Chapter 3 Epilogue: Part 1

Your POV:

    It's been a few hours since after the confrontation of Korekiyo Shinguji. Rantaro was still in the room with me after the whole deal. Chances are, everyone needed the rest of the day just to relax and get their minds off of what happened. I knew for certain that I needed it very much so.
    Kiyo was apprehended by Gonta after he tried to hold me hostage and take my life. I was still traumatized, knowing that that almost happened.
    I could still feel the cold sharp metal that was the sickle. I could still feel the feeling of it cutting through my first layer of skin, causing my blood to ooze out in a slow motion.
    Having an injury made me think about an anime that I recently watched before getting trapped here. That anime was Cells At Work. The platelets would most likely be gathering red blood cells and keep them there until a scab would form. Anime really made me understand more of what the body does when an injury takes place.
Even though I was injured, I still had a responsibility that I needed to do at any cost. I still had to get the book from Angie and do the ritual for Ryoma. I may have been injured right now, but I know that a small cut in my neck wouldn't stop me from what needed to be done.
Another thought entered my head as I thought about situation. What would the Monokubs do? What would Monokuma do? We didn't have a trial because I brought Angie back to life. What was going to happen? Would we be able to investigate the school? I had no idea what the plan was for everyone.
All I knew is Gonta, Maki, Kirumi, and Tenko would be watching over Kiyo. They were some of the strongest people here. Chances were that they had Kiyo tied up in either the basement, or the bathroom of Ryoma's lab which was like a prison.
Flashing back to seeing the bathroom of his lab, they'd defiantly put Kiyo there because it's like a prison set up. They could've probably used a pair of handcuffs to keep him from being able to escape.
Rantaro was looking at me as thoughts were going through my head. It seemed like he was trying to figure out what I was thinking about.
"(y/n), what are you thinking about?" Rantaro asked.
"I'm just wondering where they put Kiyo to keep him from causing any trouble..." I muttered in response, "I was thinking either the basement or Ryoma's lab in the bathroom. It looks like a prison in there, and there's handcuffs..."
"You are pretty sharp, despite being cut by a sickle..." Rantaro joked.
"Do you really think it's been long enough since this happened to joke about it?" I asked I'm response.
"I'm still pissed at Kiyo for what he did," Rantaro replied, "I was just trying to lighten up the mood a little."
"It's alright, love..." I muttered with a blush.
    Rantaro seemed to develop some red color on his face after I said that. I felt kinda amazing that I was the one who made him blush for once. I smiled lightly.
    "I know you're worried about me..." I muttered, "but if putting my life on the line is what it takes to end this awful killing game, then I'll gladly do it..."
    "Are you saying this because you are suicidal?" Rantaro asked in a serious tone.
    I looked at him in confusion after he said that. Did he really think that I felt that way after all of this. He couldn't be any more further from the truth.
    "Rantaro, that's not the case anymore," I explained, "ever since I met you... ever since I met everyone... I realize I have a purpose. I realize that people do care about me, even if the past was harsh on me. I don't want to die anymore. I want to live, and I want to make sure that everyone survives."
    When I told that to Rantaro, his eyes seemed to widen in response. It seemed like I genuinely shocked him. I had no idea what his reaction would be. I had no idea what he would say or do. For a moment, he was completely silent for a few moments.
    Suddenly, Rantaro shot forward, embracing me and holding me tight. I felt a blush form on my face when he did so. I felt... loved... he made me feel loved.
    "I'm so proud of you..." Rantaro told me, "when I first met you, your self esteem wasn't very well, and you were suicidal all the time. But now... you see people care about you... you are finally seeing yourself the way I do, and I couldn't be happier..."
    I looked up at Rantaro as he hugged me. I noticed that he was smiling. That made me happy. I still was depressed, I still had issues, but I was slowly getting past them.
    "Thank you..." I muttered, "really... thank you for never giving up on me..."
    "That's what lovers do," Rantaro replied, "they support their other halves with everything they have."
