February 15 - 21 ~ Ferret and Frost

The icy wind becomes bearable as we head in that most prized direction: down. Below us stretches an evergreen forest muffled in snow, a pristine lake shining at the base of the pass. As we head down the mountain a familiar shadow passes over our party.

Kendrick lands, the ground trembling beneath his claws, and lowers our Rex to the path before lifting off in a torrent of wind and snow. With the party now back together, and Rex carrying a steaming pot in his hands (the remnants of a draconic dinner party, of course) we can move forward on our travels with full bellies and lighter steps.

The evergreen forest falls silently around us, our noses overpowered by the pine and cedar scents. The heavy boughs seem to muffle sound more than the snow, and our voices carry not at all across the needle carpeted ground.

While we explore this mysteriously silent wood, let's take a look at our missions for this week.

Ferret, with The Third Son on google docs.

Ann and Rex, you've got Chapter 2

Are the character interactions interesting?
Does Roslind have a distinct personality and voice?

Cipher, you're on Chapter 3

Do Roslind's reactions seem realistic?
Are the developing relationships enough to make the story compelling?

And Frost has Chapter 4

Obviously this isn't a horror story, but are the spooky bits still suspenseful?
Are the characters and worldbuilding enough to keep you invested even when the plot isn't obvious/straightforward?

For Frost's Discovering Clarity, questions are at the bottom of each chapter on google docs.

Cipher, you're reading Chapters 1 and 2.
Rex, you've got Chapters 3 and 4.
And Ferret, Ann, you two have Chapters 5 and 6.

Best of luck to you all, and good hunting!