Chapter 5 Part 24: Secret Conversation

(Note: Pictures I use belong to their respective owners, I didn't draw this image. The only time it's a drawing of mine is if I say it is ^^)

Your POV:

    So much was going on right now, and I didn't even know how to feel anymore. Kokichi was gone, and Maki was here, and the conversation going on...provided a lot of confusion on my end. The conversation topic obviously being myself and Rantaro... and what Kokichi was doing after I passed out was being told to me as well.
    Previously, I had vented my feelings to Maki on why Rantaro must've been avoiding me, however, Maki explained that as a trauma response from myself. She didn't think it was healthy, and she was right. That's why I felt like that was the reason for Rantaro avoiding me, but she assured me that it wasn't.
     She explained that Rantaro told her the true answer on why he was avoiding me, but she wanted him to tell me when he wanted to. I knew that I'd have to bring up what I was doing as well. The important thing was that when Maki told me that she wanted him to tell me when I got out of her... they were definitely planning something to get me out of here.
    While I was feeling more joyed at the thought of getting out of here... I knew it was going to be awkward once I saw Rantaro. So much has happened in the past few days. Maki was assuring me that it wasn't my fault, but I knew that what I was doing was wrong. I knew I couldn't just put all of my self worth into him. I knew that now.
    "Hey, (y/n)," Maki told me, "I know it's not any of my business, but you should talk to him about what you told me. Communication is important in any relationship, so if you want any chance of this relationship being mended... you need to communicate your feelings, even if it's awkward..."
    I knew Maki was right about that. Communication was important in any relationship. She wanted me to talk to him about what was going on. However this whole Rantaro thing wasn't the only thing I could focus on. I had to focus on how I could deal with Kokichi.
     "I-I know that..." I muttered, "I just don't know how I can keep myself strong with Kokichi constantly telling me things that cause me to break down..."
    In response to my words, Maki had a stone cold glare on her face. I knew it wasn't supposed to be directed at me. There was a better chance that she was angry about what I said about Kokichi. Maki didn't really like him, and now that he exposed himself as the mastermind...
    "Hearing about that bastard being able to mouth off really pisses me off..." Maki muttered, "and as much as it angers me, I do have to go. I have no idea what Kokichi is doing or when he'll be back. There's a good chance he's sitting comfortably while watching everyone..."
    My mood was starting to decline even more when Maki told me that she had to go. I knew why she had to, so I couldn't keep her from leaving. I couldn't risk her getting hurt by Kokichi. I couldn't risk anyone else getting hurt by Kokichi.
"I-I understand," I told Maki, "I don't want to get you guys hurt."
"Make sure you keep this chat of ours a secret from him as long as possible," Maki stated, "I know I can trust you to do that."
I knew I had to keep this a secret from Kokichi. I had no idea where he was, but there was a chance that he was watching. All I could do was nod in response to her words. I knew she had to leave, but it was nice to be able to talk to someone for at least a little bit. Even if it wasn't a long discussion, it was enough for me. It was enough for me to try and keep myself from submitting to him and his plans.
"I'll see you later..." Maki muttered.
After I heard those words leave Maki's mouth, I heard her footsteps grow farther and farther away from the hanger window. I sunk down slightly after I heard her leave. It was sad to see her leave, but I couldn't rely on her or anyone else to keep me strong. I knew everyone was an influence on staying strong, but I had to do it for me.
After a few moments of sitting in front of the window, I moved myself back to the area I was in before Kokichi left. I had to use my knees to shuffle myself on the cold tile floor, but it was the only way I could really move. My arms and hands were aching from behind me as I tried to move them around for a bit. The cold metal of the handcuffs scraped against my hands. I had to deal with this pain for a little while longer. I had to tough it out.
"All I can do is wait..." I muttered to myself, "but despite everything that has happened and what was revealed... why don't I want to wait...?"
I was confused. Maybe the talk I had with Maki was something that I needed. So many things seemed to be cleared up even though I was hesitant to believe it. I didn't want to wait and do nothing or blame myself for someone's actions. How could I have known Kokichi's motives before? Thinking about it logically... it wasn't my fault that this happened... or at least I thought that was the case.
Right now, I still had no idea what I could do aside from wait. I needed to stay strong until I could figure that out. I needed to help the others with what they were trying to do somehow. Keeping quiet would be the best course of action. I knew what I had to do for now though. All I needed to do was keep my resolve high.
    I still couldn't really do anything even though I wanted to. There was one thing I could do to try and get my energy back. That was trying to get a little bit of sleep despite the circumstances. That was pretty much all I could at the moment...
    I closed my eyes as I made myself curl into a ball on the floor. I couldn't move my arms, so I had to deal with that. As soon as I closed my eyes however... I felt restless. I couldn't fully relax myself even if I wanted to.
    A little bit of time went by, and it was the same result. Thoughts were flooding my head, what Kokichi told me before was repeating in my head as if it were on loop. My mind was active, and these negative thoughts kept going through my head... I had to bear with it though. There wasn't anything I could do about the handcuffs around my hands. There wasn't anything I could do right now about being trapped in this bathroom. Right now, I needed to regain my energy... and that was one of the hardest things I could do in a situation like this.