anything until we know all of the information."
    "Yeah, Kaede is right," I replied, "for now, we should go outside and check—"
"O-Oh no!" I heard Keebo's voice exclaim.
    I could feel an overwhelming amount of shock course through my body in response to what I just heard. Like what happened when we heard the crashing noise, everyone in my group had exclamation marks over their respective avatars.  It was obvious that we were all shocked once more, and it was for good reason as well.
    "What!?" Shuichi exclaimed.
    "That was Keebo's voice, right?" Tsumugi asked, "I think I heard him outside! He sounded close!"
    Tsumugi was right when she said that. Keebo did sound close, but that didn't make any sense. From what we saw in terms of the Virtual World's layout, the chapel was pretty far away from the mansion. Keebo was supposed to be in the chapel, so there was no way we could've heard him. I found my head spinning from all of these confusing occurrences.
    "Shouldn't Keebo be in the chapel though?" Kaede asked, "it doesn't make sense... why...?"
    "I think the best course of action is to go outside..." I muttered.
    "(y/n) is right," Rantaro replied, "it'll be way faster if we see ourselves what is happening."
    "Right," Shuichi replied.
    We all made our way through the entrance hall and to the door that led outside. I knew it was going to be cold, but there was more important things that was happening. One at a time, we all walked outside, and I almost instantly felt the coldness of the outside. As soon as we got outside, I looked to the left to see Gonta. He looked shocked to see us.
    "Oh!" Gonta exclaimed, "Shuichi, Kaede, Rantaro, and (y/n)!"
    "Gonta, did you see Keebo around here anywhere?" Shuichi asked.
    "N-No, Gonta not see him," Gonta replied.
    "How is that possible?" I asked nervously, "I heard his voice, and it sounded pretty close by."
    "Could it be that something fell off the roof then!?" Tsumugi asked, "you heard that loud noise, right!?"
    "O-Oh..." Gonta muttered in response, "Gonta hear noise,  but Gonta not see anything."
    I wondered what Gonta meant by that. I heard something crash somewhere, and I heard Keebo's voice. I thought it was close by. Maybe I was wrong about that. Kaito was supposed to be on he roof, and Gonta told us he didn't see anything. And, if Kaito heard something on the roof, he would tell us right away. I wondered what was going on.
    These were such strange occurrences. Tsumugi asked what we should do about this, and the only logical thing would be to see why Keebo screamed. Shuichi seemed to have the same idea, telling us that we should find out why he screamed. It was then that we all decided to head to the chapel. We needed to see what was going on.
    Soon enough, we all decided to head for the chapel. I wondered how we would get across without the bridge. Miu accidentally pushed it into the river, so how were we going to cross? I didn't even know where the signboard went off to after that moment.
We went down the stairs of the mansion and followed the trail to get to the dock. We moved quickly because needed to know that what was happening. The thing that seemed weird to me also was the fact that I didn't see Kokichi anywhere... maybe he didn't hear the noise in the salon.
As soon as we got to the river, I saw the group of the chapel standing from across the river, waiting for us. Angie, Kirumi, Keebo, Himiko, Maki, Ryoma, and Tenko were specifically there. If they heard that sound to, then they must've been shocked as well. Also... if Keebo was across the bridge, how did I hear his voice earlier... it didn't make any sense.
"Guys, perfect timing!" Keebo exclaimed, "is there anything over there that can serve as a bridge!?"
"Huh...? Keebo's over there?" Tsumugi asked in response, "then what was that shouting I heard earlier?"
"Hey, we should hurry and find something else to replace the bridge with," Maki replied angrily.
"Y-Yeah!" Himiko exclaimed in response, "we might be able to make it in time!"
"Himiko is right!" Tenko shouted, "we need to hurry, so we can make it in time!"
When I heard those words, I couldn't help but ask myself what they meant. It was strange. All of these things happening right now. What did we need to hurry to make it in time for...?
"Make it in time?" Shuichi asked, "what do you mean—"
    Shuichi was cut off by the sound of footsteps coming closer and closer to our group. Looking behind me, I saw that Kokichi was now there. I jumped slightly from the shock of seeing him. I wondered where he was and why it took so long for him to show up.
    "What happened?" Kokichi asked, "why are you guys making such a scene?"
    "K-Kokichi!" I exclaimed.
    Kokichi replied to me by explaining that he didn't see anyone in the dining room, so he went to look for us. He then laughed about the fact that we were all in trouble, considering Miu dropped the bridge. Keebo told Kokichi that this wasn't a time for laughter because we needed a bridge. Kokichi then told us that the bridge was over here. I was slightly confused when he said that, and I wasn't the only one.
    Kokichi then told our group to follow him, and we did. Soon enough, Kokichi led us to an area that was down from the steps that led to the mansion entrance. There was a sort of cliff looking area that separated us from being able to get to the mansion. We soon found a familiar looking signboard on a boulder in the river. Kokichi seemed to rub in that he was right as he asked if that signboard was the same one Miu dropped.
Tsumugi told Kokichi that he was right, explaining that it got swept away. I knew it did get swept away, but how did it get here? It went downstream, and it should have been somewhere else. Why were these strange things happening. I couldn't get my mind around it.
Gonta soon offered to carry the signboard. After offering, he leaned over the river to get the signboard. Soon enough, the makeshift bridge was in the hands of Gonta's avatar. After this happened, Kokichi told everyone to meet up with the others now that this was out of the way. Kokichi led the way again, and I heard Rantaro sigh in response to it. It seemed like he didn't like Kokichi leading everyone.
