Deadly 64: Tears

Yumi's POV

"You okay?" I asked while looking at Kaye.

She sat on the one seater couch here at our living room. It's already morning and our meeting at the base just ended. Well, we already know who's the traitor. Katatapos lang naming gumawa ng plano para mahuli siya.

She smiled. "Syempre naman. Bakit naman ako hindi magiging okay?"

I just shrugged. How I wish she's telling the truth.

I looked at Alex when she sat beside me. She rested her head on the sofa and looked at the ceiling. I frowned when she frowned.

"Why are you looking up?"

"Tinitignan ko lang kung anong maganda sa kisame. Kagabi pa kasi tinititigan ni Kiana 'yung kisame ng base natin."

I just rolled my eyes while Kaye laughed after she said that.

"Himala yata 'yon? Akala ko pagkain lang tinititigan niya eh," Kaye said while laughing.

"She's abnormal. What do you expect?" I said.

I reached for the book that was placed on the center table. The both of them laughed as I started reading.

"Tinawagan niyo na?"

I raised my head when I heard Kiana's voice. Speaking of the demon.

Sabay naman kaming tumango ni Alex.

"Pero sigurado ba kayong ngayon niyo siya gustong hulihin?" Kiana asked.

We fell silent. For me? Definitely yes. I want to crush that traitor's body until there is no part left to crush.

Kaye stood up all of a sudden. When we looked at her, nakangiti siya. A smile full of disgust.

"Syempre naman. A traitor doesn't deserve to be with our team."

After that, she went upstairs. We just looked at each other.

I sighed. "She'll be fine."

---

Kiana and I are just silent. She's focused in driving while I was just looking outside of the window. It's already four o'clock in the afternoon and we are going into the woods. Well, iyong gubat na iyon naman ay malapit lang sa Montefalco Mansion.

Kiana stopped the car and we immediately went outside. The road is silent and so are we. Lumapit din naman sa amin sila Kaye at Alex na sumakay sa motor.

"Mahuhuli daw siya ng dating," sabi ni Kaye habang nakatingin sa phone niya.

"As expected," I said. "I'll wait Gelo here."

I told them to go ahead and they just nodded. The three of them walked towards the woods with their weapons. When I lost sight of them, I just sighed and looked above.

Why that person became a traitor? Did we do something bad? Is it our fault?

I just closed my eyes and heaved a sigh. No matter how I wish to change the fact that the traitor is a part of our team, it will never change. A traitor is a traitor. We can't do anything about it.

I heard a car's engine behind me. I looked back and saw a black car. Gelo went out of the car and looked at me with a smile.

"Yow! Wazzup! Bakit niyo ako pinapunta dito?"

He's smiling from ear to ear but confusion is evident in his eyes.

"Follow me," I said in a cold tone and turned my back.