Chapter 3 Part 3: Korekiyo's Lab Discovered

Your POV:

    I spent a little while talking to Rantaro while the others were investigating the empty rooms. Once they got back, they told us everything they discovered about the rooms.
    According to them, the floorboards were a little bit unstable because cross pieces were used underneath them. There was also a hole found at the corner of the room. If I ever went in there, I'd defiantly avoid that.
    We all decided that we didn't need to search the other rooms. They were basically the same thing. They were all empty aside from some candles lighting up the room a little bit.
We had to continue our search. We walked away from the three rooms. We made our way to a door that looked like a traditional Japanese door.
'This must be another Ultimate Lab...' I thought, 'I should take a look inside...'
"I wonder who's lab this is..." I said with a nervous smile.
"We will find out once we get inside," Rantaro replied.
I opened the door to get inside of the lab. It looked like some sort of library. It was a little bit eerie though.
There were valuable objects stored in shelves and cases. Some of the objects even seemed very rare. This was defiantly Kiyo's Lab. Who else would have a room that looks like a museum?
"It would appear this is my lab. The Ultimate Anthropologist's Lab," Kiyo stated in bliss, "it's so wonderful, my face contorts with glee. Not even university labs are so well-stocked."
    I honestly wondered one thing as I looked around. Who the heck brought all of this stuff here? As much as I tried to think about it, I realized that this place as a whole didn't make sense.
    How stupid items unlocked new areas in this place made no sense. The Monokubs made no sense. Nothing at this school made sense to anyone.
    There was just no point for me to think about it anymore. I just had to deal with the lack of physics in this school.
    I decided to look around the lab. I walked over to what looked to be an open glass case. There was a large, wooden dog statue inside. It also looked very old. Something did feel weird about it though. It had this strange feeling swirling around it, making me shiver as I decided to look at it.
    "Th-That's...!" I heard Kiyo exclaim.
    I looked behind me to see Kiyo. He was sweating slightly. I wondered why. Was he excited, or scared of this thing? I had no way of telling unless he says something else.
    "Ooh! Can it be!? I never could've dreamed that this truly existed!" Kiyo exclaimed.
    This told me that Kiyo was excited. He was shivering in excitement. He reached towards the statue I was looking. He slowly removed the white fabric on the pedestal. Kiyo revealed a metal cage that was under the dog statue. It was covered by the white fabric. I wondered what this would be for.
"Ooh! There's even a cage! This is perfect!" Kiyo exclaimed.
I honestly wondered why Kiyo was saying this. What made this statue, cage, and cloth so perfect? That's what I wanted to know.
"Perfect? For what?" Shuichi asked, "what are the statue and cage for?"
"Kehehe... I never thought I would be able to touch the real thing in all my life," Kiyo explained, "today is a momentous day, indeed..."
Kiyo was so focused on the statue and cage, he didn't even listen to what Shuichi told him. I never saw Kiyo *this* happy. It was honestly slightly creepy seeing him so happy about finding a dog statue and cage.
I decided to let that fact go and look around some more. I looked over to an exhibition case, and I saw something inside. It was shining slightly, so I decided to walk closer to see what was inside.
In the case, I found a golden katana. It was honestly very beautiful. I could tell that the sword was a bit older because it was rusted in some places. The sword looked to be about a yard long as well. The sword was still sharp as well.
As I was looking at the sword, my mind was focused on the golden color of the handle and scabbard. Was there real gold covering the sword? If that were the case, this sword would be very valuable. I just couldn't take my eyes off of the sword.
    Kiyo noticed I couldn't keep my eyes off of the golden sword. I wasn't the only one who was drawn to the sword. Shuichi and Kaede were drawn to it as well.
    Kiyo explained to us that the katana was just covered in gold leaf. This slightly disappointed me because a huge part of me wanted the handle and scabbard to be made of solid gold, but it wasn't.
    According to Kiyo, the katana has a lot of anthropological value. In certain rural areas, that katana was used to defeat generals that were viewed as gods in war, according to Kiyo.
    I honestly was surprised by this fact because I wouldn't imagine a sword covered in gold leaf would be very fun to fight with. The gold leaf would probably peel off and stick to the hands of whoever was using it.
    "That is one such katana," Kiyo said happily, "it is an extremely precious relic necessary to spread—"
    "Whoa! That's a super rad katana! I wanna take a look-see!"
    My eyes instantly went wide when I heard someone say that. I knew who it was all too well. It was Kokichi. He must've been eavesdropping on what Kiyo was saying. Now, he wanted to see the katana.
    And... I was right... he went in between us and grabbed the katana from the case. That wasn't even a good idea to do because of what was covering the handle.
    "Wait," Kiyo said nervously, "you mustn't touch it without—"
    "Don't worry, I'll be super careful with it!" Kokichi exclaimed in response, "...Would I lie to you?"
Kokichi completely ignored what Kiyo was saying. The warning was there for a reason, and that reason was because gold leaf flakes easily. Kokichi unsheathed the blade of the katana. That not only gave him a better look, but it also gave everyone else a better look.
