Chapter 5 Part 27: A Potential Mistake

Your POV:

I thought that falling into a cold sleep was easy enough when I did. With the nighttime announcement starting at 10 pm, and Kokichi talking to me after, I was able to fall asleep. What I didn't realize at the time was that said "cold sleep" would be a perfect place to inhibit nightmares.
I thought I was in a cold sleep, but soon, my mind started to play imagery that I couldn't exactly control unless I was lucid dreaming. I didn't even think it was possible to sleep in the situation I was in, more or less dream. Anything was possible at this point though.
Images of every one of my friends here were prominent in my dream. Rantaro was prominent as well, and I was spending time with him in the dream as if our relationship was back to normal. We were holding hands, roaming the halls of the school as well as spending time with every one of my friends here. Everyone was getting along, but one thing I did notice but failed to comprehend was the fact that Kokichi wasn't there.
The dream went like this for what felt like awhile. I looked at Rantaro with a smile before going back to my mannerisms. At that moment, the warmth of Rantaro's hand around mine was gone. I looked up to see what had happened. Rantaro somehow disappeared from where he was.
I was scared. I had no idea where he went. I was standing alone in the halls, and it wasn't just Rantaro who had disappeared. Everyone had, and I was terrified. I found myself frantically running around the school to see where everyone went. I had no idea if this was a dream or not anymore. It felt real to me. The fear I felt when everyone disappeared... it felt real.
I didn't talk while I searched the school. Everything was now way too quiet. It was awhile if searching through the halls, dining halls, and even gym. I had no luck though.
Before I could feel even more upset and stressed from not finding anyone, my body was suddenly pulled back. The force of my body being pulled back was shocking enough that my breathing started to get frantic. As my body was being pulled throughout the halls, the scenery was fading away. The feeling of my body being pushed felt like there were strings connected to my body, pulling me to an unknown location.
The scenery around me was fading to black as I was pulled away. It was a lot quicker than I thought it would be as my body suddenly stopped. The scenery had faded into complete darkness, so I had no idea where I was. The only thing I could make out was the sound of my heart beat ringing in my ears. I was panting lightly from shock, as well as trying to keep my breathing normal.
The feeling of not knowing my whereabouts... the darkness and the missing stimulation from all of my senses. I couldn't help but feel anxious as I stood there in darkness, not knowing what was in store for me at this point. I couldn't see or feel everything around me.
    It felt like I was standing in pitch darkness for awhile, standing there and letting anxiety over flood my other senses. Maybe if I called out, someone would answer.
    "Hello!" I called out, panic rising in my voice, "is anyone here?"
    As soon as the words left my mouth, brightness flooded my senses. In response to the brightness that was now flooding my eyes, I brought my hands up to cover my face. The sudden flash of light burned my eyes, but I had no choice but to get used to it.
    As soon as my sight was cleared after slowly exposing my eyes to the brightness, my hands fell to my sides. I didn't see anything in the room when I was getting used to the brightness, but I had a weird gut feeling that was telling me to not look. My eyes were closed because of this, but I knew it wouldn't be for long. As much as I wanted to listen, I couldn't.
    I opened my eyes, and almost instantly... my blood froze. I could make out metal walls, as well as the painting machine and washing machine from the Exisal Hanger. I could make out the hydraulic press but there was something different here.
    Scattered all around the Exisal Hanger, I saw the bodies of my classmates, their blood pooling on the floor of the Exisal Hanger. Kaede's body was strung up from the metal beams of the hanger. Kirumi's body was on the floor, looking like she had been pushed off from a large height and left there to die. Ryoma had a knife impaling his stomach, while Angie had a deep gash in her neck.
    Sweat rolled down my face as my body began to tremble. I could feel a sick feeling rushing to my stomach as I continued to look at the bodies of my classmates. Tenko looked battered and beaten, which was most likely her cause of death, and Miu had rope marks around her neck, signifying that she was strangled. Gonta looked like he was crushed by something heavy, most likely an Exisal, and Kaito had blood dribbling down his mouth as he laid there. It looked like he was poisoned because there was no external injury.
    No matter how hard I wanted to look away, shock kept me from doing so. It felt like an invisible force was keeping me from moving my head. I could feel bile starting to rise in my throat as I tried to keep it down. Maki's body had multiple stab marks present on her body, and Shuichi's windpipe look crushed. Kiyo had a knife in his stomach, his entrails leaking out against the cold metal floor, and Himiko's body was crumpled on the floor. Keebo was dismantled, an oil like fluid leaving his body, but there was one more person. Rantaro. His eyes were widened in shock as he not only suffered blunt force trauma, but also had multiple stab marks throughout his body. It looked like he suffered a lot.
    I was terrified and shocked. My breathing started to pick up as soon as I realized everything. Everyone was dead, and I couldn't tell whether it was real or not.