    "And you are amazing at caring for others," I said, "I don't know what I'd do if you actually died..."
    "Well I'm glad I didn't," Rantaro replied, "and with this killing game, I'll do my best to stay alive to be with you."
    "And I will do my best to stay alive and escape this place, so I can help you find your family," I replied with a smile.
    Rantaro released me from the hug, and he smiled at me. In response, I couldn't help but smile back at him.
    "I'm glad Kiyo was stopped," he said, "but I plan on giving him a little beating to teach him a lesson."
    "I normally would say no, but I don't want him to try to kill someone again..." I muttered in response, "just don't hurt him too badly."
"Alright," Rantaro replied with a smile, "you're hungry, right?"
"A little actually..." I laughed as I looked to the side.
"I'll go ask Kirumi to make you something then," Rantaro told me, "do toy have any requests?"
"Miso soup and Onigiri," I replied, "those things should be light enough for me."
Rantaro laughed a little bit when I told him my request. It was like he was expecting me to say something like that for stuff I wanted to eat. I couldn't help that I was more of a person for Japanese Cuisine. It was all a part of the Otaku package.
"You really do love your miso soup and rice balls, huh?" Rantaro asked.
"Yes, I do love that stuff. It's light on the stomach, and it tastes good..." I replied.
"I'll tell Kirumi your request," Rantaro explained, "I'll be gone for a bit, so don't leave the room."
"I won't," I replied with a slight laugh.
"Alright then," Rantaro told me, "I'll see you when I get back."
"Alright," I replied with a smile.
With that said, Rantaro left the room to get the food that I requested. I found it quite endearing that he would go to all of this trouble for me. I only have a small cut on my neck, and he still wants me to relax and stay safe.
I found it as him being slightly overprotective of me. I knew that things that he knows about me. Things that I've done to keep this killing game from having a lot of casualties. I knew he wanted to protect me because I was keeping people from being brutally murdered from the temptation of this game.
I knew I had to play it safe. Twice now I was almost killed. One of the reasons was because of a so called god wanting to meet me. The other time it was me confronting the culprit, and the culprit decided to use me to try to get everyone to keep their mouths shut.
I had to find a way to be able to stop murders without the future culprit trying to put my life on the line. I knew I had to find a way to do this, or else depending on the culprit, I could very well die.
Time went by as I was alone with my thoughts on what I was going plan. I soon heard the door open, and Rantaro walked in along with Kirumi who had a cart. There were a couple of silver lids over the contents of the cart.
"Hello, (y/n), I have your miso soup and onigiri that got requested to eat," Kirumi told me, "I hope that everything is to your liking."
    Kirumi rolled the cart to my bedside. In response to that, I uncovered myself from the blankets, and I let my feet dangle from the bedside. Kirumi lifted the covers that were covering the dishes, revealing a steaming bowl of miso soup, as well as onigiri.
I could feel myself grow hungrier and hungrier as I stared at the food in front of me. My realization was the fact that I had nothing to eat today since we all were dealing with trying to stop Angie, finding her "dead", and the fact that I had to confront Kiyo about that face and almost dying while doing so.
I knew for a fact that this miso soup as well as the rice balls would be good because Kirumi always made good food for us. Eating a meal prepared by her is like eating something from a five star restaurant.
    With the food, there was a glass of water to wash it down, because you can't have a good meal without something to drink with it. I smiled lightly at Kirumi and Rantaro.
    "Thank you so much, Kirumi. This looks amazing," I said.
    "It's not an issue. If you require any of my services, I'll be there," Kirumi replied with a smile.
    I picked up one of the rice balls and took a bite. It was just as good as the last time. The rice wasn't so packed together that it was pushed into one another. The grains of rice stayed perfectly separate, as well as packed together.
     After finishing the rice ball, I decided to have some of the miso soup. The flavor was full bodied and delicate. The tofu in the soup was cooked perfectly, easily soaking in some of the broth.
