VOTM April 29 to May 5

Is it bravery, or just newbie hazing? The dice have decided on DracoNako to climb up the tower (which you now see is covered in veins of several semi-precious stones) and face whatever frightening creature dwells inside its glittering depths.

As you pass each locked door along the staircase, soft sounds can be heard within.

A moan.

Muffled screaming.

Dub Step.

As you're starting to wonder if this is a torture chamber or a themed BDSM club, you see your first open doorway. Coming out of it is a hissing, gurgling sound. Is it a baby dragon? A man choking on his own blood? A genetically modified chicken?

You clutch your story, "Those Who Emerge from Ashes," in one arm and peer around the dark wooden door frame. There are thousands of esoteric instruments in various states of construction. A dark-haired woman sits at a table near the far window, threads of light spilling from the silver wand in her hand into a shining latticework dome on the table.

Next to her is the source of the sound: A large coffee pot that's just finishing its brew cycle. 

"Don't touch anything, I'll be done in a sec," says the anticlimatic enchantress.

Wait what?

-------------------------------------

While Draco goes to tea with this enigmatic tower dweller, the rest of us have some snooping to do!

Read 4 sections of Draco's book, listed above, leave your comments, and come back here to chat! Since Draco's only gone once so far, everyone will be on either sections 1-4 or sections 2-6. You'll only be answering the questions of the chapters you read, so here are the specifics:

For sections 1-2:

     --What do you think Dakota's task really is?
     --How did the first 2 chapters mold your expectations for the rest of the story?

For sections 3-4:

     --Now that we're getting our first real look at the other apprentices, what do you think of them?
     --How has Katalin's POV changed the way you view the scholars?

For sections 5-6:

     --How does the disparity between Katalin's chapter and how Dakota views her in chapter 5 affect how you view Katalina? What are your general impressions of Katalina?
     --How has seeing into Maka's head shaped the way you view the scholars? Is it different than how Katalin of Dakota made you feel about them? How has it changed your perception of Maka?

Very "literature studies" questions this week. Loving it! Scholarly questions for a scholarly story. Also, in regards to the little campaign we have going in these posts: The more interactions we see on here, the more personalized those little tidbits get! And if there's anything you want to see in the travel view, just let us know!