15

*・。*゜・。・o゜・。*゜・。・o*゜・。・o*

I was living in a nightmare.

Even after pinching my arms three times for good luck, it never offered another reality where I'd be on my bed, waking up to all of it being just a dream. Hence, I'm standing in front of the Annandale Hotel, froze to my steps, heart beating erratically, and a Kiwi awaiting for my answer behind me.

And I couldn't afford this mistake.

No way in hell.

"I—I almost passed out on the bathroom. B-Because of the flu." It was the truth. I almost did, but the ambulance was for the reasons that he shouldn't know, none of them should know. "It's nothing. I'm okay." I waited, for what felt like an hour of standing there never moving. "Please don't tell anyone."

Calum walked in front of me, sparing at me a glance before he nodded and left. Feeling a sense of relief washing over me I almost passed out truthfully this time.

This time, I didn't stop for anyone and continued walking with my head down for the fear that someone would recognize I was the girl being hauled out on to an ambulance. It wasn't just embarassing—but I fear for the assumptions it came with.

Keeping secrets is such a task. And I couldn't even get started about the words that kept reeling in my mind, the one my mother said before I left home to be on my own. She said, arms crossed intimidatingly with brows raised, opposed to the decision I made since day one, "You can't keep a secret forever, Theodora." My family loved Luke so much that the mere thought of lying to him was almost betrayal to them. They tried to understand me, tried to cope with the reason that I was trying to point out yet I knew every time they see me alone on the living room, eyes staring straight ahead at the sky, I know that they know, this secret was eating me alive and they never did understand why I did what I did.

Maybe I was coward. Yeah, maybe I am. Cowardly and prideful.

I couldn't face a reality that I was ruining my life even if it wasn't my intention to do so. I didn't want a reality where everyone would give up anything for me. I—couldn't bare ruining the lives of everyone around me because I didn't want to be like my Dad.

"Theo?" A knock came over three times just as I was sitting by the door. I hadn't even noticed just how long I was lingering there if it wasn't for Kyle's voice. "Hey, Theo? You alright?" I hoist myself up, opened the door, and shrugged. I'm not okay. "You had us worried!" He entered my room carrying a brown bag and laid it down to the table. Spoons, forks, and take-outs I didn't know if I was in the mood to drag it down my throat. "They said a crew was rushed in the hospital! What happened to you? And why are you here now? Shouldn't you be resting there? Anyway, I brought food for your stubborn arse—"