"Are you enjoying the food?" Kirumi asked.
I nodded in response with a full face. There was a speck of rice stuck to my cheek while I was chewing, having no idea that was there.
Once I got done with that rice ball, I smiled at Kirumi.
"The food is always amazing!" I exclaimed.
"Hey, (y/n), you have a piece of rice stuck to your cheek," Rantaro told me.
Before I could even respond, Rantaro raised his hand up to my face, and he picked the piece of rice off my cheek. I was shocked that he did that, and it caused a deep blush of embarrassment to form on my face. This slightly reminded me of the scene in Ouran High School Host Club where Hikaru and Kaoru messes with Haruhi. She was eating a cookie, and Hikaru took a bite of the cookie while it was still in her mouth, and Kaoru licked crumbs off of her cheek.
What just happened with Rantaro and I was more of a lighter version of what happened in the anime. It made me flustered nonetheless.
"I could've gotten it off myself..." I muttered, blushing red from embarrassment.
"I know, but I wanted to get it for you," Rantaro replied.
"What a wonderful display of affection," Kirumi said with a smile.
This caused me to blush even harder. It was obvious now that I was being teased. It made me nervous. I needed to calm myself down. I took a few deep breaths before the red started to disappear.
"I swear most of you get off by teasing me..." I muttered with a pout.
"That sounds like something Miu would say," Rantaro laughed in response.
I stayed silent after Rantaro said that. I decided that I would finish the meal Kirumi made for me. The rice balls were soon gone, as well as the miso soup and glass of water. I felt satisfied when I got done eating. After today, I needed a meal.
I wiped my face with a napkin to make sure I had no rice stuck to my cheeks. I didn't want a repeat of what happened earlier. I let out a sigh of relief and smiled lightly.
"That was really good," I said, "I needed that..."
"I'm glad that you enjoyed it," Kirumi replied, "I will always be there if you need any of my services."
"You don't need to do things for me constantly. You are still your own person," I told her.
"I know that, and my choice is to be of use to others," Kirumi replied, "that's what I enjoy to do."
"Alright... if that's what makes you happy..." I muttered in response.
I couldn't change her mind. Everyone hasn't relied on her to do everything since after what happened to Ryoma. I knew that I needed to do the ritual very soon.
"Now that you're done eating, you should get some rest," Rantaro told me.
"Rantaro, you act like I have a life threatening injury, when I only have a small cup on my neck..." I said, trying to hold back my laughter.
My attempt to hold in the laughter was in vain however. I started to laugh hysterically, despite the small pain it caused for my neck because of the cut on it. Rantaro was acting like a small cut was the end of the world for me, when it would just heal up after a week or two.
It was not only funny but also touching. Rantaro really did worry about me, and it made me happy. Even if I knew I was going to be okay after what happened, Rantaro still worried for me. It was sweet and it made me even happier to be in a relationship with him. It made me happy that he worried about me, but I I knew I would get past all of this.
    "Rantaro, you're worrying too much!" I exclaimed from laughing.
    I wiped a stray tear from my eye as I looked up at my boyfriend. I was starting to calm from laughing so hard. I started breathing heavily to get air in my lungs from laughing so hard.
    "I just find it endearing that you worry so much," I said with a smile, "but I will be fine. I promise..."
    Rantaro seemed to smile lightly. I think he understood what I meant despite laughing hysterically at him being worried about me.
    "I know you'll be okay, but I can't help but worry sometimes..." Rantaro said.
"I know, but I get why you worry," I said with a smile.
I looked at Rantaro with a smile on my face. Come nighttime, I had to put a plan into effect. That plan was going to involve the process I'm bringing Ryoma back. I hoped that if I tried this, it'd work.
"Rantaro... I need you to gather some things come nighttime," I told him, "I have a plan.

I know this chapter is shorter than most, but this chapter 3 epilogue is gonna be two parts, and this is the first part. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and next week we will be getting into the resurrection plan. Stay tuned- CRUSIFIXdroid