Along with the scabbard and handle, the blade of the sword was gold plated. It made the sword come together more now that I knew that all of it was golden.
"Now this katana is the real deal. It's even gold-plated for that authentic look!" Kokichi exclaimed, "hmm, I see... It could also be used as a murder weapon."
"Kokichi...that is an extremely precious relic. Please do not treat it so lightly, or......I will tear out your nerves," Kiyo explained.
"O-Okay, I get it... Please don't make such scary threats..." Kokichi cried as he made a face with a terrified expression.
Kokichi then re-sheathed the sword and handed it to Kiyo. I got a look at his hands and I shook my head in pure disappointment.
'I knew the gold leaf came off easily...' I thought.
Kokichi then took a look at his hands and he started balling his fists repeatedly.
"Ew! My hands are all sticky! That gold plating flakes off so easily!" Kokichi exclaimed.
"That's why Kiyo didn't want you to touch it..." I replied in irritation.
"I guess that's what makes it an authentic katana though..." Kokichi replied.
    Kiyo told Kokichi that the katana was old, so the gold leaf does come off easily. That's exactly what I thought too since it looks old as well.
    Kiyo the. Proceeded to scold Kokichi for touching his things without permission. I thought this was needed too, considering how much he just goes wherever he wants and does what he pleases. He needed to be scolded about this, so I agreed with Kiyo.
    After that, I decided to look around the room more. In another display case, there was some sort of old looking book. There were other books on book shelves, but this one was in a display case, so it must've been a relic as well.
    The book looked like it was bound by hand. That did tell me that this book was some sort of antique. It also looked old as well.
"This one looks like it was bound by hand..." I muttered to myself.
"Can it truly be!?" Kiyo exclaimed.
I was honestly shocked by this. Kiyo normally wasn't loud or surprised by much. He seemed to be very surprised about whatever this book was. Kiyo looking alarmed, ran to me to get a closer look at what I was looking at.
Kiyo took the book from the display case to examine it more. Why was Kiyo so shocked about the book?
"Why are you so shocked?" Rantaro asked curiously.
"It *is*... H-How amazing! It's actually real!" Kiyo exclaimed.
    Kiyo completely blew off what Rantaro asked. He seemed to only pay attention to the hand bound book he was observing. What was so special about it?
    "What is that book, Kiyo?" Kaede asked curiously.
    "It is...an extremely precious document," Kiyo explained, "this book is a history of the fabled Caged Dog Village, and said to have been destroyed long ago."
I honestly wondered what the Caged Dog Village was. Even in history class before I got here, I never heard of something like this. I had a confused look on my face as I thought about what it could be.
"The *Caged Dog Village*?" Shuichi asked.
"The Caged Dog Village had a reputation for using many dark arts and spells..." Kiyo explained in response to Shuichi's question, "the Village was destroyed at the hands of a feudal lord who feared their power..."
'What kind of village is this?' I thought, 'well... I guess it's not impossible for dark arts and magic considering my case...'
I still was curious on this village. It was supposedly a village that did dark magic. Did their spells work? That was something I was very curious about. What Kiyo was saying was fascinating.
"But one girl—the lone survivor—risked her life to write this book," Kiyo explained, "which means...this is all her hand writing."
"What kind of author could lose their life from a book?" Kaede asked.
"Because of the dark arts and magic..." Kiyo replied, "if the survivor wrote spells, it could very well cost her her life to write."
I guess that did make sense to me. Dangerous information in that book could probably kill someone. It depended if those spells worked.
"This book is an extremely precious one-of-a-kind relic that has been soaked in her bitter grudge," Kiyo explained.
If it was one-of-a-kind like Kiyo said, then that means the book must be very valuable. It could very well be the only one in existence. I just wondered how a rare book like this even got here. That's something I've been questioning since I was brought here.
"So it is that valuable, huh?" Rantaro asked.
"On top of that, since the book has such a reputation, there are a few copies," Kiyo explained in response, "since I was fortunate enough to obtain one of those copies, I have already memorized it."
    I could now understand why Kiyo was so happy to see the original book. He had a copy of it, and he must've been dying to see the real thing.
    While Rantaro and Korekiyo were talking, I decided to wander around a little more. I saw the shelves full of books and I saw some folklore tales and myths. It was interesting to say the least.
    As I was looking at one of the Greek Mythology books on the shelf, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I looked behind me to see Rantaro smiling down at me.
    "I think we checked everything out in here," Rantaro told me.
    "Alright, we should check around the floor to see if there's another room," I replied.
    With that, out group went to leave Kiyo's Lab, Kokichi being a slight addition.
    "By the way, (y/n)..." Kiyo told me as I was walking out the door, "would you like to lend your ear to the voices of the dead?"

Well another chapter is out! I hope you guys enjoyed this one. It was based on Kiyo's Lab the whole time. And I'm going to cry tonight. I'm a senior and it's my last time marching on the football field. Pray for me...- CRUSIFIXdroid