>Chapter 60<

Chapter dedications to @DeFiNe_GiRlFrIeNdS28 ♥️
___________________________

Harry wakes up to a strange smell and weird noises. He opens his eyes and sits up on the couch a little confused, but then the last night's events hits him. He smiles a little, but then frowns at the hiss of pain coming from the kitchen.

He gets up and make his way to the kitchen, only to find a shirtless Louis standing in front of the counter with his arms crossed in frustration, staring down at the plate that had..... something in it.

Harry knows that the 'something' wasn't supposed to look like what it does look like which is something similar to cat poo.

"What's that supposed to be, Louis?" He asks, entering the kitchen and making his presence known to Louis at the same time.

"Um... Waffles..?" Louis says with wide eyes and a pout and Harry cackles, covering his mouth in a failed attempt to keep quiet. "Oh shut up!" Louis rolls his eyes, but blushes in embarrassment.

"T-that th-ing.." Harry splutters out his words between his laughter. "It lo-oks like SHIT!" He throws his head back, his laughter now turned into full on howls while Louis crosses his arm, glaring at the taller boy.

It takes a few minutes for Harry to calm down... if frequently bursting into short giggles out of nowhere counts. He throws away Louis' disaster of a dish in the bin before taking the bowl that supposedly had the waffle mix before rolling his eyes.

"You probably added too much milk in this." He says and Louis nods, taking the mental note as Harry adds some flour and sugar to make it smooth. "Ready. Now do you think you can take over from here?" He asks and Louis nods. "Sure?" Harry hesitates and Louis nods eagerly, grinning like a kid. "O..kay.." He hands him the bowl and leaves to get freshened up.

On his way, he decides to check on Leilani. He enters her room to see the girl fully awake, but still in her pyjamas, dancing on the bed while singing along to the song playing in her headphones.

".. you don't know oh-oH-OH! You don't know you're beautiful oh-oH-OH! THAT'S WHAT MAKES YOU BEAUTIFUL!" She yells out the lyrics before bowing down as if thanking the audience and Harry claps, making the girl notice his presence and shriek fearfully. Instead of getting up from the bow, she trips forward, falling face first on the pillow.

Harry snickers and picks the girl up in his arms who wraps herself around him like a baby koala. He helps her get rid of the headphones, placing the device on the bed and tries to look at her as she hides her face in the nape of his neck in embarrassment.

"Hey there, cupcake, it's okay. In fact, you were really good." He soothes the girl who looks up, her face red and eyes wide.

"Really?" She asks and Harry nods, grinning at the little red head.

"You were so, so, so good." He compliments and the little girl blushes.

"Thanks, papa." She smiles, snuggling more into him but he puts her down, telling her to get ready for breakfast while he go and do the same. She pouts, but agrees as Harry mentions breakfast.

___________

After twenty minutes, both Harry and Leilani get down in the kitchen, all freshened up and changed out of the pyjamas.

Harry eyes Louis who nervously smiles at him and gestures for them to sit down at the table as he goes to get the plates.

When Louis serves them the waffles, Harry smiles because the older one had taken the efforts and had tried to do his best with the topping. He had put some whipped cream and different kinds of berries, nicely chopped.

"Daddy?" Leilani speaks up, making both her dads look at her.

"Yes, doll?" Louis says as he sits at the table to dig in his own breakfast.

"Um.. why is that one waffle in your stack so.... dark?" She asks, pointing at Louis' plate who lets out a nervous laugh.

"Where? It's j-just a bit tanned...?" He stutters.

"You burnt it, didn't you?" Harry asks, crossing his arms over his chest and Louis huffs in defeat, sinking in the chair.

"I tried okay?" He argues and Leilani giggles.

"Okay, but please get that 'tanned' thing out of your plate. You can have one of mine if you want." Harry offers and Louis does, taking only a half of a waffle from the taller one's plate.

"Thanks, Hazza. What would I do without you?!" Louis exclaims dramatically.

"Starve." Leilani laughs and Louis joins her, nodding in agreement.

"We can find out." Harry mumbles, making Louis freeze and give him a hurt look, but the boy just looks down at his own plate, finishing his breakfast.

"Ehm.." Louis coughs. "How do we feel about a movie and then the fair?" He asks and Leilani squeals.

"We feel awesome!" She cheers, making Harry smile down at her.

"Okay, so for now I have to go down to the station for work, but I'll be back around noon. Then we can go for a movie and then the fair right after, sounds cool?" He asks, mostly to Harry.

"Sounds cool." Harry nods and Louis smiles and after a few minutes of silently eating, he gets up to put his empty plate in the sink.

"Alright, I'll go get ready." He says before leaving the kitchen.

"Papa?" Leilani calls out when Harry gets up to put his plate in the sink.

"Yes, love?" He asks, looking over his shoulder.

"Tell me about grandmama?" She asks hopefully and Harry smiles at the girl.

"Well her name is Anne and she's awesome. She's so kind, sweet, loving and accepting, it makes her amazing. She loves baking and even though she is always busy with work, she makes time to bake once in a while. She loves kids, so she'd love you." He says before boop-ing her nose when she comes to hand him her plate. She giggles and goes to watch TV, Harry joins her soon after.

Minutes later, Louis appears in the living room, wearing a light green button up shirt and a tight trouser.

"You look like you're going on a date." Harry comments, checking Louis out, eyes scanning his body over.

"Well I am going on a date after work." Louis shrugs and Harry rolls his eyes. "I'll see you both later." He says and walks over to the couch where both of them are sat. He leans down and kisses Leilani's head before moving towards Harry to peck his lips. "Love you both." He mumbles and goes to put his shoes on.

"Love you too, Daddy." Leilani calls out and he blows her a kiss before standing up straight, ready to leave. He stares at Harry hopefully who looks away. So he shakes his head, feeling hurt, and opens the door.

"Lou.." Harry says and Louis whips his head towards him. "Try not to get hurt again, please." He says and Louis gives him a tight smile, the hope now drained out of his body as he nods. He turns back around to leave when Harry calls again. "And.." Louis tiredly turns to him again. "I love you too." Harry says and Louis gasps before composing his posture and flashing Harry a wide grin. He leaves the house with a giddy feeling in his tummy and a stupid smile prominent on his face.

______________________

Hi!!

Thoughts on this chapter?

So as always,

Don't forget to vote and comment if you like!

♥️