Day One Hundred and Thirty-Four

Verse: "O Israel, hope in the Lord; for the Lord there is unfailing love. His redemption overflows." Psalm 130:7

Hope.

Right now, maybe right now, you are not feeling so hopeful. With Covid-19 still going on and everyone being told to stay inside, it's hard to feel hopeful. You may be feeling very anxious, overwhelmed, scared, sad, and so much more. But I want to encourage you that, even though everything in the world is changing, God is the same, today, tomorrow, and forever (Hebrews 13:8). In God, we can have unfailing hope!

One of my favorite writers and speaker Joyce Meyer says: "Hope is a positive expectation that something good is going to happen to me today." I love that because if we wake up every morning and say: "I am going to have a good day today! No matter what happens today, I am putting my hope in the Lord!" This would change everything!

So how do you put your hope in the Lord?

1. Change and renew your mindset

To change and renew your mindset is something you can't do by yourself. You have to seek God and ask Him to renew your mind. Then you have to start taking every thought captive. You do this by thinking about what you are thinking about. Let me explain, say you are thinking: "I feel worthless and useless." You stop that train of thought and say: "Stop! I am a Child of God! I am loved by God!" You take every thought that doesn't agree with the Bible and start thinking about everything that God says about you. Now this is going to take some time and practice. You will not change and renew your mind overnight. Everyday you will have to keep focusing on God and good thoughts. I promise you, you can do this! I am doing this with you! Just remember that in Christ nothing is impossible (Phillpians 4:13)

Here are some book that will really help you renew your mind:

Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer

Get out of your head by Jennie Allen

These books are both Christian Nonfiction books that I have read and I love them!

Of course read the Bible!

2. You trust in God

No matter what you are going through, you can always put your trust in God. Why? God will love you forever. (Psalm 136:1) God will never leave you. (Hebrews 13:5) God will comfort you. (Isaiah 49:13) God will help you and always be there for you. (Psalm 121:1-2) God is always faithful. (Psalm 33:4) God keeps His promises. (Deuteronomy 7:9) God is good. (Psalm 31:19) God will draw near to you. (Psalm 125:1-2) You can do all things through Christ. (Phillpians 4:13) With God on your side, you can do anything!  (Matthew 19:26) God has an amazing plan for your life. (Jeremiah 29:11) God is for you and on your side. (Psalm 118:6)

4. Seek God

You seek God by: reading His word, worship Him, pray to Him, and listen to Him. You need to seek Him daily! Because the more time you spend with God, the more you will come to know Him. You will be able to build a close relationship with God. Having a good relationship with God is the best thing you can ever have. Because as you draw near to God, He will draw near to you (Psalm 125:1-2).

5. You surrender EVERYTHING to God.

You surrender EVERYTHING to God like your health, your family, your friends, your doubts, your fears, your sadness, your career, your school, your joy, and you just surrender your life to God through prayer.

You pray to God and ask for Him to bless you with hope.

Remember you have to do ALL these steps. In this step you pray to God and ask Him for hope. Then you continue to do all these steps everyday.

I know that is a lot of information and this sounds challenging. But you can do it! God will be there with you every step of the way! I am doing this as well! God will bless you with the strength to do all these steps and find true hope in Him.

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray Lord that as I do all these steps that you bless me with your hope. I pray that you bless me with strength to do all these steps. I know that in you, I can do all things. So I pray that you bless with me everything I need to put my hope, trust, and faith in you. I pray you be with everything who is hurting right now. I know that even though this world feels out of control, you are still in control. I praise you for your goodness, grace, mercy, and unfailing love.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you are having a wonderful day! I hope you have an amazing Easter Weekend! Thank you so much for reading. I love you so much❤️💜💜💖

-xoxo Caty❤️💜💖