Even though my boyfriend seemed pretty sour, he still followed him along with everyone else in the group, including myself. We went back the way we came to get back to everyone else. They were patiently waiting for us to get back with the signboard. Everyone else on the side of the river the chapel was on were probably were upset that they couldn't do anything but wait.
Soon enough, we got back to everyone else who was across the river. Gonta walked up the dock and asked if all he had to do was place the signboard over the river. Gonta then asked if a thin signboard would be sturdy enough. Kokichi yelled out that it was made of sturdy wood, and asked him if he could put the board down. I was appalled that Kokichi would yell at Gonta like that, as Gonta placed the signboard down with a nervous look on his face.
One by one, everyone who was on the chapel side crossed. I noticed something when everyone crossed. Miu was missing. I had no idea where she was. Even though she was rude to the others... I hoped she was okay. I needed to ask the others what was going ok when they crossed. Angie was the last one to cross and as soon as she did... I decided to ask.
"Guys, what's going on!?" I exclaimed.
"Miss, (y/n), we will explain to you all later," Kirumi replied, "we need to log out now though. We shouldn't dottle any more than we have to..."
"Log out?" Shuichi asked in response.
After that question was asked, Kokichi was silent for a moment as I saw him look around. Maybe Kokichi noticed that Miu was missing as well. I had no idea to know that for sure.
"Huh?" Kokichi asked, "where's Miu?"
"S-Something happened to her!" Himiko exclaimed.
"H-Himiko is right!" Tenko shouted, "something awful happened!"
"What happened?" Rantaro asked.
"We're not sure, but her avatar isn't moving," Keebo replied, "maybe something happened in the real world that's preventing her from moving it."
I was scared. When Keebo explained that Miu's avatar wasn't moving, I couldn't help but think of the worst. Kokichi mentioned that this looked bad. In his words, we needed to get to the salon ASAP. I defiantly agreed with that.
     Kokichi sped off before any of us could follow. Maki and Ryoma walked up to Shuichi and I as they asked where Kaito was. I realized that we were so much in a hurry that we didn't check the roof. Maki told us we were colder than she thought before her and Ryoma ran off. I couldn't help but feel awful about that. I didn't mean to not check the roof for Kaito... Maki probably ran of to check the rooftop.
    Soon, Tenko told all of us to hurry, so the rest of us headed to the mansion in a hurry. We went down the trial and up the steps that led to the entrance of the mansion. One by one, we all walked in to the mansion entrance hall. As soon as we all got inside, I noticed that Maki and Ryoma were waiting for Shuichi and I. Everyone else went ahead into the salon. Shuichi asked if Maki and Ryoma checked the rooftop, and that's when they told us that Kaito wasn't there. I was confused on how that could be. I even found out that Maki and Ryoma tried calling Kaito's name. There was no answer.
    I wondered where Kaito went, and Maki said that he just probably logged out first. Maki then mentioned not to worry. Kaito was stupid enough to get himself killed, but she knew he wouldn't really die. I wondered why she said that. After that, she and Ryoma walked into the salon room. I probably didn't need to worry about Kaito. Even though he could be naive sometimes, I knew he would be okay. Either way, I need to hurry up and log out. I needed to make sure Miu was okay.
Shuichi and I both went into the salon room, but we still had to go in one at a time. As soon as I walked in, I saw Kokichi, Gonta, Rantaro, Tsumugi, and Shuichi. Everyone else was logged out aside from us.
"Hold on, Shuichi and my beloved (y/n)," Kokichi said, "we can only log out one person at a time."
"...Gonta have next turn," Gonta said as he walked to the phone, "um... So Gonta just say name and someone come get him?"
"Who cares?" Kokichi asked angrily, "just do it already."
"Um..." Gonta muttered, "Gonta Gokuhara..."
After that, Gonta disappeared. So that's what it looked like to log out. Shuichi said as much. The avatars disappeared as soon as someone logged out, and Kokichi defiantly noticed that. According to him, Miu's avatar was still here and unmoving. I was really hoping she was okay. He asked what that meant as Tsumugi logged out the same way Gonta did.
That was the ladder... as soon as Tsumugi said her name, her avatar disappeared and Rantaro gave me a hug before he too logged out of the Virtual World. Shuichi was told to log out before Kokichi by Kokichi. Shuichi soon logged out as well in response to those words, and that only left Kokichi and I in the Virtual World.
    "I'm sure my beloved (y/n) would be worried about Miu," Kokichi said with a happy expression on his avatar, "so go ahead, log out."
    I could feel myself grow slightly nervous in response to his words. I knew I had to log out. I slowly walked to the telephone that would be the only means to leave the Virtual World. As I was about to grab the telephone to say my name, I was stopped in my tracks.
    "Oh, wait!" Kokichi exclaimed, "now that we're alone, I wanna tell you something."
    "W-What is it...?" I asked in response, "I need to hurry and log out, so I can make sure Miu is okay..."
    In response to my words, Kokichi got closer to me. It wasn't like he was only getting close enough to talk to me. He was inches away from me, his avatar being the same height as mine. This was an uncomfortable position for me as I could feel his breath against my avatar's face.
    "You're very interesting," Kokichi told me.
    "W-What...?" I asked in response.
    "So, how about you stop hanging around with that stupid playboy, and be mine instead? I think I can be very interesting to you, too...y'know? I can help you save everyone and be by your side doing it. You do wanna save everyone, riiiiight?"
    I felt anger course through me. I felt like Kokichi was trying to use me... he wanted me to stop hanging out with my boyfriend and be *his* instead. He was using the fact that I wanted to save everyone against me. Why did I feel like he knew more than he was letting on...? I picked up the phone without hesitation.
    "(y/n), (l/n)..." I muttered.
    After that... I logged out, and all I saw was black. I left the Virtual World, angry with what Kokichi said. I left him behind to log out himself... It was like I woke up from the weirdest dream and had all of the memories in detail....

