>Chapter 38<

[Harry]

"I don't think this a good idea, Harry." He says reluctantly as he glances at me before looking back on the road ahead.

"And why the fuck not?" I ask in annoyance.

"I mean.. like- do you really think this is a good idea? Like.. showing up at their HQ?" He asks nervously.

"Yes. Yes, it is." I say firmly.

"I mean.. you know, they have like a lot of security on the gates and they don't let strangers in.."

"Sam, are you really that dumb or do you think that I am? We're not gonna show up from the front gate like 'Hey! Mark Tomlinson, eh? How are ya? Long time no see, buddy!' No. We're breaking in, Parker!" I announce and Samuel looks at me with wide eyes before nodding.

"Um.. I know it's not the time but.. you look hot when you're angry." He says with a smirk and I just roll my eyes.

After a while of driving, Sam clears his throat and speaks again.

"He proposed?" He asks, nodding at the ring on my finger.

"N-no.. It's just a promise ring." I whisper weakly.

I really wanted to remove the ring and throw it in the fire or something, but I couldn't bring myself to do so. Maybe all those promises meant nothing to him, but it all meant something to me. Maybe all those words were very effective or my heart was just simply too in love, but there was something that was stopping my heart from abandoning the silver band. Even if it's just a sign of his lies. If his love was a lie, then it's the most beautiful lie I've ever lived before. And the most pathetic part is, I still want him back. I want him to come back and tell me it was just a sick joke, that he was trying to play me April fool in November. That he was just kidding, that he really loved me. That it's not a lie. That he didn't break the promise.

"We're here." Sam announces and I look out of the window to see a big fort kind of a thing. It does not have any paint -which makes it look spooky as hell- and the walls are just stones with some shit written messily on it. The only thing that gives away that it is a Whitesnakes HQ is their flag on top of the fort.

"Listen, Harry," Parker turns to me. "This is the headquarters, but the bosses, as in Mark and Louis, aren't usually here. The people there inside are their men who keep a track of all the business and give the information to the bosses. Well.. if we break in, we're gonna get caught because the people in there wear a uniform kinda thing."

"They do?" I ask to make sure what I heard was right.

"Yeah." He nods and I smirk before speaking.

"That's great.. because it's not gonna get us caught, it's gonna help us hide among them." I say and he goes wide eyes.

"What?! Harry that's fucking dangerous!" He say frantically.

"Stop being a pussy, babes. I'm paying you for this, aren't I?" I say sassily.

"Yes, but what if I die in there? Who're you gonna pay then?" He's sweating by now.

"Your family. I'll pay your family to give you a grand funeral. Now follow me, bitch." And with that I get out of the car with Sam following behind.

We stay behind a tree a little away from the fort to see if there are any guards outside.

"Great. No guards. C'mon lets get in." Sam says as he starts to walk, but I pull him back harshly.

"You dumb ass! Hold on." I hiss at him before taking out my phone and opening a hidden camera detector app. It detects four cameras around the fort and I do a quick job of hacking them and freezing them on the current screen while the timer would keep going.

"That's so cool.." Sam says beside me and I smirk before winking at him. Of course it's cool. I'm no hacker, but when your parents are lawyers and work with professional detectives that visit you to give you some tips on how to find your stalker's hidden cameras, you just know this stuff.

I take a hold of his wrist and drag him towards the fort while he laughs at the fact that no camera can see us right now and I smile too. We look out for cameras on the back gate, there are none.

"What?! Can't they afford two more cameras or something?" Sam asks and I just shrug.

We walk more towards the fort and see a small gate... so small that even Louis would have to get on his hands and knees to pass that gate.

Stop thinking about him!

We walk up to the gate and see no lock but just a little latch. I grin at Parker and point towards the gate. He furrows his eyebrows at the gate before speaking.

"That's a baby gate, Harry."

"So what?"

"You think a buff guy like me can pass it?" He asks in bewilderment.

"I'll make you pass it, darling." I smile at him extra sweetly and he gulps.

We walk up to the gate and I pocket my phone before trying to unlatch the gate which is apparently difficult due to its rusting iron. It makes a loud, cringy sound when I move it a little and I hear a loud clearing of throat behind me. I roll my eyes at Sam and ignore it, continuing to unlatch the gate. I almost unlatch it when I feel a tap on my shoulder and shug it off with an annoyed grunt. Finally, I open the gate and turn around to give sam a victorious grin, but my bones freeze.

Sam is looking at me with wide eyes and a sweating forehead, a look that says 'I'm about to die and I'm scared shitless'. There are two men standing behind him wearing black jumpsuits, a black mask over their mouths which gave the access only to their scary brown eyes and they are wearing a black ninja headbands with a 'WS' written in white font. They both are buff and look strong enough to crush our bones, but the scary part is that one of them is holding a gun againt Sams head and the other one is pointing his gun ahead of him..

..right in my face.

Shit!

_____________________

Hey!

What do you think of this chapter?

Harry is fucked, what would he do now?

Also..

I got that^^ as a birthday gift yesterday

I got that^^ as a birthday gift yesterday. I've always wanted it and now finally I have it. Almost completed two chapters. Wow! It's gonna be my first novel that I would finish reading.

And I'm so fooking excited for DLIBYH tonight!!!

Anyway vote and comment if you like.

♥️