Kokichi's POV:

    I wanted to give my beloved a chance to accept my feelings. I wanted to give her a chance to be mine of her own free will, but now I see that didn't work. When she left the NEO World Program with an angry look on her face, I couldn't help it but giggle.
    "Nee-heehee...aw, I got rejected," I muttered, "but I won't give up that easily. When I find someone I like, I'd do anything to get them to notice me...even strangle them."
    After saying that, I walked up to the phone and logged myself out. My plan was working perfectly, and soon it would be the moment of truth. Once I proved to myself that it was my beloved that was cheating... everything would soon go my way... and I had to use the corpse of a trashy whore as bait.

Hey guys! We are finally going back into the real world! We had five chapters in the Virtual World, but now the real events happen! I'm so excited to see your reactions to what's gonna happen next week! I'm excited to write it!

I hope you all enjoyed today. I do apologize for this update being later in the day than usual. I work now, so I had to finish this when I got home. I hope it was worth the wait.

I still need the Fanart predictions. If I don't get any soon, then I'll just close it next week. I've had bad art block, and I need an excuse to draw... and now I'm playing animal crossing and I'm addicted...

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Chapter five is coming soon, and that means the end of this story is drawing near. Thank you all for joining me for three, going on four years of this story. I'll see you all next week! Ciao— yuki_no_fuyu